***Please read this before casting your vote***

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
(MOR)
level5
level5
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby (MOR) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:27 am

This thread especially for those who missed the subject.

Nineteen of us sent a petition to the IV staff requesting the removal of moderator powers from kudayta. Vicious is now asking use to demote or keep the current three mods.

Here are two threads about that subject viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55868 and viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55830


So take the time and make your selections carefully.

Thank you!
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Endless » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 am

Really? Really? And what about the actions of kudayta's before this past month? Or Laika's? Here is something for you to chew on:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53527 or viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53164&p=589858#p589858

How about this one: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9029&hilit=Cheat

Don't try to be biased with your propaganda.
User avatar
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:31 am
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby UNITEDAIR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:34 am

I believe that Baton should be unbanned but nothing should happen to Kud.
User avatar
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:52 am

UNITEDAIR wrote:I believe that Baton should be unbanned but nothing should happen to Kud.



Hi UnitedAir,
Kudayta will not unban Baton, he has said this over and over. I have it first hand that one moderator would unban baton, but Kudayta would only reban him. The community has been brought to this point because of Kudayta. I blame Kudayta for this, he has not been a fair broker for peace,and yes kudayta this is me heckling you.

Now putting all of that aside for just a moment. You say Baton should be unbanned but nothing should happen to Kud, explain to me if you would please how that happens. Its is a very real possibility Kudayta could keep his position, those of us in the opposition will continue to fight him, how does baton get unbanned if Kudayta remains a moderator? How does this entire mess get resolved?


LHH
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Endless » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:57 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote: Its is a very real possibility Kudayta could keep his position, those of us in the opposition will continue to fight him, how does baton get unbanned if Kudayta remains a moderator? How does the entire mess get resolved?


LHH


Hey LHH,

I posted the following in the thread that's in the lounge:
Endless wrote:I'll try to view this as an outside-unbiased opinion. What the moderators are looking for are actual facts, not emotion. They don't need things like, "Our reason is because we want him back!" or "We are in majority to have him back."

They need actual facts. Hell I think a sincere apology may help a lot. To answer your grief about the apology, since he obviously cannot do it on here, have him apologize to either Vic, Laika, or Kudayta in a game lobby. They can take screenshots and share it amongst themselves. They don't need to share amongst you, and you guys don't need him to apologize to you or to post screenshots.

If he does that, and they decide to unban him, it needs to be his last chance. You guys need to understand that as well. No more outbursts. No more character insults. None. One strike, and he's permabanned.

I think that is very reasonable, no?


I think this is the best way to for baton to handle this. Kudayta is probably going to remain a moderator. However, he has said multiple times that an apology would have gone a long way. So this is a start to a new here.
User avatar
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:12 am

Endless wrote:
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote: Its is a very real possibility Kudayta could keep his position, those of us in the opposition will continue to fight him, how does baton get unbanned if Kudayta remains a moderator? How does the entire mess get resolved?


LHH


Hey LHH,

I posted the following in the thread that's in the lounge:
Endless wrote:I'll try to view this as an outside-unbiased opinion. What the moderators are looking for are actual facts, not emotion. They don't need things like, "Our reason is because we want him back!" or "We are in majority to have him back."

They need actual facts. Hell I think a sincere apology may help a lot. To answer your grief about the apology, since he obviously cannot do it on here, have him apologize to either Vic, Laika, or Kudayta in a game lobby. They can take screenshots and share it amongst themselves. They don't need to share amongst you, and you guys don't need him to apologize to you or to post screenshots.

If he does that, and they decide to unban him, it needs to be his last chance. You guys need to understand that as well. No more outbursts. No more character insults. None. One strike, and he's permabanned.

I think that is very reasonable, no?


I think this is the best way to for baton to handle this. Kudayta is probably going to remain a moderator. However, he has said multiple times that an apology would have gone a long way. So this is a start to a new here.




Hi Endless,
I missed that, thanks for sharing. We have it on good account that Kudayta has said some terrible things too Baton. Do you think Kudayta would apologize to Baton, if baton did the same or made an apology first?


LHH
User avatar
(MOR)
level5
level5
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:32 am

It's not only about unbaning Baton, but unfair moderating, power tripping, editing/deleting/locking/shutting down the discussion... He don't deserve any of the positions of power that he has been given on the forums.

How you can trust a moderator who spam the forums with temporary/fake accounts only to have more votes in his side!!
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 am

To comment on this and clarify , the newly made accounts are not from Kud himself. Ips and everything else have been checked including if they are real emails. The integrity of the votes are under control and under close eye by myself.

About Baton, I'm looking to talk to him this week to see if something can be done.
User avatar
(MOR)
level5
level5
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:To comment on this and clarify , the newly made accounts are not from Kud himself. Ips and everything else have been checked including if they are real emails. The integrity of the votes are under control and close eye by myself.


Voters cannot be who signed up as temporary user only to vote and disappear. Imagine if each one ask his friends to sign up and vote ? It will be the anarchy

The vote is about forums moderators and voters should be part of the community.
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 am

Yes, I know.
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Endless » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 am

LHH,

I cannot speak on behalf of kudayta. I personally don't recall any inflammatory comments by kud directed at baton, but I could be wrong.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby kudayta » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 am

Endless wrote:LHH,

I cannot speak on behalf of kudayta. I personally don't recall any inflammatory comments by kud directed at baton, but I could be wrong.


Oh I'm sure there's been a few on the various Public Chat servers. And those are definitely not my finest moments.

I do, sincerely, apologize for losing my temper on a number of occasions in my life. I lashed out in anger and without good reason.
User avatar
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:57 am

Endless wrote:LHH,

I cannot speak on behalf of kudayta. I personally don't recall any inflammatory comments by kud directed at baton, but I could be wrong.



Hi Endless,
I just read Kudayta's apology to Baton below your post, I personally don't think its ever too late to say sorry. And I applaud Kudayta for doing it.

On a different note, this is does nothing to address Kudayta's behavior and abuses as a moderator that have become all too common here. When Kudayta is no longer a moderator hopefully he and baton can be friends, I think Kudayta's apology should make that possible or at least get the chat between Baton and Kudayta going with Vicious's help.

LHH
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Endless » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:01 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
Endless wrote:LHH,

I cannot speak on behalf of kudayta. I personally don't recall any inflammatory comments by kud directed at baton, but I could be wrong.



Hi Endless,
I just read Kudayta's apology to Baton below your post, I personally don't think its ever too late to say sorry. And I applaud Kudayta for doing it.

On a different note, this is does nothing to address Kudayta's behavior and abuses as a moderator that have become all too common here. When Kudayta is no longer a moderator hopefully he and baton can be friends, I think Kudayta's apology should make that possible or at least get the chat between Baton and Kudayta going with Vicious's help.

LHH


LHH,

I've directed this at a couple other users so I will do the same to you, since none of the others can give me a response: Have you ever moderated a forum before?
User avatar
trickser
level5
level5
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: The Senate ; GMT+1
Contact:

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby trickser » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:33 pm

UNITEDAIR wrote:I believe that Baton should be unbanned but nothing should happen to Kud.

I think that position is perfectly fine.
It is just that the election is basically about either/or and it is kudaytas responsibility it is that way. Anyway, I wanna point out since you casted your vote you also made that decision of either/or. An alternative could have been to abstain.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests