The Star Of India vs <your name here> [5:1:1]

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

The Star Of India vs <your name here> [5:1:1]

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:43 pm

Ok, so many have tried and those many have all failed to defeat the Star of India while playing as Russia. Maybe, just maybe this is your chance to shine. I say maybe because I don't know if I'll do this yet or not. Do what? Hold a tourney for those that think they can actually post a winning score playing as Russia vs me as Asia using The Star of India.

I'd really like to offer a prize (although I think nobody would get it) :P, and I'll be gone for two weeks in Oct, but most importantly, the Master Challenge is still going.

So, is there any interest in this? This isn't a sign up, but a chance to see if people are interested.

How it would work, if done:

Players would sign up (not now)
One at a time, players would be given a chance to play me in a 1v1.
I would be Asia and would use the Star of India every single game.
Other players would be Russia and could use any tactic they wish.
No other territories could be used.
The only way to "win" is to post a higher numerical score than me.
Draws would not count as wins.
Should no one actually "win", the player with the highest number of kills would get, well, nothing! Ha!

Prize/s may be awarded depending on interest and time/date of tourney.

Do you have what it takes to outshine a Star? :P (if so, please post below)

First Up: sferciz Dedcon. 114:70 (99.7m:85.0m kills)

Second: I am Legion Dedcon. 100:92 (99.8m:96.0m kills)

Thrid: BATTLETRON Dedcon 117:49 (98.4m:75.5m kills)

Fourth: Senator Dedcon 101:80 (94.8m:87.7m kills)

Fifth: Nightwatch Dedcon 99:93 (99.0m:96.5m kills)

Sixth: rus|Mike (don't know where the recording is) It was a draw. 98:98

Seventh: zoros dog, a.k.a. sombody else. Dedcon 104:87 (98.5m:92.9m kills)

Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Haha, where loli to uncover Ace Rimmer cheat :roll:

You cant beat the India Star nor get the prize and Ace Rimmer steal your ranking points with an diplomacy way :mrgreen:

Alright I'm IN
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:10 pm

If you're worried about rank, "/include noscore". :wink: Or, we can play on another dedcon.

Either way slow down budget removed and disconnects/drops would not count, rematch (only one) allowed for technical problems, unless it happens in the last non-crucial moments. I'd want to give everyone a fair chance.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:If you're worried about rank, "/include noscore". :wink: Or, we can play on another dedcon.

Either way slow down budget removed and disconnects/drops would not count, rematch (only one) allowed for technical problems, unless it happens in the last non-crucial moments. I'd want to give everyone a fair chance.

Hehe just joking :(
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Bunches of Oats, I'm IN.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Why would I want to put myself in the situation with an enemy having a better position from the beginning?.. I could have posted the same topic myself, about AF vs EU or AF vs RU for example and have fun with easy wins but what for?..

When it comes to a real game with something to fight for (like it was the last time), I'll do my best but in the mode you suggest... no. Although I'm definately going to watch your matches. I suggest you changing the mode a bit. Reacting in real-time to the challenges is better. Today MOR wants to try it => arrange the game with him and see what happens, then play next guy. No use of signing-in mode really.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 pm

That's why I'd like to offer a prize, give you something (besides bragging rights) to play for.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:That's why I'd like to offer a prize, give you something (besides bragging rights) to play for.

No First, Second Leg on it ?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Well, each player would be given a single shot at defeating the Star, why would you need two?

For example

Me vs (MOR)
Me vs sfericz
Me vs ....

The winner is the person that gets a higher score than me. Example (MOR) 99 : Ace 98 Win!, (MOR) 99 : Ace 99, draw, no win.

If two (or more) people happen to win, it would come down to whomever has the highest number of kills (not including collateral). If those two tie, then the next tie breaker would be whomever held me to the lowest number of kills (not including collateral).
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:32 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:(not including collateral)

Why in the world???
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Because collateral is not something you do on purpose (or can reasonably do effectively on purpose) and if anything, Russia would be the one with the most collateral. :wink:

Besides, what are the odds that two people would actually win? One will be hard enough.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:...and if anything, Russia would be the one with the most collateral. :wink:

Not really, Russians Silos are out of cities range not the same at The India Star, so Asia who would be the one with the most collateral..
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 pm

As I understand it, collateral is obtained when something is destroyed (ex, nuke hit by AA)/crashes over a city. Because Russia's cities are compacted much more than Asia's and the fact that more planes will be traveling over those same cities, I would think (and believe have experienced) Russia having more collateral.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:As I understand it, collateral is obtained when something is destroyed (ex, nuke hit by AA)/crashes over a city. Because Russia's cities are compacted much more than Asia's and the fact that more planes will be traveling over those same cities, I would think (and believe have experienced) Russia having more collateral.

True, but Russia has no activity near cities, not the same at Asia it have the most of activity near the India, so the % to have crashes over the cities is more higer than Russia..
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 pm

No activity? :shock: Only if you place near Alaska! (MOR) is the only one so far to try that. Most everybody else places in Near Europe or in directly above the Star, so lot's of activity when 12 subs and loads of bombers are sending nukes, plus the mass wave of fighters from both sides.

Return to “General”