General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Tsar Bomba
level1
level1

Where are you now?

Postby Tsar Bomba » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am

Greetings Friends,

It has been about 10 years since i have checked in. I am wondering where all of my cohorts are now... MOR, why?, edward, nuclear cocaine, eral, R3D, battletron, Groeteschelem, Julian, 47, I Am Legion, Sfericz, John the Greek, mvpe, forever young, zorotoma, tobias, endless, etc... Just curious mostly. I spent way too many hours watching my subs traverse the antarctic at 1x speed.

For myself, I married a lovely woman about 2 years ago - she has no idea about my defcon days! Working with the minutia of contracts. And I have a dog that takes up the rest of my time. Hope you are all doing well.

-Tsar
Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: Where are you now?

Postby Zorotama » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Tsar,

I jumped here after the 1st jan just to see if there is still a defcon life... and I found your post.
I had to reset my password cause I forgot the old one.
Nice and strange to come here after centuryes. My life is changed, I have a baby and another one is coming... so... what can I say more? Defcon time is far and little but I can't forgot it.
We can try to talk about a back in the days tourney :).
I would like to know that also the others bad guys are well in their lives... I hope someone will reply to this post.
See u Bomba (I think I could still recognise your style)
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 am

Hello :) Nice to see old players. The forums were a lot nicer place before the endless waves of spam, cleaning it up feels like a perpetual whack-a-mole. Almost everyone of the my game buddies are away - like Zoro said:
Defcon time is far and little but I can't forgot it.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I was a moody teenager back when I played, when I think about what I was like I cringe so much. Remember all that forum drama? Storm in a teacup stuff...oh well, I guess it was entertaining.

Anyway, I miss all the wacky characters, the mad geniuses and their different schools of playing. The excitement of those late night games. That sense of the epic looking through the recording archives and learning from the masters. (Most memorable moment for me was the late-night 3v3 where I concentrated so hard I gave myself a headache.)

This game was kind of an art form, and it had a really nice community. I'd really like to see one last tourney happen.

(As for me, I've now almost finished uni, don't ask me what I want to do next I haven't a clue.)
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:34 pm

I stopped playing around 2016 I think? Idk it was around when I got my first job and then I started college. I've played a couple of games since then but I'm never on anymore. It was fun while it lasted.
TGR1991&Forever
level0

Postby TGR1991&Forever » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:02 pm

I used to play a lot back in the day with ROFLAMINGO, LaCrosse and Endless. I quit playing back in 2016ish, it had been clear for some time that there was a deep element of bullshittery going on with some players - R3D admitting to ghosting, Richtofen (?) spying on chat logs, Bo Chen being ....weird

Was a fun ride while it lasted. Me and ROFL even authored a decent mod with map coordinates and the like - which made it super easy to estimate silo placement.

Other than that I've been working in software for the past 5 years. I check in every now and then to see if the game has had a revival, or completely died. Seems to be the latter these days.
Teddy Coalition
level2
level2

Postby Teddy Coalition » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:53 pm

It's been about 10 years for me too. I started my own company and I'm an Architectural Renderer now. I miss this game and couldn't find my old key so I'm just rocking the demo for now.. Servers seem pretty empty these days, but it's so nice to see this game still supported. Is there a Discord server these days where ppl schedule games? If so, I'd love an invite! :D
Last edited by Teddy Coalition on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Ahh I think about this game every once in a while, I ended up going to school for computer science and now I work in software :D

Live and breathe software but I don't even like playing video games these days, just trying to get out and explore a little haha
Maj.Kong
level1
level1

Postby Maj.Kong » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Hey Hey,

Nice Topic.

I played most out you on the list.
I'm currently in parental leave and stumbled over this forum in the deep of my website Favorites.

Had a big smile! =)

Stay Safe
Frozen Chozen
level0

Postby Frozen Chozen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:16 am

this is Edward, :)

have not played in a year or so. busy running a new diner in North Pole Alaska. Called Little Richards Family diner...
been well but don't have the spare time to play endless hours of defcon anymore. Maybe I shall play a few this
week for old times sake :). cool to see some are still around and doing well. we were truly like a family for many years.

Peace,

Edward
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:12 am

You're all never too far down in my thoughts. Just no time these days, sadly. But persist in our lives, don't throw out the game, and we'll all play again someday, I'm sure.

P.S. Just had some soup in one of your mugs a couple days ago, Ed. It's the perfect size for a full can. : D

P.P.S I'm sure I have them on an external drive somewhere, but threw out the Defcon Spirit Animals from my desktop/Defcon warhorse about a month ago. Good times.
Rotefaqin
level1
level1

Postby Rotefaqin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Hello! Logged on to see if this community was still active, and saw this post.

I used to play under the name Rotefaqin, or Mr Krinkle. Many hours spent watching those dotted lines fly across the map. Good times, but not got the time for it now with a wife and kid.

I did actually log in and have a game about a year ago. Still got it lol

Hope everyone is doing well
SomeHacker
level1
level1

Postby SomeHacker » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Teddy Coalition wrote:It's been about 10 years for me too. I started my own company and I'm an Architectural Renderer now. I miss this game and couldn't find my old key so I'm just rocking the demo for now.. Servers seem pretty empty these days, but it's so nice to see this game still supported. Is there a Discord server these days where ppl schedule games? If so, I'd love an invite! :D

There is a guild here: https://discord.gg/qADkVKY

But I recommend you to avoid Discord. It has many privacy issues, and we have these forums to schedule games!
Fox in a box
level0

Postby Fox in a box » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Back from the dead, and somehow still kicking.
Missed y'all folks.

Been over 10 years since my last game. God. time flies.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Fox in a box wrote:Back from the dead, and somehow still kicking.
Missed y'all folks.

Been over 10 years since my last game. God. time flies.

Hey there FF, good to see you back :)

Any chance you could reupload that fantastic art you did for Defcon? Sadly Imageshack deleted all these images. (Link to the old thread https://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewt ... f=1&t=8109 )

Return to “General”