Noobs who only play noobs?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Why?
level5
level5
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Verona

Noobs who only play noobs?

Postby Why? » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:19 am

Anyone noticed? There are a few small groups of noobs, who only play other noobs. They host servers, with passwords, and kick anyone who's better than them. It's kinda funny, actually.
User avatar
All American Mobster
level4
level4
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:46 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Postby All American Mobster » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 am

Do they have a specific server name or does it change?



-$tanley
pinback
level1
level1
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:48 pm

Postby pinback » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:40 am

I've never kicked anyone for being too good, but knowing that pretty much anybody on this BBS could most likely keep me from getting a single kill (or survivor!) might give me pause before hitting "ready".

Another good reason for a ranking system!
Synapse
level2
level2
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:15 am

Postby Synapse » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 am

Define 'Noob'.
Blackbeard
level4
level4
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 am

Synapse wrote:Define 'Noob'.


Someone who joined teh Forum on or after 23 August :P
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 am

Synapse wrote:Define 'Noob'.


Someone who asks for a definition of 'Noob'.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
dunetrooper
level4
level4
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:28 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere Wyoming.

Postby dunetrooper » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Blackbeard wrote:
Synapse wrote:Define 'Noob'.


Someone who joined teh Forum on or after 23 August :P


\looks at your join date... scratches head

Did you just insult yourself? Pretty noobish :P
I wasn't here.
Blackbeard
level4
level4
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:13 pm

dunetrooper wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:
Synapse wrote:Define 'Noob'.


Someone who joined teh Forum on or after 23 August :P


\looks at your join date... scratches head

Did you just insult yourself? Pretty noobish :P


Haha yeah I get it :oops: 8) .
User avatar
Gulidar
level4
level4
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Postby Gulidar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm

They host servers, with passwords, and kick anyone who's better than them.


I didnt notice that. Because servers are with passwords, how the hell i'm supposed to connect? :)
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Re: Noobs who only play noobs?

Postby Feud » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 pm

Why? wrote:Anyone noticed? There are a few small groups of noobs, who only play other noobs. They host servers, with passwords, and kick anyone who's better than them. It's kinda funny, actually.


Maybe they just want to play with friends, rather than a random stranger on the internet. Perhaps they don't really care to play a stranger who will beat them, but would rather play someone they know and who is of comparable skill.

Really, the behavior you listed isn't grounds to call someone a noob. Making a post that makes fun of others who are trying their best to enjoy the game with their friends without bothering anyone else does, however, seem pretty noobish.
User avatar
Gulidar
level4
level4
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Postby Gulidar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Making a post that makes fun of others who are trying their best to enjoy the game with their friends without bothering anyone else does, however, seem pretty noobish.


Making fun of others can never be something noobish.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
Why?
level5
level5
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Verona

Re: Noobs who only play noobs?

Postby Why? » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Feud wrote:
Why? wrote:Anyone noticed? There are a few small groups of noobs, who only play other noobs. They host servers, with passwords, and kick anyone who's better than them. It's kinda funny, actually.


Maybe they just want to play with friends, rather than a random stranger on the internet. Perhaps they don't really care to play a stranger who will beat them, but would rather play someone they know and who is of comparable skill.

Really, the behavior you listed isn't grounds to call someone a noob. Making a post that makes fun of others who are trying their best to enjoy the game with their friends without bothering anyone else does, however, seem pretty noobish.


You're right. I just call them noobs, because when I see them on a dedicated server, they always get raped. I signed on to their server, and without a word they kicked me and put up a password. :lol:

I've seen 'noobs' cry on the servers, about always getting beat by 'experts'...so I guess they made a noob server.
User avatar
All American Mobster
level4
level4
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:46 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Postby All American Mobster » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 pm

My definition of 'noobs' are people who have had/played the game for some time, but dont take advise from anyone, and they end up getting mauled, because they think they can do it but their stratagy sucks. Now, a 'newb' on the other hand is someone who just bought the game and doesnt know what they're doing.



-$tanley
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Image

xander
User avatar
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 6:16 am
Location: Jumping Radiation
Contact:

Noob

Postby Forrest Krunk » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:31 am

I have seen what Why? writes about, it IS pretty pathetic!

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest