General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Support Colytic to be Site Admin

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:14 am

To the Defcon Community,
For many defcon players,the forums is an extension of the game. But the forums today is in bad shape. It's been retired and it's been neglected. But that is about to change hopefully. Colytic has publicly pledged to continue his duties. He must be promoted to site admin to replace dtnc vicious who has said goodbye.
To accomplish this I am asking here, that players publicly pledge support so that there nicknames can be added to a PM that I will write to John@Introversion. I have posted on defcon discord and asked there that players pledge support and they have! I will add there nicknames below and update as it grows.

Defcon Discord
Rad
BleaKrytE
Haakon
Beeb
CYT
Python-079
JON
AE
Vic/DTNC Vicious
Baton101
level4
level4

Re: Support Colytic to be Site Admin

Postby Baton101 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:01 am

Add me.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:55 pm

An update and some context on what has transpired. Colytic contacted John@IV and he replied and Colytic is now site admin(Nov 21,2020) on or about.
I reminded Colytic that Baton was banned, and then Colytic first action was to unban Baton and as you can read above Baton posted his support for our new site admin. Thanks to all the defcon discord players that pledged support for Colytic. The torch has passed to defcon discord, did anyone notice that? Yes, It's worth noting that not one single defcon forum user logged in and posted support for Colytic,besides myself and Baton after he was unbanned, so yes the torch has been passed to defcon discord, it is there that you will find the defcon community,it is there we shall continue our battles and discussion of defcon. Join us @group6.info/Discord

Colytic was the defcon forum's last elected moderator. He is honest and true and we want him to succeed in his task here, we stand with Colytic when he stands true, stand with him when he is right, and part ways with him when he goes wrong. And Colytic will now stand the watch as those admin that came before him and he shall not fail. As for what will become of the defcon forums, I favor locking threads and transitioning to a read only archiv. Perhaps its enough only that we have a new site admin in Colytic.

LHH
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:11 am

Laika is also an admin now.

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:As for what will become of the defcon forums, I favor locking threads and transitioning to a read only archive.

It feels like that time is getting nearer. Ultimately it is IV's decision, currently it seems they want to keep the forums open for business. In the meantime we still have occasional old players returning to say hi.

Return to “General”