Moderators Abuse of Power

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

(MOR)
level5
level5

Moderators Abuse of Power

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:19 am

Moderators should be in place to moderate. Not to provide people with a BAN and send them on goose chases. They should invest time and effort into helping users, managing and maintaining the commenting community not damaging users' trust and lose a lot of good members.

In addition to monitoring posts, someone should also be moderating the moderators.. I'm not saying all moderators are bad, but unfortunate truth some are power abusers. They dont like to hear personal opinion and can't tolerate any criticism, and just delete everything they dont like, though this guy sounds like he deserved it.

I know that forums can get out of control if not properly moderated. But enforcement should be fair and consistent, not based on the mood or whims of the moderator and get involved directly with anyone in the place of handling disputes among commenters.

One of the responsibilities that comes with moderation is to be a neutral party. Unfortunately, this an example of unprofessional conduct.. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54425

When moderators are allowed to ridicule people openly, modify other people's posts so as to make those posts look stupid and inept, the forum communities suffer. Sadly many have left the forums due to the moderators are part of the bullies.

Internet is a playground of sick people and not a cult gathering. Posters should never feel like they are being subjected to the whims of different people in different moods.

Who is the "worst" will simply depend on your point of view..
Endless
level5
level5

Re: Moderators Abuse of Power

Postby Endless » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am

:? You just had to rekindle that flame didn't you?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:56 pm

I don't want to start a flame thread. I'm doing it to express my opinion and see what other's opinion about this delicate subject.

Tens of good members have said that no longer feel comfortable commenting in the forums since some moderators get a pass for whatever comments they make and can delete or suspend users just for possessing a viewpoint of civility towards others.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Who's these tens of good members?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:54 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:Who's these tens of good members?

I recently had a conversation with some, but I do not want to say names. There are a couple reason why I don't. Either way, I have an opinion, I don’t make threads for no reason. Anyone who known me, knows that..
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Yes I get that lol but when there are claims of moderator abuse I need specific names so I can talk about the issue. I'm guessing Baton is the reason behind this specific post, I never banned Baton in fact I've unbanned him a few times along with other people to give them more chances. You linked that one thread where me & laika decided to literally unban everyone so there wasn't any issues of equality of whatever. That thread was met with pretty hard opposition by some, especially with unbanning SH but it was reversed and other mods banned them again because they broke rules. Everyone is who currently banned has been given more than enough opportunities to be not be banned again.

To make this transparent please list the Mods you think have been in the wrong and list their grievances.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Why do I need to? Any sane person that can read the posts in question would see how unfriendly and unprofessional when it comes to disagreeing with other people..

Also, this thread based on negative actions performed by moderators that resulted in loss of membership and have nothing to do with a person.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 pm

So you want to make a public thread about public entities, but you want to keep it private? As it's clearly noted on that thread, I was very outspoken about that particular set of incidents. Yet you don't see me banned. You don't see me afraid to post on here.

The point is, these people need to stop being cowards and address this issue themselves. If they have evidence of moderators threatening them, have them post it here, or on a forum that the mods cannot touch. They need to not hide behind you or anyone else.

There cannot be justice without a crime. And there cannot be a crime without a victim.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Endless wrote:So you want to make a public thread about public entities, but you want to keep it private? As it's clearly noted on that thread, I was very outspoken about that particular set of incidents. Yet you don't see me banned. You don't see me afraid to post on here.

The point is, these people need to stop being cowards and address this issue themselves. If they have evidence of moderators threatening them, have them post it here, or on a forum that the mods cannot touch. They need to not hide behind you or anyone else.

There cannot be justice without a crime. And there cannot be a crime without a victim.

Didn't you read my first post? I am expressing my opinion..

Many people are upset and no one cares to argue over who is right and wrong. Some can't defend their point of view.. but that isn't epithet that describe cowardice. However, it sounds a bit weird to call someone coward.. then better argue with me.

An argument isn't just saying, "no it isn't."
zoros dog
level2
level2

Postby zoros dog » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 am

(MOR), your English has improved a lot. Either that or you are a fake (MOR)!

I doubt this (MOR). :lol:
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

(MOR), this is the push-back you will receive. This is the treatment you will get here.

There is no sympathy, or effort made to make you feel comfortable again. There is no care to help the community again. It will always stay bitter and somewhat hostile. It will always stay the same.

I was here, and I would like to say I, "tried to do the same" but in a more aggressive manner. Nothing came of it. You know why? Because the very moderators, whom I considered team-mates, gave me the same push-back. They didn't want me here because this is their playground. They know that in here, the staff cannot touch them. The staff haven't done anything to moderate the moderators.

Imagine... I was the only one on the entire forums taking control of the spam. No one here will do that. And since my argument with the other mods a while ago, I had become meager and bitter on this community. The spam started to pile up, and no one did anything about it. You know what the staff did? They gave someone else a mod position. Now he's all alone to deal with the spam and other bull. I'm pretty sure none of the mods here even know about him, or even care to greet him with a friendly welcome.

And so it is.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:33 pm

(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 pm

RGeezy911, I believe I understand your point. As soon as you show any hint of sense, you will eventually threaten someone's ego and you will come into conflict with the "clique."

Any person who isn't willing to participate in their sick game will eventually be trolled or bullied.

It is unfortunate that the forums (Defcon) are like this, before everything was fine and the forums had excellent community dynamics and moderation to facilitate great discussions. Now no one even ensure that questions get answered.
Last edited by (MOR) on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:29 am

RGeezy911 wrote:(MOR), this is the push-back you will receive. This is the treatment you will get here.

There is no sympathy, or effort made to make you feel comfortable again. There is no care to help the community again. It will always stay bitter and somewhat hostile. It will always stay the same.

I was here, and I would like to say I, "tried to do the same" but in a more aggressive manner. Nothing came of it. You know why? Because the very moderators, whom I considered team-mates, gave me the same push-back. They didn't want me here because this is their playground. They know that in here, the staff cannot touch them. The staff haven't done anything to moderate the moderators.

Imagine... I was the only one on the entire forums taking control of the spam. No one here will do that. And since my argument with the other mods a while ago, I had become meager and bitter on this community. The spam started to pile up, and no one did anything about it. You know what the staff did? They gave someone else a mod position. Now he's all alone to deal with the spam and other bull. I'm pretty sure none of the mods here even know about him, or even care to greet him with a friendly welcome.

And so it is.

Lots of generalizations here. Firstly, I was not informed of a new mod to take control of the spam, I would gladly greet someone if I was informed. Don't try and make us all look like such evil men here because thats a bunch of bullcrap... and quite frankly the "staff" stopped caring about this community a long time before you even showed up so again you seem to be misinformed. Def playing the devils advocate with that post because like you said you are "bitter". I am trying to work this problem out with the certain parties so ill leave it at that.
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Postby Ärstotzka » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 am

RGeezy911 wrote:(MOR), this is the push-back you will receive. This is the treatment you will get here.

And so it is.

Did you read his post?

His post is condemning exactly what you did. You trampled over our community by banning people (like Baton for example after we'd had spent time reaching an agreement with him), without any concern for us. Your utter disregard for the communities thoughts and wishes caused the backlash you got.

Butt Hurt(:

Return to “General”