Screenshots on Vista?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:<lots of stuff>

Wow, just joined for that post flaming somebody for flaming? Hehe.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey is pinback? Or is that too cliché?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
pinback
level1
level1

Postby pinback » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:48 pm

rus|Mike wrote:pinback, I meant no offence.

Sure, how could insinuating that I'm too fucking stupid to do a search of my own hard drive be offensive?

Just "Chat box said the screenshot was taken" == "Screenshot was taken". I can see no exceptions.

Give me your address, and I will MAIL you my hard drive. Once you have SEEN THE EXCEPTION, please take said hard drive and shove it right up your smug, greasy cornhole.

I mean no offense, of course.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Montyphy wrote:Ice Cream Jonsey is pinback?

It looks that way.
Montyphy wrote:Or is that too cliché?

Sockpuppets are never cliché.

:P
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:56 pm

You all FAIL...this, of course, should be in the Windows Troubleshooting section...

...oh crap...I fell in some cliché... :P
pinback
level1
level1

Postby pinback » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm

ynbniar wrote:You all FAIL...this, of course, should be in the Windows Troubleshooting section...

...oh crap...I fell in some cliché... :P

I hope your dog dies of Parvo.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:01 pm

They see me trollin'
They hatin'
Pa-trollin' they tryin' to catch me writin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me writin' dirty.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Why dont you give remote access to your hardrive.
Ice Cream Jonsey
level0

Postby Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm

All right, some of you monsters are a little behind on your Internet forum terminology. Even though it makes me an enormous tool for having to explain this to you cretins, I feel that if I educate along with dishing out admonishment, it will hopefully encourage one of you to one day either 1) make your own ridiculously stylish, award-winning indie game from scratch or 2) simply post better, keeping in mind that it will take equal effort to do either for most of you.

A SOCK PUPPET is not when somebody randomly shows up and starts savaging the community, like how I did earlier. A sock puppet is the name of an account used to agree with the initial poster (that we will deign the PUPPETEER) on some point. The intended effect is that the lurkers and such think, "Huh, maybe I wasn't too keen on the arguments of the first guy (the PUPPETEER) but if some other person agrees with him, maybe there IS something there."

It doesn't really apply when I use Pinback's post as a launching pad to make fun of you obnoxious, screeching man-children.

Okay, secondly, TROLLING is also different than what some of you think it is. I excuse the posters from Europe and Russia, because honestly, just them being able to get to the Internet to view this forum without either draining their home country's GNPs or disrupting the smoke signals is a pretty significant accomplishment. You know how ynbniar's dog has Parvo and you sort of applaud it simply being able to self-immolate off the carpet? Even though that would be baseline for something not sick and retarded? Same thing here. So when it comes to TROLLING I am really just speaking to the Americans.

TROLLING is not when a guy starts sniping at a group of posters, like how Pinner eventually did. TROLLING is not asking a frigging question about screenshots. What TROLLING is, is putting forth arguments and statements that the original poster doesn't even agree with, simply to get a reaction. When I said that the PrintScreen button was disabled, that was trolling. When I said that I hoped you all killed yourself, that was just me being honest. tllotpfkamvpe even sent Pinback a badly-spelled PM that included the Wikipedia definition of trolling, which made it even more amazing that he still had/has no real idea of what it is. That being said, I assume that he chose that username because his sausage-link-like fingers make typing the equivalent of navigating a minefield in snowshoes for the rest of us, so he's OK in my book.

I hope this has been helpful. Even though we all got off on the wrong foot, I think we can all still nuke each other in friendship tonight, and we all agree that DEFCON is amazing - even though Pinner and I are sort of completely carrying the conversation here when you think about it.
pinback
level1
level1

Postby pinback » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I hope this has been helpful. Even though we all got off on the wrong foot, I think we can all still nuke each other in friendship tonight, and we all agree that DEFCON is amazing - even though Pinner and I are sort of completely carrying the conversation here when you think about it.

I dunno, I like what they're doing here. It seems to be the absolute height of comedy and wit to quote someone, then -- get this -- change some of the words so that you can make an ironic or sarcastic reply!

Here, I am going to try it now, with the above quote. It's my first time, so, you know, don't expect COMEDY GOLD the first time out:

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I hope this has been helpful. Even though we all got off on the wrong foot, I think we can all still nuke each other in friendship tonight, and we all agree that DEFCON is amazing - even though Pinner and I are sort of completely carrying the conversation here when you think about it. This BBS is infested with fat idiots.

FIX'D!!

How'd I do?!?
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:02 pm

pinback, think yourself. The game's out for YEARS. It has been already played by THOUSANDS of people. All possible errors are reported months and months ago. And you alone say that the game doesn't take screenshots on Vista while saying that it did :shock: It's _very_ unlikely that it's a game fault. That's why you're meating rather sceptic aproach.
EDIT:
I wrote some middle-difficulty programs in my time and I can't get how such error can be even possible with exactly you. I didn't take part in the developing of Defcon but I think that the phrase "...saved a screenshot" is not there just for eye-candy. That's why I keep insisting that the screenshots are somewhere on your PC.
pinback
level1
level1

Postby pinback » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 pm

rus|Mike wrote:pinback, think yourself. The game's out for YEARS. It has been already played by THOUSANDS of people. All possible errors are reported months and months ago. And you alone say that the game doesn't take screenshots on Vista while saying that it did :shock: It's _very_ unlikely that it's a game fault. That's why you're meating rather sceptic aproach.

Let's go back and actually quote my first post, WITHOUT changing it around so you all can pretend you are amusing people:

a decent guy just looking for a little assistance from reasonable people wrote:I tried running it on Vista and when I take a screenshot, it acts like it took it, but the file is nowhere to be found. Help?

Somehow in your paranoid, delusional mind, you interpret this as:

what rus|Mike sees wrote:IV SUCKS! I game them TWENTY of my HARD EARNED DOLLARS, and it won't even take a fucking SCREENSHOT!!! WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS? If I knew they were going to sell me $20 worth of NON-SCREENSHOT-TAKING SHIT, I would have just FLUSHED THE $20 DOWN THE CRAPPER AND SAVED THE TIME!! I am calling the Better Business Bureau and advising EVERYONE I EVER MEET IN THE FUTURE OF MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE that Introversion are a bunch of THIEVES. And I hope all your dogs DIE of PARVO.

The fact is, I DID take a screenshot, it DID act like it took it, and the file IS nowhere to be found. I thought, wow, if anyone had any experience with this same issue, maybe... I dunno? Maybe they'd be on a forum about Defcon! Surely I can politely request assistance without a bunch of Stay-Puft Marshmallow beasts puking diarrhea all over me for it!

OOPS MY BAD.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Mike, why on Earth are you still trying to argue with either of them?

Here's this thread in a nutshell...

pinback: "I have a screenshot problem and am too lazy to search, help!"

Why?: Hmm, this person didn't even bother to search and is using Vista?.. "Hey moron, use your brain!!!"

Pox: "Try searching?, not familiar with Vista, but I'm sure it's there somewhere."

KingAl: "Yes, you can try here, C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Defcon\"

Blackbeard: *Makes camera joke, we all laugh, but not out loud.

pinback/Why?/rus|Mike/Montyphy get into attitude of discussion and implied intelligence of one another

Ace Rimmer: Heh, another person too lazy to search. Stab! Stab! ?? Guess not. "Hey, KingAl's right, if you would have searched the forum, you probably would have found the very answer he gave."

Ice Cream Johnsey: Posts joke of some sort with lots of derogatory rambling.

rus|Mike: "What in the world? Ahem, I was trying to be helpful. Hey, I am Russian after all, it's in my nature to be abrupt, but not unnecessarily rude (or crude).

*discussion about internet slang and it's appropriateness in this thread

Several regular long time Defcon players scratching their heads wondering how in the world a screenshot can actually be taken and there really be no screenshot, years after games release, months after last patch (including Vista), and this is the first guy to say he can't find it?

You really do have to make sure you don't have the chat box in focus. You could try it again and search in the folder mentioned above.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinback
level1
level1

Postby pinback » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:17 pm

You should update the FAQ then.

UNOFFICIAL DEFCON FAQ
------------------------------
Q. (Anything)
A. Why don't you find out yourself, you lazy asswipe.

Awesome! Jonathan Blow wishes he thought of that!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:20 pm

pinback wrote:You should update the FAQ then.

UNOFFICIAL DEFCON FAQ
------------------------------
Q. (Anything)
A. Here's your answer. Now, next time why don't you find out yourself, and if you truly can't find the answer that's been posted multiple times, we'll be more than happy to help. :wink:

Fix'd. :P

Return to “General”