on the dark dark web - theres a red red room

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dantesinferno
level3
level3

on the dark dark web - theres a red red room

Postby Dantesinferno » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:31 pm

I didn’t think that I would be next. I didn’t think it would ever happen to me. I had thought that they wouldn’t be able to find me or that I was just far out of their reach. I was dead wrong because that is exactly what he was looking for. Now, as I write, I am being stalked down like a mouse is by a cat. I suppose I should tell you though how I got to this point.

I was home alone one night and decided to browse the deep web. For those of you who don’t know, the deep web is a place you should never visit unless you have the stomach for it. It is a darker side of the web that contains just about every vile thing about humanity that you can imagine. However, unless you have these things call Bitcoins (which range from $50-400 USD), you can’t access this darker stuff. But if you find the right sites and have the patience you may be able to get Bitcoins for free. Anyway, I got curious on this night and thought “My hubby won’t be home for a while. One peek can’t hurt.”

I heard about the deep web by listening to some horror stories narrated on YouTube. The narrators all say they’re true, but I have my doubts. In the stories, they all state that for those who don’t know how to access the deep web, you need to download a browser called TOR that allows you to browse more anonymously than “Incognito” on Google. So, I downloaded TOR and got to work. It wasn’t as bad as the stories said it was, worst thing that I can across was the Black Market. While browsing, I came across a link called “Gateway to the Shadow Web” that read “send 0.3 BTC to this web address. You will receive access instructions and the link address in 1-2 days.”

After a great deal of time, I had accumulated enough Bitcoins and sent them to the address. The next day went by without an email until the day after when I finally received a confirmation email. That night I went on the shadow web and did some browsing. I stayed away from the gory sites and the Red Rooms as much as possible and focused more on the forums because I knew what to expect on there. I ran across this one forum that had these people chatting about many dark things surrounding the chat topic. As I was scrolling, I noticed at the very bottom that some anonymous user left nothing more than a link. Being the curious child that I am, I clicked on it, thinking that it would lead to an article or something on that topic. As much as I would like to say that it lead to another forum, I can only say that it lead to what I feared it would be: a Red Room.

If you don’t know, a Red Room is a live broadcast that you have to sit through the entire thing for. Most Red Rooms are known for being gory in some way and most people who don’t know this are never prepared. The only way you can exit out of a Red Room is by cutting the power source from the computer (if I had known this I wouldn’t have been in this mess). I knew what to expect, which is why I wanted so desperately to get out; however, I didn’t know how to get out since I’d never had experience with them. It was dark at first, which scared me; but when a masked man appeared on the screen and started talking is when I felt fear sink in.

“Welcome, everyone!” He exclaimed with delight, “I know that you all aren’t here to watch me talk all night, so I’ll just get to it. Tonight, we have a young woman from the streets. She has no idea what an honor it is to be apart of this tonight and how she will be remembered for the future. Although she won’t profit from this, some of you will! But before we start betting, I need to go over the rules just to ensure that things won’t get crazy.”

Rules? Betting? What? I couldn’t even think straight at this point because I was just so bewildered by this. After the masked man went over the rules, I had finally understood what was about to begin: this was a betting contest to see who could put this poor woman through torture! The broadcast continued, and the betting began.

There were chat boxes at the bottom of the screen telling the masked man what to do to the woman. She was a very petite looking woman so I would imagine that anything that they would abuse her with would hurt her more than it would hurt someone like me. As the abuse went on, as her screams filled my ears, I was looking for a way to exit the Red Room because I couldn’t bare to watch and do nothing. As I was panicking, I yelled aloud to myself “This is sick! Once you find a way to exit this nightmare, go straight to thepolice!”

“What did you just say?”

The screaming stopped and I was looking at the man in the mask. I don’t think he’s even in the same room because this room is pitch black (minus the light from the computer screen). It was at this moment that I realized that my mic was on and I couldn’t turn it off.

“What, can’t handle my show? I’m just trying to have fun! I mean everyone else gets to have fun with their hunting and video game shit, but I can’t?! I get to have the fxxking 5-0 called on me?!”

A moment of silence went by...

“How would you like to be featured in my next show, Moth?” He finally said. “Um..” I trailed in shock. How in the world did he know my name? “Come on, a nosy, beautiful, brunet like yourself would be bet on instantly at a high price! Oh wait, you look confused. It’s OK, you don’t need to worry because I have everything under control. Now, hold still while I take your picture.”

Take my- oh god! Once I realized that my webcam was on I immediately covered it, still trying to exit the Red Room.

“Take your hand off of the webcam or else I’ll come visit you sooner you bitch. That’s right, I know where you live. You should really consider using better security on your laptop because I was able to access it quicker than I accessed my own!”

I was horrified! So horrified that I wanted to puke! But I complied and he took the picture. “There’s a good girl” I heard coming from the screen. While he was humming to pass the time (while he was doing something on his computer), the thought of removing the battery came to my mind! Immediately, I flipped my laptop over, took out the battery, threw my laptop, and cried. I had no idea what in the world I had just seen! I didn’t eat, sleep, or feel much of anything after that for quite a few days.

My experience with the deep web happened almost a week ago and I’m still on edge. I realized that I am being stalked when I was walking home from the local market two nights ago to see a black SUV keeping a freakishly close distance to me. I let it slide that night (I know, stupid) but not last night. I took more detours than I even knew existed on that route to avoid the SUV. When my husband asked, I just told her that there was an incredibly long line at the market. I had the same thing happen to me tonight and I have no doubt that this is connected to my encounter with the deep web.

If I am to die tonight, I just want everyone to know that I didn’t enjoy any bit of what I saw and I’m strongly against it. I also want everyone to know that I truly am a genuinely nice perso. I hope that no one ever has to experience what that woman did. With that, I’m signing off and going to bed since it’s now 2:47AM. I will update in the morning!

“Wake up, Moth, you’re next.”

UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Re: on the dark dark web - theres a red red room

Postby UNITEDAIR » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:35 pm

This belongs in r/nosleep or some other silly stuff like it.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 pm

UNITEDAIR wrote:This belongs in r/nosleep or some other silly stuff like it.

*/r/shittynosleep
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Format your HDD.
rstd2
level1
level1

Postby rstd2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:05 am

You know what if this is true, I'd call the police and tell them everything, even if it might cost you a fine or something, either way this really doesn't belong here.
Stone Halk
level1
level1

Postby Stone Halk » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:57 pm

This words like a metaphor pros use in photo editing. I think it’s especially relevant for working with photographs of interior and exterior design of houses. Speaking of which, stumbled upon https://homery.design/ — their magic turns photos into vibrant visual stories. Check them out for a brighter, more colorful reality of design!
yohannathomas
level0

Postby yohannathomas » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 pm

An article review writing service https://essayhub.com/article-review-writing-service helped me a lot when I was a student. Their experienced writers consistently write well-written reviews, saving me time and stress. A personalized approach ensures that my unique requirements are met and the results are outstanding. A trusted academic ally who I highly recommend to anyone who wants to succeed in article reviewing.

Return to “General”