****Baton****

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

****Baton****

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:10 am

Announcement

I have just unbanned *Baton101* his forum account. I've thought about doing this for some time now, but after I just got decorating my Xmas tree I felt in the Holiday spirit so thats why I've decided to do it now. This is my prerogative. I have informed the Kud and Laika I might do this a couple days ago. Whether they agree with it or not, this is my decision. I always thought this was the right move to do even a while ago but just did not pull the trigger. I've always wanted Baton unbanned for a couple reasons which are:

1) To show good faith that us mods, or whoever is personally doing the un-ban *which would be me right now* has some heart.

2) If he is unbanned and posts the same spam trash with insults directed towards me, any mods or anyone else.. the community can see the actual evidence so if he was banned again for whatever reason there would be no questions if it was justifiable or not.

3) And last but not least since I love when Baton posts threads about how the USA doesn't contribute anything/is evil/ etc I'd like to be able to reply to those wonderful threads again and inform him that the only great thing that has come out of his country *Croatia* is Luka Modric

So please anyone who has his steam or anything let him know he is unbanned and can come back on here.

- Happy Holidays from Vic
Forever Young
level5
level5

Re: ****Baton****

Postby Forever Young » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:23 pm

:D
I've thought about doing this for some time now, but after I just got decorating my Xmas tree I felt in the Holiday spirit so thats why I've decided to do it now.

US plastic tree with many different colours? :P
2) If he is unbanned and posts the same spam trash with insults directed towards me, any mods or anyone else.. the community can see the actual evidence so if he was banned again for whatever reason there would be no questions if it was justifiable or not.

If he do this again, spam trash and insults, just do not pay attention and laugh about it.
I wish you happy holidays even though you`re an American :P
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I have talked with Baton 1 hour ago and he said he is still banned.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:2) If he is unbanned and posts the same spam trash with insults directed towards me, any mods or anyone else.. the community can see the actual evidence so if he was banned again for whatever reason there would be no questions if it was justifiable or not.

Well, honestly I don't understand this. We contested the kudayta's point of view about this whole affair and you want to silently reintroduce it behind in our asses now?
It's not by your big heart that you concede for mercy to Baton to turn in the forum, for months we strongly asked you to do it because he has the RIGHT to be here, and the bad words that he sent to others weren't more offensive than the ones that he received.
I don't let to pass this falsification!
Baton must be unbanned without special treatments or attentions: HE WAS BANNED UNFAIRLY!

Edit: is Baton still banned or not?
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:12 am

No one was badgering this for months so I don't get where you get that from. Also, I unbanned him when the actions first happened and again after rgreezy banned him also. I've heard from people that they were afraid to speak up until MOR came back and pushed the issue again. It was all quiet before that, I never really got asked about it at all. Baton is unbanned yes, I helped him get into his account earlier.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:40 am

No, I denounced ever the abuse of power of kudayta and I was not alone, and I was also banned for that. But there was a sort of gum wall.
Obviously by myself I didn't had enough power to pretend a change..but it's not a good news to say that it needed the back of MOR to make this possible. The idea was right indipendently but it seems that there weren't ears for a small voice like mine.

Anyway I was not contesting your actions, and you know it. I was only trying to clarify an important detail about the baton's ban. He didn't deserve it, so it doesn't need to be forgiven..his status has to be restored without any kind of special attentions. Things like "this is his last chance" or something similar are simply uncorrect.

Roflamingo called me motherfucker only some hours ago..he needs a special attention for that? Obviously no!!

This not means that I approve the bad words of Baton, I only said that his words were between other bad words from others that he received, maybe more subtle but more offensive. And he was unlucky that a moderator took part instead of being beyond the parts. So, like or dislike him, he was victim of an abuse and for that we asked (now also with MOR and with more unity) to unban him and to stop kudayta as moderator.

I know I am repetitive but you can't say now that Baton is a sort of special surveillance, because it would be that losing kudayta you are taking his point of view.

Be free and let free, we are not animals.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:44 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:No one was badgering this for months so I don't get where you get that from. Also, I unbanned him when the actions first happened and again after rgreezy banned him also. I've heard from people that they were afraid to speak up until MOR came back and pushed the issue again. It was all quiet before that, I never really got asked about it at all. Baton is unbanned yes, I helped him get into his account earlier.

If they behaved in this way there is good reason for it "Kudayta behavior" and not cause of me.
My thread was only to express my opinion about power abusers and see what other's opinion about, and have nothing to do with Baton and Zototama.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:44 pm

The result of election?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 pm

DTNC Vicious, please elections results.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 pm

It's been over twelve hours.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Just waiting for a reply from John. Will let everyone know the second I get his PM.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:40 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:Just waiting for a reply from John. Will let everyone know the second I get his PM.

We'd all like to know the vote counts. The results you sent off to John.

Why won't you update us?
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Colytic wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:Just waiting for a reply from John. Will let everyone know the second I get his PM.

We'd all like to know the vote counts. The results you sent off to John.

Why won't you update us?

I'm guessing because there are 2 sets of results, and John gets the final say. I honestly don't have a clue though.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:59 pm

The vote counts are updated.

PM me if you have any questions.

Return to “General”