Semi-Dedicated 3v3

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pox
level5
level5

Semi-Dedicated 3v3

Postby Pox » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:24 am

A couple of people have said a 3v3 server would be nice, and I have to agree - when you get 6 good players, it's very good fun. So I decided to set up a dedcon serving out a server for 3v3s.

Dedcon can't force people to form 3v3 alliances, but so far it seems to have caught on - I've seen at least 2 games where people have obeyed the bot and formed them, and none where they just use it for FFA. It seems to work great.

It's just default mode with Defection off and some encouraging messages from the bot. It has dedcon default realtime budgeting and restarts after each match.

I say semi-dedicated because it won't be up all the time - it's running as a daemon on my "work"station, meaning it will be running when my computer's running. However, my dad has a habit of interrogating me about why my machine is on when I'm not using it, or just walking up, opening a VTTY and typing init 0.

So you can expect it to be on basically all weekend, and during the evenings (Australian Time) in the week.

Any suggestions for changes, feedback or hatemail is appreciated :D
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 am

You're my new best mate :D I'm gonna watch out for it like I watch out for Santa Claus :lol: (I'll keep taking the medicine :oops: )
R.Reagan
level1
level1

Postby R.Reagan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Many thanks for this server!
Batou

Return to “General”