Moderators Abuse of Power

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Moderators Abuse of Power

Postby kudayta » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:If another moderator will kindly step up to take your place and ask the question and work to resolve the baton ban,get the community past this, we need a fair broker for peace. And you are not it sir. Does that sound insulting?

LHH

Well, you're questioning my integrity without any reason. And you've not provided any reason to unban Baton. So yes, that's insulting. Please stop that.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:40 am

Yes I am questioning your ability to resolve the baton ban with fairness. You should hand this matter over to another moderator and excuse yourself. Will you do that?

kudayta wrote:
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:If another moderator will kindly step up to take your place and ask the question and work to resolve the baton ban,get the community past this, we need a fair broker for peace. And you are not it sir. Does that sound insulting?

LHH

Well, you're questioning my integrity without any reason. And you've not provided any reason to unban Baton. So yes, that's insulting. Please stop that.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:Yes I am questioning your ability to resolve the baton ban with fairness. You should hand this matter over to another moderator and excuse yourself. Will you do that?

kudayta wrote:

LHH

Not without good reason to do so, no. I'm asking you guys why you think Baton should be unbanned, and once we've dealt with that question, we'll deal with the question of what actions of mine you think have been 'abuse'.

If you guys fail to engage me on either of these questions, then I consider the matter settled and the status quo will remain.

Now, would you like to answer my question?
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:09 am

I am sorry to write this Kudy, but I just don't trust you. I think anything I say regardless of how convincing I am ,would be a waste of breath. We must have a fair broker, who didn't write the ban, and that's not you. The right thing to do here is get another moderator and find a way forward.

LHH

[/quote]

Not without good reason to do so, no. I'm asking you guys why you think Baton should be unbanned, and once we've dealt with that question, we'll deal with the question of what actions of mine you think have been 'abuse'.

If you guys fail to engage me on either of these questions, then I consider the matter settled and the status quo will remain.

Now, would you like to answer my question?[/quote]
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:I am sorry to write this Kudy, but I just don't trust you. I think anything I say regardless of how convincing I am ,would be a waste of breath. We must have a fair broker, who didn't write the ban, and that's not you. No the right thing to do here is get another moderator and find a way forward.

LHH

Ok, so you're not going to engage me either, and instead will continue to heckle me.

If anyone else has any reasons for Baton to be unbanned, please by all means post them.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:20 am

Just so everyone's clear: I'm not going to recuse myself (and I'm not going to resign), since this decision was mine and mine alone. I am the one responsible for banning Baton, and the other mods had nothing to do with that.

What I'm looking for is your reasons for unbanning Baton. I'm not interested in heckles, I'm not interested in arguments ad populum, and I'm not interested in any insults you may wish to hurl at me.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:28 am

/ignore Kudayta

kudayta wrote:Just so everyone's clear: I'm not going to recuse myself (and I'm not going to resign), since this decision was mine and mine alone. I am the one responsible for banning Baton, and the other mods had nothing to do with that.

What I'm looking for is your reasons for unbanning Baton. I'm not interested in heckles, I'm not interested in arguments ad populum, and I'm not interested in any insults you may wish to hurl at me.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:44 am

Inflammatory comments aren't helping the case right now FYI.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 am

We already have called good reasons for unbanning. For example he is a very important part for our small community, because he is one of the best players ever.
He is not a spambot. He only tried to get help. He never really did spamming.

Strange, at first, many said he got banned because of his anti US things and now he is banned only because of spamming and/or multiple accounts.
Also we don`t want to lose you kud, as player!
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:52 pm

kudayta wrote:Just so everyone's clear: I'm not going to recuse myself (and I'm not going to resign), since this decision was mine and mine alone. I am the one responsible for banning Baton, and the other mods had nothing to do with that.

We believe the ban has been inappropriately assigned, please don't continue to make matters worse by wasting our time on cheap talk. There is no point in arguing, you did overstep your lines and banning people for insignificant reasons. That's the reason why!

I think it's the time to raise awareness of the issue to the right people, and hopefully, find a resolution.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:55 pm

As I said many times the only problem here is kudayta. He took part in a "querelle" with baton but he used his little power as the last argument.
There is no reason to ban baton, he was simply involved in a discussion and then he lost the patience after the ban.
Kudayta is not supported by anyone about the ban, neither the others admins that revoked his ban.
It's not important who baton is for the community, the important thing is that this ban is unfair and beyond any reasonable rule of the forum.
The fact is that the volition of a unique unbalanced moderator (and endless) is prevailing over all the other admins and the rest of the community.
The part of the thread in which vic tried to unban baton and then sadly realized his obsolescence, and the way whereby geezy pusillanimously didn't solve the problem created by his ignorance itself are the worst and saddest parts of the cronology of this forum.
There is no brain and no justice in this decision. The result is worst than the problem. It's created by an evil will.
Kudayta you don't deserve to have this power because you are not able to use it properly.
Delete this post if you want, but I'm not offending. You are offending the true spirit of the community.

Endless wrote:As far as kudaytas administration... I don't know how they do it in morocco, but when you break the rules you get punished. When you keep breaking the rules, you get punished more severely.

This is offensive, racist and base, and a moderator should moderate the part offended and not support the offender.
While I'm not offending anyone saying that endless is living in a strange dream in which he believes to be finally an elite player. Wake up, you'll never be..
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Ok, so I've provided several distinct reasons for Baton's banning, and I've corrected the misperception that he was banned due to his political beliefs (after all, I share his political beliefs). I've asked for reasons to unban him, and what I get are heckles and insults. (To address FY directly, it doesn't matter how important anyone is to a community, if they act like Baton did then they will be removed).

It seems to me that you guys don't have any reasons to unban Baton. You know that what he did was wrong.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Kudayta, you didn't show the reasons why you banned him because the spamming aptitude of baton is consequent his first ban. He was provoked and conducted to it..and you had a part in this. You are part of the problem, in a logical perspective.
The reason why you should unban him is because there is no reason to ban him.

And about your attention to the insults..consider the endless aptitude that obviously you don't want recognize, maybe because you share the same aptitude.
It seems you see insults only when you feel touched by some words.

Endless insulted mor and the morocco revealing a racist and low aptitude (and he did it very many times). I can't believe you can't see that. You are not a software that simply delete mechanically the bad words, you have to moderate the really bad behaviours..if you really are interested in it as you say.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Kud directly, nearly the whole community don`t want you as moderator anymore. You understand that?
Vic and Laika are enough moderators, if not, we will find an other one.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Don't make this a witch hunt

Return to “General”