Postby Mr.Megadeath » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:08 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:Wasn't Srs

goddamn it
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Re: New Moderator Proposal

Postby Rad Poison » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:56 am

Endless wrote:I've put a foe on Zoro, so I wont have to read his horrible attempts at insults because they are just annoying.

But I think with all of the drama of the last election, we either don't need a new mod, or the power at be (john I assume) needs to just hand select it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5JrucgtL0E
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm

(MOR) wrote:Here my proposal : Atomic Oracle, Colytic, F.Y., Lord_Haw_Haw and Trickser/Senator

I don`t want to be a mod.
I thought vic and laika are enough mods. Btw, unlock all threads on first page in general and unsticky some!

Here my proposal: MOR, Colytic, Lord_Haw_Haw and Trickser/Senator, Baton :)
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Forever Young wrote:
(MOR) wrote:Here my proposal : Atomic Oracle, Colytic, F.Y., Lord_Haw_Haw and Trickser/Senator

I don`t want to be a mod.
I thought vic and laika are enough mods. Btw, unlock all threads on first page in general and unsticky some!

Here my proposal: MOR, Colytic, Lord_Haw_Haw and Trickser/Senator, Baton :)

Against. You are trading one clique for another. You need mods who aren't in love with themselves and don't run servers.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Most of us have been an admin of a server and I'm a current one so that's a moot point
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:59 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:Most of us have been an admin of a server and I'm a current one so that's a moot point

G6 is tainted since the Sicilian affair, I believe that this is a strong point. How many mods does this forum need anyway? Keep it like it is.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:59 pm

I would like senator as moderator. He's clever, brilliant, patient and honest beyond the trashes. I think he's a good example of a sane and balanced guy. I would have trust in his decisions, although if against my shitty aptitudes.
And, although I agree with endless about the risk or* a new election, I think we need to add another mod to the present unbalanced ones.

EC:*of
Last edited by Zorotama on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm

On G6 the buck stops with me, I banned Scilian Hound and we have made a complete break from him and all the things he did. I have apologized in private and in public,for the terrible mistakes he made. G6 has moved beyond that. So I dispute your suggestion that G6 is tainted.

LHH

ReflectionCoup wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:Most of us have been an admin of a server and I'm a current one so that's a moot point

G6 is tainted since the Sicilian affair, I believe that this is a strong point. How many mods does this forum need anyway? Keep it like it is.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:12 am

Zorotama wrote:I would like senator as moderator. He's clever, brilliant, patient and honest beyond the trashes. I think he's a good example of a sane and balanced guy. I would have trust in his decisions, although if against my shitty aptitudes.

Sounds good, except that I introduced the whole banning and privilege abusing into Defcon (in 2011?). First I wasn't able to deal with 3 or so assholes/trolls (on the game servers) because I was to lazy to investigate and react properly. Then I enabled and encouraged half of the Defcon players to use (in that context) violent tools on Defcon players without defining rules. I even had a philosophic concept on that matter to ensure myself on the rightness of collateral victims. When I finally realized that the damage of privilege abuse superseded the initial trolling I allowed it to continue and finally I left because I could not stand it. Abandoning what I initially build with the noble goal of preserving the past.

You think I am a good candidate for forum moderation, I do not.

And I don't understand the matter. Vic and Laika seem to handle it alright, your reasons to distrust them appear negligible to me. I don't think it is required to be a saint to help IVs forum to not fall apart anyway. And if they should turn into assholes, I totally trust this community to handle it as a collective, like we just did (thanks folks).
Last edited by trickser on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 am

My convinction is strengthened by hearing that.

I'd like that you consider the opportunity to be avaiable for that. In that case I will support your candidacy (although I know that I'm not the best endorser).
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:31 am

Zorotama wrote:My convinction is strengthened by hearing that.

I'd like that you consider the opportunity to be avaiable for that. In that case I will support your candidacy (although I know that I'm not the best endorser).

He would have banned you ... you know after your endless Endless remarks and insults. Furthermore, Germans sucks (I love Merkel though) so thanks but no thanks ...
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:34 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:On G6 the buck stops with me, I banned Scilian Hound and we have made a complete break from him and all the things he did. I have apologized in private and in public,for the terrible mistakes he made. G6 has moved beyond that. So I dispute your suggestion that G6 is tainted.

LHH

ReflectionCoup wrote:

Group6 is tainted, you covered him many times for the same insane and retarded behaviour as he showed in his final days. We don't have to redo the whole shit discussion but making a few:" i'm so sorry' ''s is too little to recover the lost confidence.

Return to “General”