9/11/01 Never Forget

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

SLO - 101
level1
level1

Re: 9/11/01 Never Forget

Postby SLO - 101 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 pm

Dear Vic. I got your point the second when i saw that you created the post. Basicly this is a very debatabel subject, however i wont go into detail now because i could write 50 pages on eatch subject. So basicly long story short. Like you said 9/11 is a very little "disaster" compared to many others and as youve said it honestly means nothing to the rest of the world. Nobody but facebook like hookers and Americans care so mutch about 9/11. If a disaster hapens in a certain country the effects there are alot greater and last longer. But seriously i get annoyed when there are tons of messages of this caliber: 9/11 worst disaster ever, remeber pear harbour and so on. If we involve politics in this witch i belive we should i have nothing aganst the American people. But theyr goverment on the other hand..... If flight 93 would have crashed in the white house like it was intended to we might have seen a better US because theyr top officals would be 10 meters below the cement. The United States destoryed many countryes including my Jugoslavia. But not just that, they overthrown Gadafi just because he wanted to make a new currency for the Africans to use ( Basicly modernise Africa and help the people) and also many others like Saddam Hussein, Arafat and the list goes on. I doubt the majority of US citizen even care about what is hapening outside the US. Theyr media only pumps up stuff to sutch a level if a man with no knowledge of current events would be told this he would thought it is the worst tragedy since ever and they only do that to get suport from theyr poeple so basicly to con them into thinking US has been atacked and it needed to be done for the security of its people. But seriously nobody would even harm a large piece of land islated from the other part of the world the US goverment alone seeks to destroy other countryes with great potential. Also to answer your question yes i belive 9/11 is a laughabel incident. If you eve ncomapre the body count youd see the Grand Canyon of a difference. It kinda didnt change anything of large importance but it did gave Murica a golden excuse to invade Afghanistan ( A very promising country back in the 60s) so that they would have a strong political foothold in the Midel east. They wanted to do the same thing in vietnam but they failed because the citizens were largely aganst the war witch is totaly not the case when Afghanistan was attacked. Also the US media once again infalted the acctual events sutch as them overdramatize the number of soldeirs killed and the acctualy intensivety of combat. The once promising country of Afghanistan was once again screwd over sadly onyl for the US to get a political foothold in anoter part of the world. And dont even get me started in the country of Izrael.

Im sorry if this offended you but things are 90% like ive described them here. As ive said i dont hate the citizens i just despise the US goverment.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 am

SLO - 101 wrote: Also the US media once again infalted the acctual events sutch as them overdramatize the number of soldeirs killed and the acctualy intensivety of combat. The once promising country of Afghanistan was once again screwd over sadly onyl for the US to get a political foothold in anoter part of the world.

Soldiers killed in action I don't think can be overdramatized or inflated by the media, its in fact very sad and the fighting in Afghanistan was intense as fuck. I advise you to watch the documentaries "Restrepo" or "Into the Hornets Nest". And to say the USA screwed over Afghanistan is stupid, making it seem like it was a good place to start off with... lol cmon. Maybe we should of let the Taliban run shit?no.

Trailer for Restrepo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjqR6OucBc

Trailer for Into the Hornets Nest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9UpmtaC-3w
" They gave their lives for the people back home.... whether those people agree with this war or not... its who they gave their lives for."

I've watched both of these films many times, I would recommend them to anyone interested in this area.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 am

9/11 isn't a small disaster at all. It basically shaped today's global politics as we know it. Much like the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand in 1914. Also about Afghanistan being some kind of paradise is almost completely false. Sure those pictures that you see are real but they are also in the large cities which usually tend to be more progressive. However, the rural part of the country was about the same as it is now and besides the US is not the first nation to invade Afghanistan and it is also not an importiant player in middle east politics.
SLO - 101
level1
level1

Postby SLO - 101 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:
SLO - 101 wrote: Also the US media once again infalted the acctual events sutch as them overdramatize the number of soldeirs killed and the acctualy intensivety of combat. The once promising country of Afghanistan was once again screwd over sadly onyl for the US to get a political foothold in anoter part of the world.

Soldiers killed in action I don't think can be overdramatized or inflated by the media, its in fact very sad and the fighting in Afghanistan was intense as fuck. I advise you to watch the documentaries "Restrepo" or "Into the Hornets Nest". And to say the USA screwed over Afghanistan is stupid, making it seem like it was a good place to start off with... lol cmon. Maybe we should of let the Taliban run shit?no.

Trailer for Restrepo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjqR6OucBc

Trailer for Into the Hornets Nest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9UpmtaC-3w
" They gave their lives for the people back home.... whether those people agree with this war or not... its who they gave their lives for."

I've watched both of these films many times, I would recommend them to anyone interested in this area.

Vic and Mega, i do respect your both of your opinion, but once again like i said i dont hate the Americans at all however i do despise the US goverment. Ill start these by going down one subject at a time.

Sure deaths in combat are always a bad thing especialy when a bunch of goat fuckers kill your troops but seriously deaths in a war happen. Also the "fighting" in Afghanistan was basicly a bunch of building checkpoints and doing door to door seartches in areas where they thought the insurgents were hiding. Sure a few bombs went off in those areas and maby a little bit of a skirmish (3 guys with AK-47s dont realy portray a strong enemy now do they?) but that was that. The US did use techniques like it was a real war, being super safe in evry way. Now back to the point the majority of the war was just in a way policework suported by soldiers. Even if they "captured" territory it was long left alone by the enemy. Now ill give you that there were a few intense battles the ones you emidietly link to a battlefield, sutch as: The fall of Kabul, bombings of Tora Bora (witch may have kiled acctualy kiled Osama Bin Lden and the US just faked theyr attack in May of 2011 as a propaganda stance) and basicly a few suprises sutch as the Battle of Kamdesh where 2 Chinooks were shot down but that was a battle that only lasted a short period of time. Sure it was intense but it only lasted for like 12 hours or so. To simplyfiy things the only larger batlles were in the start of the "war". The rest were a few little skirmishes that lasted 5 mins. But i will give you that that special forces made up of 8 men experienced intense combat because they were outnumberd.

Funny thing is i watched the film Restrepo. Its basicly about them holding a ridge if i remember corectly and doing armed policework in the sorounding valley. And them getting shot at from a X location somewhere behind the goat. I dont realy combine intense warfare with air strikes. Intense warfare is the one that was in WW2,WW1, Korean war and the list goes on. Also what i concluded from the film Hornets nest i basicly exactly what i jsut said. The life of US soldiers in Afghanistan. Complain about evrything, overdramatize stuff doing house to house seartches ( the house to house seartches and showing the base is a large portion of the trailer) and geting shot with 5 bulets from a guy 1 km away. I laso did watch the film Lone survivour. I dont realy combine clandestine special forces operations with a large and intense war. Sure the battle was intense but there were onyl 4 guys on the US side and about 300 on the Taliban.

And lastly "should the taliban run shot?" Yes i think they did a better job than USA but even before that theyr leader Mohammed Daoud Khan did a even better job. Although the country was and still is very poor he upheald the peace.

And a bonus: http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/20 ... otos/5846/
SLO - 101
level1
level1

Postby SLO - 101 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Hermaeus Mora wrote:9/11 isn't a small disaster at all. It basically shaped today's global politics as we know it. Much like the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand in 1914. Also about Afghanistan being some kind of paradise is almost completely false. Sure those pictures that you see are real but they are also in the large cities which usually tend to be more progressive. However, the rural part of the country was about the same as it is now and besides the US is not the first nation to invade Afghanistan and it is also not an importiant player in middle east politics.

As ive said before i respect your opinion Mega.

9/11 is not the same as the assasination of Franz in 1914. That lone bullet made a worser shithole back then. The more the time progreses the larger of a fuss evryone makes about little stuff. As ive said before 9/11 was surely important to those affected but it wasnt on sutch a scale as they described it. They described it like the whole world joined forces and attacked America. Afghanistan was never a ritch country and noir is it now. But before it had peace now it doesnt from the 70s beyond and that is PDPA to blame. Now let me give you a exampel. Its a way better chance to get free food if you are near the free food booth. If you are near the edge of the crowd you will hafto wait longer and also be out of the dead center. Its a good exampel of what usa did in Afghanistan.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Careful of being too cynical.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I still classify that fighting in Afghanistan especially in the Korengal valley as intense. You can't compare it to large scale battles like WW1 or WW2 or even Korea because the enemy wasn't pussy ass bitches back then and came at our forces like men instead of the bullshit blending in with the civilians and planting ieds like the Tali fucks did lol. It's not like the U.S. wants to fight in this guerrilla warfare style they would love an open confrontation with these fucks, but obviously they know they would get slaughtered in 2 seconds so they do the run and gun, mortar attacks etc... War as changed and house to house fighting is very intense. For example when the blackwater guys were burned alive and strung up over the bridge in Fallujah then the Marines went into that city and decimated those fucks in very heavy fighting house to house
SLO - 101
level1
level1

Postby SLO - 101 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:I still classify that fighting in Afghanistan especially in the Korengal valley as intense. You can't compare it to large scale battles like WW1 or WW2 or even Korea because the enemy wasn't pussy ass bitches back then and came at our forces like men instead of the bullshit blending in with the civilians and planting ieds like the Tali fucks did lol. It's not like the U.S. wants to fight in this guerrilla warfare style they would love an open confrontation with these fucks, but obviously they know they would get slaughtered in 2 seconds so they do the run and gun, mortar attacks etc... War as changed and house to house fighting is very intense. For example when the blackwater guys were burned alive and strung up over the bridge in Fallujah then the Marines went into that city and decimated those fucks in very heavy fighting house to house

Well the war in Afghanistan is more or les providing aid and house to house seartches, but yes there are intense battles that last maby a hour where the rebels jsut dont want to give up. Although if the US would realy want a casualles war they could always carpetbomb, use incendieries (napalm) and secretly use chemical weapons aganst the insurgents. Then they would realy get no deaths of theyr soldiers.
Last edited by SLO - 101 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SLO - 101
level1
level1

Postby SLO - 101 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

One more post so i get a badge.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm sorry... what wasn't I supposed to forget?

xander
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:30 pm

SLO - 101 wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:I still classify that fighting in Afghanistan especially in the Korengal valley as intense. You can't compare it to large scale battles like WW1 or WW2 or even Korea because the enemy wasn't pussy ass bitches back then and came at our forces like men instead of the bullshit blending in with the civilians and planting ieds like the Tali fucks did lol. It's not like the U.S. wants to fight in this guerrilla warfare style they would love an open confrontation with these fucks, but obviously they know they would get slaughtered in 2 seconds so they do the run and gun, mortar attacks etc... War as changed and house to house fighting is very intense. For example when the blackwater guys were burned alive and strung up over the bridge in Fallujah then the Marines went into that city and decimated those fucks in very heavy fighting house to house

Well the war in Afghanistan is more or les providing aid and house to house seartches, but yes there are intense battles that last maby a hour where the rebels jsut dont want to give up. Although if the US would realy want a casualles war they could always carpetbomb, use incendieries (napalm) and secretly use chemical weapons aganst the insurgents. Then they would realy get no deaths of theyr soldiers.

Well we did use Whiskey Pete on some occasions actually
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:45 pm

SLO - 101 wrote:and secretly use chemical weapons aganst the insurgents. .

How the hell do you keep the use of chemical weapons a secret?
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:31 am

Hermaeus Mora wrote:
SLO - 101 wrote:and secretly use chemical weapons aganst the insurgents. .

How the hell do you keep the use of chemical weapons a secret?

Obliterate all witness and/or evidence? Deny involvement? Blame terrorists or the gays? Or admit it and shrug.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:22 am

Residual evidence is still out there - I doubt 100% of compound volume decomposes. Also, biopsy evidence. You'd have to completely isolate area of operation, then clean it up well enough. (I've largely just pulled this out of my ass).

My explanation is that nobody cares.
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:26 am

Jet fuel melts steel beams.

Return to “General”