Mass shootings

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: Mass shootings

Postby Endless » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 pm

On a side note: I love how Baton's buddies aren't rushing to his aide now that they can see exactly the reasons why the mods didn't want him here in the first place. So funny.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Colytic wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:Imo that was kudayta's policy, and now it's a major part of why he is being pushed off.

But kudayta's policy was censorship, twisted by a personal bias.

Isn't keeping certain things to oneself is a form (self-)censorship ?
Imo kudayta has overdone some cases, like banning Max; overall, nevertheless, I can't agree with demoting him.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 am

Laika_rus wrote:
Colytic wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:Imo that was kudayta's policy, and now it's a major part of why he is being pushed off.

But kudayta's policy was censorship, twisted by a personal bias.

Isn't keeping certain things to oneself is a form (self-)censorship ?
Imo kudayta has overdone some cases, like banning Max; overall, nevertheless, I can't agree with demoting him.

Obviously I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet that Kudayta also thinks he has overdone some certain things. However, you can't learn how to do something right unless somewhere along the line it was done wrong once (my daddy always told me that). I think he learns from his errors. He was, as we have seen on this thread, not wrong about baton though. So kudos to him for sticking to his guns on this case.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 am

To get this train back on its tracks...
People always say, "The crusades!" or "NATO is invading muslim holy countries!" Let me break those down for you.

Yes the crusades sucked. Everyone always uses that retort. It also happened several centuries ago, in a time where we as humans were not evolved to know the right to have freedom of religion. We can't keep falling back on what happened in the past, only on how to better our future.

NATO invading muslim holy lands is partially true. We did invade Iraq (twice) but not because "Fuck muslims." We did it because of totalitarianism and greed. The same can be said for Afghanistan. We wanted a terrorist and all of his buddies. We got the terrorist, but we are still looking for his buddies.

There is no excuse for what ISIS is doing. They can blame religion all that they want, but willing to take an innocent person's life is just pure evil.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:35 am

Because terrorism is a tactic, anyone can use it, this war is only about sordid material interests and power. The truth isn't whatever you are told or see on TV. Make no mistake, on TV there are cartoons. In the real world there are not..

I'm Moroccan, I speak Arabic, French, Tiginagh, 27 Dialects and 7 Afroasiatic languages. I watch CNN, Fox, ABC, EuroNews, BBC, RT Arabic, France24, al Arabia and AlJazeera. All I can tell you is they have a good talent for avoiding the truth without lying and misleading poeple.

You have no idea how many people have already died as a result of this war since years. The real terrorism is the use of food as a political weapon, indiscriminate aerial bombardment, and the arming of gangsterish groups of religious fanatics.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:55 am

(MOR) wrote:Because terrorism is a tactic, anyone can use it, this war is only about sordid material interests and power. The truth isn't whatever you are told or see on TV. Make no mistake, on TV there are cartoons. In the real world there are not..

I'm Moroccan, I speak Arabic, French, Tiginagh, 27 Dialects and 7 Afroasiatic languages. I watch CNN, Fox, ABC, EuroNews, BBC, RT Arabic, France24, al Arabia and AlJazeera. All I can tell you is they have a good talent for avoiding the truth without lying and misleading poeple.

You have no idea how many people have already died as a result of this war since years. The real terrorism is the use of food as a political weapon, indiscriminate aerial bombardment, and the arming of gangsterish groups of religious fanatics.

I can definitely understand what you are saying. There is no good side to any war. However, I'd like to think that the western military doesn't send a couple people into crowded areas and start opening fire on innocent civilians in cold blood.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 am

Western military doesn't need to with all the modern tech. I agree with MOR terror is a tactic against a superior military force. To counter it, I think US/EU countries should agree on which power they want to rule the Middle East - reaching consent is not too much to ask for. Then, eliminate any competition to the chosen side and help him consolidate the country. I guess it's called "installing a puppet governor"; only this time, someone with whom everybody is satisfied.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:14 pm

I want more Baton-isms. I literally can't get enough popcorn for it.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:25 pm

UNITEDAIR wrote:I want more Baton-isms. I literally can't get enough popcorn for it.

Si

Return to “General”