General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Re: New Moderator Proposal

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:37 am

trickser wrote:
Zorotama wrote:I would like senator as moderator. He's clever, brilliant, patient and honest beyond the trashes. I think he's a good example of a sane and balanced guy. I would have trust in his decisions, although if against my shitty aptitudes.

Sounds good, except that I introduced the whole banning and privilege abusing into Defcon (in 2011?). First I wasn't able to deal with 3 or so assholes/trolls (on the game servers) because I was to lazy to investigate and react properly. Then I enabled and encouraged half of the Defcon players to use (in that context) violent tools on Defcon players without defining rules. I even had a philosophic concept on that matter to ensure myself on the rightness of collateral victims. When I finally realized that the damage of privilege abuse superseded the initial trolling I allowed it to continue and finally I left because I could not stand it. Abandoning what I initially build with the noble goal of preserving the past.

You think I am a good candidate for forum moderation, I do not.

And I don't understand the matter. Vic and Laika seem to handle it alright, your reasons to distrust them appear negligible to me. I don't think it is required to be a saint to help IVs forum to not fall apart anyway. And if they should turn into assholes, I totally trust this community to handle it as a collective, like we just did (thanks folks).

As I stated before, leave it be for the time being.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:41 am

ReflectionCoup wrote:
Zorotama wrote:My convinction is strengthened by hearing that.

I'd like that you consider the opportunity to be avaiable for that. In that case I will support your candidacy (although I know that I'm not the best endorser).

He would have banned you ... you know after your endless Endless remarks and insults. Furthermore, Germans sucks (I love Merkel though) so thanks but no thanks ...

I don't know your really goal..I smell something ambigous. You seem half troll and half fake.

Anyway I'm not starting a flame for that..I simply shown my idea of balanced and discriminating (and also self-critical) guy...and the forum needs this kind of person.

But I'm fine, don't worry. I don't search protection against the ban..who do you think I am?
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:55 am

Zorotama wrote:
ReflectionCoup wrote:
Zorotama wrote:My convinction is strengthened by hearing that.

I'd like that you consider the opportunity to be avaiable for that. In that case I will support your candidacy (although I know that I'm not the best endorser).

He would have banned you ... you know after your endless Endless remarks and insults. Furthermore, Germans sucks (I love Merkel though) so thanks but no thanks ...

I don't know your really goal..I smell something ambigous. You seem half troll and half fake.

Anyway I'm not starting a flame for that..I simply shown my idea of balanced and discriminating (and also self-critical) guy...and the forum needs this kind of person.

But I'm fine, don't worry. I don't search protection against the ban..who do you think I am?

Is telling the truth trolling, Germans do suck, you're Italian, you must know that ... ? I'm serious dude. But hé, thanks for not starting a nuclear war :-)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:02 am

trickser wrote:And I don't understand the matter. Vic and Laika seem to handle it alright, your reasons to distrust them appear negligible to me. I don't think it is required to be a saint to help IVs forum to not fall apart anyway. And if they should turn into assholes, I totally trust this community to handle it as a collective, like we just did (thanks folks).

First: don't upset if I trust in you..It's not an offence.
Second: I don't want to repeat it again but there are many reasons to consider helpfull to add a new and balanced moderator (one that tries to do the right things because he likes the right things..not so obvious).
Third: I don't want a saint but a guy like you (and like others, I hope) who can recognize his mistake but with a pure effort for the best (the human, too human best).
Fourth: you are right about the collective, but the collective did it hardly and after many failed attempts. And a balanced and honest mod choosed by the community is an action of the community itself.
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:09 am

a new and balanced moderator

I agree, Trickser isn't that guy, LHH doesn't qualify, so we'll just have to wait until the new Messiah comes along.
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Postby Ärstotzka » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:16 am

ReflectionCoup wrote:

I agree, Trickser isn't that guy, LHH doesn't qualify, so we'll just have to wait until the new Messiah comes along.

Senator isn't the guy simply because he's German?
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:17 am

Ärstotzka wrote:
ReflectionCoup wrote:

Senator isn't the guy simply because he's German?

:D :D :D no, he is ALSO a German ...
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:23 am

ReflectionCoup wrote:
we'll just have to wait until the new Messiah comes along.

If you search the Messiah, first use the axe of the Baptist on vic and laika. You know..the straw and the timber, and all that shit.
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:25 am

Zorotama wrote:
ReflectionCoup wrote:

If you search the Messiah, first use the axe of the Baptist on vic and laika. You know..the straw and the timber, and all that shit.

I see your point. Amen brother.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:29 am

Lol...goodnight guys, I'm done for now.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:21 am

Zorotama wrote:
ReflectionCoup wrote:

WTF are you bozos talking about lol

Can't ever just stay serious on a topic eh? That would just be too easy...

IMO Laika & Myself can do a fine job and do not really need any help. And if there was one person qualified enough to be another mod it would be Sen and just seeing his own thoughts now that idea is out of the window. The rest of the people nominated or mentioned aren't even active enough on here. Like stated above if we go power crazy which neither of us haven't in the years... id just bow myself out then lol I hold no stakes monetarily in this forum to stay on staff for any reason. With that being said I will run the ship smooth with Laika and there should not be any problems, and if you don't trust me or Laika with what we are doing re-evaulate your life. :mrgreen:
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:30 pm

@vic

Honestly, many others (beyond Senator) are enough qualified to be better than you and laika as moderator.

Anyway, I stop myself...although I think that it's usefull to say what people doesn't want to hear.

@endless

I'm not your foe and paradoxically I think that you would be a more transparent mod than vic.. I simply haven't trust in your brain.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Qualified enough to be better than me and Laika? I'd like to know who these people are and that's just plain wrong. Let's not make asinine comments just to be "that guy". Your judgement is already clouded from the result of your most recent comments at me/endless so I don't wanna hear it honestly.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:IMO Laika & Myself can do a fine job and do not really need any help. And if there was one person qualified enough to be another mod it would be Sen and just seeing his own thoughts now that idea is out of the window. The rest of the people nominated or mentioned aren't even active enough on here.

That latter part is not true, come on. You're just sweeping aside every nomination because you like the status quo.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Name one person out of those nominated then who's actually active on here , besides just when it's drama lol ...ill be waiting.

Return to “General”