Just popping in for a bit...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Just popping in for a bit...

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:41 am

On impulse I decided to pop in a and see if anything new was happening, as I have not checked in god knows how long. People still be posting here huh.
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Just popping in for a bit...

Postby Colytic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:06 am

Even if no one wants to post anymore, it's a shame the entire Introversion forum is getting buried under spam. They should have at least archived it.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 pm

@Colytic,
Has it not occurred too you, that as defcon forum moderators you, Laika and Dtnc can transform the forums into a read only archive now, simply by locking threads. I see Dtnc has said goodbye, if you and Laika signal your intentions to continue as moderators, and I hope you will. Then we can write to John and get one of you in as a new site admin with rights to ban the spam accounts.

LHH

Colytic wrote:Even if no one wants to post anymore, it's a shame the entire Introversion forum is getting buried under spam. They should have at least archived it.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:38 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:@Colytic,
Has it not occurred too you, that as defcon forum moderators you, Laika and Dtnc can transform the forums into a read only archive now, simply by locking threads. I see Dtnc has said goodbye, if you and Laika signal your intentions to continue as moderators, and I hope you will. Then we can write to John and get one of you in as a new site admin with rights to ban the spam accounts.

I'm not sure about that, as we'd have to lock an awful lot of threads; also bots would constantly make new ones.

If we could get in touch with John I would be willing to do my job again. But the fundamental problem is that the forum software is old and lacks security, and I believe upgrading that is not trivial. It is just strange that Introversion have given up on their own forum when I thought they were still making games.

Return to “General”