Steam Soundtrack Incomplete

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Salaxalans
level0

Steam Soundtrack Incomplete

Postby Salaxalans » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Hello! I think that the first track on the Steam version of the soundtrack cuts off early; it ends abruptly and the first track of the soundtrack in the iTunes store is about twice as long. Any way the Steam one could be fixed? Also, the last track seems to cut off weirdly in the same way but it's the same length as the iTunes version so maybe that's on purpose...
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Re: Steam Soundtrack Incomplete

Postby UNITEDAIR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Ahem,
Who the fuck are you?
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 pm

8)
Last edited by atomic oracle on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:04 am

Pff, can you two not?

Salaxalans, I bought the iTunes album a few years and I distinctly remember the final track cuts off. I don't think it's intentional, perhaps a technical misstep involving iTunes or just a rushed job? (No idea)

I think you can contact Introversion via this form - that seems to be the way these days - but I'm afraid it's unlikely they'll do anything about it now even if they can.

You could get the music from the game files. Use a file archiver (like 7-Zip) to open Defcon\sounds.dat and you'll find clips in Ogg vorbis format. I haven't compared them with the paid soundtrack, though. I know you have a broken product and deserve an actual fix for it, but that might be your best bet.
Salaxalans
level0

Postby Salaxalans » Sun May 01, 2016 11:02 am

Not sure what I walked in on... Anyway I don't think contacting them through the form is any good; there's another problem I've sent a few emails about for over a year with no answer. What's really annoying is that not only does the last track cut off like that in both versions, only the Steam version has the first track cut off! So the right file is over in the iTunes version for that one at least. I'll try getting the music out of the game files and see how well it works! Thank you!

Return to “General”