The Master Challenge ::Your objections and suggestions..

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

What you don't like in the Master Challenge

Poll ended at Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:08 am

The Rules
6%
The Organisation
No votes
The Prizes
No votes
The Players
No votes
(MOR)
41%
I don't like anything
12%
I think all is fine
41%

Total votes: 17
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:03 am

Why? wrote:but there may be a potential for abuse. Like if two people are friends, and one of them knows they lost, so they go on ceasefire and give up all their points. It's possible, and in the later stages it could mean the difference between first and second.

Dont care about cheating or abusing here, all the tourney Players are wise and no one can doing that.. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions and proposal and I'm going to apply them just waiting for more 8)
Wikkket klowN
level1
level1

Postby Wikkket klowN » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 am

Here's my suggestion. Territory selection is bullshit in defcon, every territory is not created equally. There should be handicaps for the guy who gets the advantageous territory. Example : I am Russia and MOR is China. MOR should only be allowed to place 8 subs instead of 12.

I can't wait to hear the feedback on this one from you lot of broken condoms!!
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:51 am

I think we should just make a rule that Asia/Russia (and maybe EU/Africa) games are rerolled.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:32 am

MikeTheWookiee wrote:Ooh, last one - tie breakers in the table / ladder - I suggest first "pts difference" and then "pts scored", followed by a playoff if absolutely necessary.

Agreed.
Pox wrote:I think we should just make a rule that Asia/Russia (and maybe EU/Africa) games are rerolled.

'I think' you all should just stop crying about 'bad' setups as far as with 2 games against each of your enemies, the influence of randomness is much less than usual.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 am

(MOR) wrote:You have 15 days to play the both games (From Monday), just try to contact Poxy and fix with him the games time.. :D

PS: You can play your games when you want and any day, just in the range of 15 days.

Yeah fine, but why two games?
If there is an answer somewhere, just link it :wink:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:04 am

About Random Territory if we take Russia vs Asia as unfair setup we have also Russia vs Africa, EU vs Africa and NA vs SA so what is the solution ? We abandons those setups ? For that we have 2 matchs against each Player..

Anyway if anyone have an logic solution we can discussed it.. 8)

Nightwatch wrote:
(MOR) wrote:You have 15 days to play the both games (From Monday), just try to contact Poxy and fix with him the games time.. :D

PS: You can play your games when you want and any day, just in the range of 15 days.

Yeah fine, but why two games?
If there is an answer somewhere, just link it :wink:

Two games just to have two chance against each Player :D
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 pm

http://pox.cerebrojd.net/defcon_stats/territories.php

Europe/Africa and Russia/Asia are the only matchups with consistently skewed statistics, really...
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Pox wrote:http://pox.cerebrojd.net/defcon_stats/territories.php

Europe/Africa and Russia/Asia are the only matchups with consistently skewed statistics, really...

You can beat Africa at Europe also Asia at Russia just that need skills, but the hard setup is Russia vs Africa.

But if all agree we can add new rule : If the both Players are agree about choosing territories or restart in the case of unfair setup.
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Reorganisation is Under Way
Last edited by Cobra Commander on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Cobra Commander wrote:I'd lose this if I had the time to play.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No Comment :wink:
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Reorganisation is Under Way
Last edited by Cobra Commander on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:19 pm

I disagree with two out of three here, ok 1 and ½. :P

(MOR) wrote:You can beat Africa at Europe also Asia at Russia just that need skills, but the hard setup is Russia vs Africa.

You can indeed beat Africa using Europe, but not Asia using Russia, if I'm Russia. :P

(MOR) wrote:But if all agree we can add new rule : If the both Players are agree about choosing territories or restart in the case of unfair setup.

Pfft! If you get a bad set up, you get a bad setup. Just hope your opponent doesn't place carriers or something. :wink: How else can you improve your skill if you don't face the impossible.?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm with Ace Rimmer and rus|Mike about random setup, but as I said already if anyone have any good solution we can discussed it..

Also, some Players like Ace Rimmer and Why? asking for playing their challenges before the tourney starts.. For me I have no problem about that just the tourney starts officialy in "Monday July 14"

So you can play your game before Monday and as you want :D
v o i d
level2
level2

Postby v o i d » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Though you know my opinion concerning the fairness of setups, I don't think it would be an issue with the current system - every player plays his 46 matches and isn't kicked out because of one unlucky defeat.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:10 pm

v o i d wrote:Though you know my opinion concerning the fairness of setups, I don't think it would be an issue with the current system - every player plays his 46 matches and isn't kicked out because of one unlucky defeat.

And I think 46 matches are sufficient to reduce the influence of the unfair setups :D

Return to “General”