Fyi

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Fyi

Postby kudayta » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:21 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:Sicilian Hound is no longer an owner of or an admin on group 6. We have made a complete break from him. I just finished reading what was posted and I am disgusted by his behavior.
Hound is my friend,a lot of you probably know this, but I don't want anything to do with him or what he stands for. Atomic and I trusted him and he took that trust and twisted it. Atomic and myself are committed to keep running dedicated servers. On behalf of myself and Atomic, we apologize for the despicable behavior of hound.

LHH

Frankly, LHH, those words are too little, too late.

You were approached on several occasions and informed of this behavior by multiple people and you chose to ignore those warnings and instead accuse the messengers of stubbornness. Feigning surprise at this public revelation is a disservice to the people you have called friend.

If you are truly interested in reconciling with this community, you should take action. Ban him from your servers.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:07 am

Kudayta,you are just plain wrong!! I have never seen what Colytic posted today, he never came to me and said read this, look at what your friend is doing? Colytic never came to me with this! And that's a fact!
Yes its true you came to me on several occasions and yes you were right about him. Had you come to me with something more then just your opinion, then I could have done something. But you didn't did you? As for you not accepting my apology, I guess I will just have to go forward with out it.

We have banned Sicilian Hound from group 6 servers forever.

LHH
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 am

I have to say for our small player base the issues always seem to be big....also since I'm friends with all sides here I will stay neutral. I will allow this thread to go on, just for further posting please no personal attacks or things of that nature...let's try to keep this as civil as possible. I won't allow anything less...thanks.

-Vic
dusty506
level1
level1

Postby dusty506 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 am

I've missed quite a bit....
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Is the concern here that SH was browsing saved games for personal data and completely abusing privileges on servers on which he had admin?

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by any of this. What did you guys think he was doing?
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Endless wrote:That's all quite disturbing.

It is indeed.

I'd like to emphasize what Colytic said since I'm sure this will cause misconceptions about what is real and what is grandiose delusion.

Colytic wrote:Try and remain sceptical of the claims made in these conversations as they are usually exaggerated and/or 'wishful thinking'.

This stuff is disturbing enough without false statements. This is also making me uncomfortable. I feel really bad and responsible if things that I have created are used wrongfully. Had I known better at the time I agreed to rig up the website... let's say I would've done some things differently, perhaps nothing at all.

http://pastebin.com/eEvDFZTj wrote:19:32 - Sicilian Hound: Here our data consist of
19:33 - Sicilian Hound: AKE, sfcon, LFO, Defcon, Muricon, Aug, VSJ, Quake, and of course g6

Bullshit. There is and has been no data from my EUvsRU server, AKE servers, Aug's servers, Muricon or Bert's servers (I'm assuming 'Defcon/Dedcon*' there means Bert's servers). That I know of. This is just something that caught my eye there, so chances are it's by far not the only thing that needs correction.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:33 pm

VSj wrote:
Endless wrote:That's all quite disturbing.

It is indeed.

I'd like to emphasize what Colytic said since I'm sure this will cause misconceptions about what is real and what is grandiose delusion.

Colytic wrote:Try and remain sceptical of the claims made in these conversations as they are usually exaggerated and/or 'wishful thinking'.

This stuff is disturbing enough without false statements. This is also making me uncomfortable. I feel really bad and responsible if things that I have created are used wrongfully. Had I known better at the time I agreed to rig up the website... let's say I would've done some things differently, perhaps nothing at all.

http://pastebin.com/eEvDFZTj wrote:19:32 - Sicilian Hound: Here our data consist of
19:33 - Sicilian Hound: AKE, sfcon, LFO, Defcon, Muricon, Aug, VSJ, Quake, and of course g6

Bullshit. There is and has been no data from my EUvsRU server, AKE servers, Aug's servers, Muricon or Bert's servers (I'm assuming 'Defcon/Dedcon*' there means Bert's servers). That I know of. This is just something that caught my eye there, so chances are it's by far not the only thing that needs correction.

I agree. There are some outlandish claims made by him. Some that aren't possible. He had no access to 'Muricon. In fact he was banned (he didnt try to get around it either. Same IP he had in G6.) However, even though some if not most claims are egotistical, they still shouldnt be taken lightly.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 am

@RGeezy , He was already banned by someone on here
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Can we unban Sicilian on here? I'm actually curious to see what he can come up with about the matter.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Endless wrote:Can we unban Sicilian on here? I'm actually curious to see what he can come up with about the matter.

Well, he's a delusional narcissist that craves attention. So for his own good, I'd say that's a bad idea.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:17 am

kudayta wrote:
Endless wrote:Can we unban Sicilian on here? I'm actually curious to see what he can come up with about the matter.

Well, he's a delusional narcissist that craves attention. So for his own good, I'd say that's a bad idea.

At this point do you care about his own good?
I'm really just curious about how he is going to spin his way out of it.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:44 am

Endless wrote:At this point do you care about his own good?

No, of course not. Part of my reasoning here also includes a schadenfreude response. Denying him the attention he craves warms the cockles of my heart.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:53 am

He's unbanned now.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:28 am

He changed his name and picture on Steam and removed all of us, so maybe he is cutting himself off now. If the mods have the capability to e-mail him, that could get a response (I think permitting that is a setting on the user control panel).

Return to “General”