General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Re: Moderators Abuse of Power

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 am

Endless wrote:
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:There was a brief moment I thought were Baton was un-banned and then re-banned, and he began spamming. I don't understand why he needs more then one account, that type of behavior is not good.

LHH

Hmmmm.

While I agree that baton should have had more chances, he got them. And then persisted to do what he had been warned about. Then he made new accounts to spam. What is so hard about that? He broke the rules, so he doesn't get to hang with the adults.

Hi Endless,
I was in chat today and I said that again, Batons use of many accounts weakness his case. It does not put him in a very good light. Why did he feel it necessary to do that? I will add I also think that Kudayta is seen in a not so very good light. Baton is unbanned by one moderator one day, only to be re banned by Kudayta the next. Whats really going on here.

LHH
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:45 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:Whats really going on here.

A failing community, divided into three different communities:
  • The police
  • The elites
  • Normal users
Also, for those curious, Kudayta has already edited a post from (MOR), and deleted a post from trickser in this discussion.

This thread in a nutshell:
  • "You're an ass!"
  • A lot of hot air was passed.
  • "Let's have a poll!"
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:07 am

Thanks for adding that bit of transparency.

For my deleted post, I am okay with it this time. It was not really in the flow of the topic and expressed some anger. Useless, except for myself.

RGeezy, start playing Defcon and make some friendship with us.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 am

kudayta wrote:
(MOR) wrote:I didn't insult anyone.

Yes you did. You referred to the moderators of this forum as representatives of the Klan. This is inappropriate. Please stop doing that.

Kud, you are abusing your power right now! You are insulting MOR right now, no, this is much worse.
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:I'd like more input on who (else) wants a poll for picking old/new moderator/s, since, apparently, mods right now make up around a third of all active users. There are those who're silent, but I don't know if they are even here.

I was silent, but I wanted to wait for the right moment. Baton needs to be unbanned,and be allowed to say what he pleases. The moderators need to give him some room. Let him post every un-American thing he can think of. So strong Is my faith in my country that nothing Baton says will affect me and it should not affect anyone else. I think I recall Baton lives in middle earth,we'll we all know that's a godforsaken hell hole. :) I am sure I could find things to say about it. :)

Kudayta is not bad guy,in the past he has been great at fighting the trolls. And he has excelled at it. I partly wish we could put him in a glass case,attach a note,have it say open only in the event of a troll. :)
A lot of us,myself included have a very high regard for kudy. But in this matter regarding Baton,Kudayta is wrong! Baton must be unbanned.

We appreciate the work of the moderators on here. Its a thankless job. But you have made a mistake,Baton must be allowed to say what he pleases, just as I am free to post propaganda and say what I please. Did you get that last part? I have been free to post whatever I please. And I have been doing it for several years now. Baton is one of the greatest defcon players ever, there must be a place for him on the forums.

LHH

I like this!

Oh well, Baton was banned, unbanned and so on because he spammed the forum. Holy shit, why he did that? Because he was banned, or not? Baton isn`t a spambot.

trickser, yeah your post wasn`t in the flow but you posted in the right thread.
RGeezy911, that thing with a poll is defcon forum history. You can`t know this. And sorry for my hard words before.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Endless wrote:
(MOR) wrote:
Endless wrote:So because 3 or 4 people have spoken out and want change, it's time for new mods then? We'd never have politicians then.

This is the main reason why we shouldn't have power trippers!

I don't understand?

This is the result of a community backlash against moderators who constantly overstepped their bounds in terms of what the community wanted of them. We have no sympathy for power trippers.

kudayta wrote:Yes, it was only me that made the decision.

I see no reason to reverse the decision.

Kudayta, there is no need for arguing or negotiation. The decision making by the majority is the basic principle that must be accepted and respected however "right" you think you are.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:14 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:Also, for those curious, Kudayta has already edited a post from (MOR), and deleted a post from trickser in this discussion.

I locked a post by MOR, prevented him from editing it. The post that was reported. Where he insulted people.

I deleted an insult by trickser and sent him a PM.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:19 pm

I did not do an insult. Calling it an isult feels like an insult to me :(
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:22 pm

trickser wrote:I did not do an insult. Calling it an isult feels like an insult to me :(

You stated that a group of users suffered from a serious mental illness, absent any training or expertise in psychology or psychiatry. That's an insult.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:38 pm

What Endless described as playing the bad villain and believing in a positive value of it, I called that a romantic view. And I linked to a wikipedia article to clarify what is a more reasonable way to think of it. Here is a quote of it:
It was used to indicate that the defining feature is violation of social norms, or antisocial behavior
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

I think people should get over feeling insulted. This isn't a college campus.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 pm

kudayta wrote:
RGeezy911 wrote:Also, for those curious, Kudayta has already edited a post from (MOR), and deleted a post from trickser in this discussion.

I locked a post by MOR, prevented him from editing it. The post that was reported. Where he insulted people.

I deleted an insult by trickser and sent him a PM.

That then becomes just another form of tyranny. And the point is? You need to go. Just the simple fact to delete everything you don't like makes you unfit to mod for this forum. This is supposed to be a forum of discussion. We should be the ones deciding what content we want to see.

Please retire!
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:19 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:

• The police
  • The elites
  • Normal users
Also, for those curious, Kudayta has already edited a post from (MOR), and deleted a post from trickser in this discussion.

• "You're an ass!"
  • "Let's have a poll!"

And none of those 3 things are the reason for this community "failing", it's failing because people aren't active nothing to do with the forums. The game hasn't been flourishing for a couple years now so again it seems you are trying to instigate in this thread with things you have no clue about.

I will not stand for people undermining this community when they aren't even apart of it, don't take that personal it's just that you are trying to stir the pot more for what reason idk...maybe still mad at me? Who knows and who cares....

@UA, it seems some people need a Safe Space because they get too butthurt. So yes it's very much like a liberal college campus which is every college campus nowadays or what I like to call them Marxist indoctrination centers.
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:31 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:

• The police
  • The elites
  • Normal users

• "You're an ass!"
  • "Let's have a poll!"

the "police" interesting....we need moderation i would say, or at least it was ment like that
and if there is police where is the criminals? or the police just needed to create criminals?
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

kudayta wrote:
trickser wrote:I did not do an insult. Calling it an isult feels like an insult to me :(

You stated that a group of users suffered from a serious mental illness, absent any training or expertise in psychology or psychiatry. That's an insult.

that is a desease or a sickness but not an insult and per statistics 30 percent of all persons find thereself in a case like that one time in there life. Then?
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Plus i was always against bans and deleting posts. Someone of us want to read a censured journal? Censured news? Really what the hell i prefere the whole sillyness of all the persons then the nice cutted fake truth.
Lets get out of the Coccoons.
:P :wink:

Return to “General”