The Master Challenge ::Your objections and suggestions..

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

What you don't like in the Master Challenge

Poll ended at Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:08 am

The Rules
6%
The Organisation
No votes
The Prizes
No votes
The Players
No votes
(MOR)
41%
I don't like anything
12%
I think all is fine
41%

Total votes: 17
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:01 am

Wikkket klowN wrote:I want a way to see how well every player is doing... your organization is horrible.... I'm so disappointed in you

Haha, ok Wikkket I'll try to up with a Statistics page for tomorrow 8)

Sorry about the horrible organization :(
Wikkket klowN
level1
level1

Postby Wikkket klowN » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

(MOR) wrote:
Wikkket klowN wrote:I want a way to see how well every player is doing... your organization is horrible.... I'm so disappointed in you

I'll forgive you this time... Where is the page at with the statistics?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Wikkket klowN wrote:
(MOR) wrote:

I'll forgive you this time... Where is the page at with the statistics?

Haha, let me some time, or wait you can build one if you want :wink:
Wikkket klowN
level1
level1

Postby Wikkket klowN » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:09 am

So let me get this straight, you start a forum thread called Objections/Suggestions. I make a suggestion saying you should keep an easy to read sheet that says who wins and loses against who. You then tell me to do it myself...

Je deteste les moroccans comment tu donc je ne peux pas étre ton ami...
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:21 am

Wikkket klowN wrote:So let me get this straight, you start a forum thread called Objections/Suggestions. I make a suggestion saying you should keep an easy to read sheet that says who wins and loses against who. You then tell me to do it myself...

Je deteste les moroccans comment tu donc je ne peux pas étre ton ami...

Haha, I was kidding with you, I'm just busy these days, you can find the Standings there http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=6278&start=0 and let me some time to up with the Statistics for after :D
Wikkket klowN
level1
level1

Postby Wikkket klowN » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Good job, No need for statitistics... That page you made was perfect. Thanks for doing that!
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Wikkket klowN wrote:Good job, No need for statitistics... That page you made was perfect. Thanks for doing that!

Haha, this page was there from Mon Jul 14, just you haven't eyes :shock:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:36 pm

--Update--

Shinygerbil and Prof.Falken are not here to play their games against Why? and Shak, so I propose "Shak play Why?" in the place to giving them the 3 points..

Any suggestion or proposal ?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:28 pm

I agree. Better to shift games around and then have additional time for those AWOL to play later than to just void the game. That way, they have less of an excuse if they should not show up in the 12 weeks.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 am

I'm cool with that. Shak and I have unfinished business, anyways... 8)

If you're cool with it, shak, pm me your timezone and availability.
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, there are lot of people who dont show up. It is shame for them, and i didnt expect so many people to do this.

So - what i want to say is that the way of soluting this problem by letting 2 people both with lost opponent to fight each other as fighting a lost opponent is bad because it doesnt work anytime. It needs a number of players who lost their opponents that can be divided by two.

What do i want is to suggest is a choice for a man who lost his opponent.
Imho, it would be right if he could choose one of the following options:
1) Just take 2 points as described in rules. It is good because it is simple but it ruins any chance of getting 3 points.
2) To fight another man who has opponent which doesnt show up. It isnt really fair because level of missing people can be much better(or worse) then the level of man who plays for him, but its a fighting with real person with a chance to get 3 points.
3) A d3 dice roll, where 1 is loss, 2 is 2 points win and 3 is 3 points win. Poor random with 66,(6)% chance to win.
4) To play CPU opponent with, for example, -25 points(or -50 - exact number doesnt matter as long as this is just my suggestion).

As for me, this will do the problem of missing people hurt less and be solved faster and better with plenty of variants satysfiyng all players.

What do you think?
Last edited by Gulidar on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Gulidar wrote:Well, there are lot of people who dont show up. It is shame for them, and i didnt expect so many people to do this.

So - what i want to say is that the way of soluting this problem by letting 2 people both with lost opponent to fight each other as fighting a lost opponent is bad because of it doesnt work anytime. It needs a number of players who lost their opponents that can be divided by two.

What do i want to suggest is a choice for a man who lost his opponent.
Imho, it would be right if he could choose one of the following options:
1) Just take 2 points as described in rules. It is good because it is simple but it ruins any chance of getting 3 points.
2) To fight another man who has opponent which doesnt show up. It isnt really fair because level of missing people can be much better(or worse) then the level of man who plays for him, but its a fighting with real person with a chance to get 3 points.
3) A d3 dice roll, where 1 is loss, 2 is 2 points win and 3 is 3 points win. Poor random with 66,(6)% chance to win.
4) To play CPU opponent with, for example, -25 points(or -50 - exact number doesnt matter as long as this is just my suggestion).

As for me, this will do the problem of missing people hurt less and be solved faster and better with plenty of variants satysfiyng all players.

What do you think?

Alright, what I think as a Player in this tourney is to remove people who dont show up after 4 weeks and giving each Player 3 points..
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm

(MOR) wrote:Alright, what I think as a Player in this tourney is to remove people who dont show up after 4 weeks and giving each Player 3 points..

But wont that be a bit unfair? I mean, there were some games with "missed" people using the variant "2 people lost their opponents, let them fight each other".
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Gulidar wrote:
(MOR) wrote:Alright, what I think as a Player in this tourney is to remove people who dont show up after 4 weeks and giving each Player 3 points..

But wont that be a bit unfair? I mean, there were some games with "missed" people using the variant "2 people lost their opponents, let them fight each other".

Just shak vs Why ? and we can take this challenge as an future challenge, and giving each one 3 points :wink:
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Ah, no problem then, your suggesting is much more simpler than mine :)

Return to “General”