General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: Unbanning people

Postby Endless » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:19 am

Noryb wrote:
Endless wrote:Were you around when literally every time he posted something, it was anti-US propaganda? He got warning after warning to stop that it was just being trollish. It's not a travesty. It's just keeping us from having to deal with his bullshit.

"Anti-US propaganda" is way too vague to justify a ban. The US has done, and continues to do, many deplorable things. That's not "propaganda". These forums are not the best place to debate them, but I think the Hiroshima & Nagasaki thread was relevant enough here. Anyway, it's not like there's anything stopping you from posting anti-Croatian things. There's no shortage of tidbits from the NDH period that you could bring up. Also a sizable war in the 90s.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49447
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47784

There are others that I don't want to take the time to find and other threads that have been deleted. I agree that the Hiroshima thread was relevant and I questioned the reban to kudayta.

There are things stopping me from posting anti Croatian threads. Like the rules, and having been warned about it before. Like a normal person does when threatened with a penalty, I abided by it and I am still present. Baton could not resist and therefore he is banned. It's that easy.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 am

Well plus the fact Baton kept throwing insults out didn't help matters. Baton told me he doesn't want to be unbanned anyways because he will continue the insults and cursing so yeah...that's the end of that.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:12 am

Ärstotzka wrote:The thing is you're just a troll. You're just coming in here after things are starting to recover, as we work things out as a community, to just poke us and agitate an already some what volatile situation. You never actually stay to finish a debate you start. All you do is start a heated debate and make a lot of people upset then leave. Please don't come in here and take a cheap opportunity to get a inflammatory comment in then go back to idling, waiting for your next moment to strike and continue your cycle.

Your opinion has been noted. My goal is not to troll, but I cannot be helped if that is what you think I am trying to do. Since I doubt that I can convince you otherwise, and see nothing to be gained from the attempt, I'm going to leave it at that. Please feel free to get the last word if that is what makes you happy.

Noryb wrote:They're not the same, but they are still related. One can significantly enhance the other. Tournaments, for instance, require forum access for posting screenshots, tracking results, and organizing matches. On the other side, actually playing the game can give you a better understanding of the people that you are talking about. Bans should be reserved for extremely poor conduct, especially when they concern pillars of the actively playing community.

If someone violates the ToS of the forums, they should be banned from the forums. If one wants to participate in events (such as tournaments) that are organized on the forums, then one should behave appropriately on the forums.

I'm not saying that Baton did violate the ToS---I am not qualified to make that determination, as I clearly don't have all of the facts---but it seems to me that several moderators feel that he did. His ability to play the game is irrelevant to the decision to ban him (as it should be).

xander
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:18 am

xander wrote:
Ärstotzka wrote:The thing is you're just a troll.

[...]
If someone violates the ToS of the forums

Why is that TOS such a thing? I don't think many users know it, and for sure nobody acts upon it.
How we behave and if we recpect each other more depends upon our ethical taste and our will.

The only use of the TOS I'm aware of is when people try to justify the breaking of moral laws. But moral laws are effective like natural laws, it is useless and also dumb to ignore them.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:08 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:Well plus the fact Baton kept throwing insults out didn't help matters. Baton told me he doesn't want to be unbanned anyways because he will continue the insults and cursing so yeah...that's the end of that.

Where is the problem? Insults are allowed you said, but he is still banned. You don`t like to act like a Nazi, you said.
I came back here, and the forum is dead. And i never saw Baton`s insults.
All mods should to be ashamed!

Edit: This won`t be the end of that. The shitstorm started right now.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes, that's because all the posts are gone once he was banned. Also I've spoke to Baton just a day ago and he pretty much said same thing lol
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 pm

I don't think FY can comprehend how bad he was. The constant post of the USA bashing was just mind boggling.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Let's vote on it, majority rules!

Yes for unbanning Baton
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:51 pm

What he said?
Fuck the USA
Fuck all americans
Fuck US guys
And now ban me
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:11 pm

So what happened to this?
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 pm

(MOR) wrote:Let's vote on it, majority rules!

Yes for unbanning Baton

JA unban Baton
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Obviously unban Baton.

And revoke mod power to kudayta.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 am

LadySnowhitepink wrote:
(MOR) wrote:Let's vote on it, majority rules!

Yes for unbanning Baton

JA unban Baton
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Yes, unban Baton, so he can decide if he would like come back to the forum.
Revoke moderator or moderators if necessary.
Stop deleting, editing and locking threads!
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Forever Young wrote:Yes, unban Baton, so he can decide if he would like come back to the forum.
Revoke moderator or moderators if necessary.
Stop deleting, editing and locking threads!

Baton will not be unbanned. No one has provided me with any reasons to unban Baton, despite asking several times.

Since this is just a continuation of the previous locked thread, I'll be locking this one as well. If anyone comes up with any actual reasons to unban Baton, feel free to PM me and I'll discuss the matter with you.

Return to “General”