1v1 Ladder: It's A 3 Horse Race For Dominos Challenge

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hyperion
level5
level5

1v1 Ladder: It's A 3 Horse Race For Dominos Challenge

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Welcome boys and girls...ladies and gentlemen :D with Creator going away to University this sunday (god bless his soul :roll: ) i offered to take up management of the ladder until...well...until the mrs drags me away or i get hit by a bus :? :D ...i'm online at least once a day so expect daily updates :wink: and the use of smileys is encouraged :wink: :wink: :wink:

As before PM me results even if the match is not played.
Some suggestions for some new ranks anyone?

Current Challenges

20. MikeTheWookiee [12] v 19. All American Mobster [0] ------ 30th November.
18. T-bag [0] v 17. RED [0] ------ 1st December.
7. JESUS[17] v 6. walrus47 [10] ------ 1st December.
5. Mojo [9] v 4. _Ender_ [21] ------ 1st December.
12. Sable Wyvern [4] v 11. Cobra Commander [4] ------ 2nd December.
9. (MOR) [7] v 8. Tripper [7] ------ 4th December.

The Ladder

1. rus|Mike [50]
2. Ace Rimmer [43]
3. Hyperion [47]
4. _Ender_ [21]
5. Mojo [9]
6. walrus47 [10]
7. JESUS[17]
8. Tripper [7]
9. (MOR) [7]
10. crystal_Palace [3]
11. Cobra Commander [4]
12. Sable Wyvern [4]
13. Countersmurf [1]
14. Pox [0]
15. ynbniar/Domino [2]
16. World Idiot [1] < --- T.I [20.11.07]
17. RED [0] (1MM)
18. T-bag [0]
19. All American Mobster [0]
20. MikeTheWookiee [12]
21. estel [0]
22. Ground Zero [0]

mm = missed match
T I = temporarily inactive

Creator [37] <---- Inactive (finished 2nd place 27th Sep)
PSBirch [3] <---- Inactive (finished 15th place 17th aug)
Bunnet [3] <---- Inactive (finished 11th place 16th aug)
Peace and Love [6] <---- Inactive (finished 1st place 29th june)
Xocrates [1] <---- Inactive (finished 10th place 1st july)
Navigator [1] <---- Inactive (finished 25th place 2nd August)
torig [4] <---- Inactive (finished 11th place 24th August)
NukeLord [2] <---- Inactive (finished 6th place 4th september)
hi there (name sux) [5] <---- Inactive (finished 18th place 28th september)
zjoere [6] <---- Inactive (finished 15th place 5th October)
die-abolical [2] <---- Inactive (finished 13th place 9th October)
shinygerbil [3] <---- Inactive (finished 14th place 12th October)
Church [1] <---- Inactive (finished 15th place 12th October)
Braddock [2] <---- Inactive (finished 17th place 12th October)
Mas Tnega [1] <---- Inactive (finished 12th place 15th October)
Owner [0] <---- Inactive (finished 16th place 28th October)
skynet77812 [0] <---- Inactive (finished 19th place 5th November)
Angel of Death [7] <---- Inactive (finished 15th place 6th November)
NoamChomsky [0] <---- Inactive (finished 20th place 25th November)

Joining Up
Simply shout some [preferably comical] variant of 'in'. You will join the bottom of the table. Creative joining posts may well be rewarded with the rank of Jedi (see below). It is not too late to sign up. Don't join unless you are prepared to check this thread every other day, and are available for matches.

How The Ladder System Works
All competitors are ranked on a 'ladder'. Any contestant can challenge a competitor ranked one place above themselves; if the challenger wins the match (or the challenge is refused/the match cannot be played) they swap places on the ladder.

Rules
  • You may not challenge someone if:
    • They are not directly above you in the ladder
    • You have been challenged yourself
    • They have challenged someone else
    • You have played against this person in the last three days and neither player has played another ladder game since.
    • They have advanced past you by default in the last 3 days
  • When you challenge someone:
    • Say so in this thread
    • PM them with the times you are available
  • When challenged, a player:
    • Has 2 days to accept the challenge
    • Has a further 3 days to play the match
  • The challenger wins the match by default if:
    • The challenge is not accepted within 2 days
    • The game has not been played within a further 3 days (i.e. within 5 days of the challenge being issued)
  • Please PM me after a match has been played (or not, due to the 'deadlines' being missed)
  • Technical Difficulties are allowed a maximum of 2 times on seperate occasions as a reason for leaving a match more than the midway point. Choosing whether to use this rule or play a third time despite technical difficulties will be at the discretion of the player who didn't leave the games.
  • Serious abusive behaviour will result in a warning to the offending player, a second complaint of such behaviour shall result in a ladder ban for 6 months as there is no place for said behaviour in the community (screenshots and dedcon recordings are ample evidence of such incidences).

"Holiday" Rules
A player can request to be made “Temporarily Inactive” (TI) up to a period of 15 days (e.g. on holiday) by sending a PM to the ladder administrator (creator). During this period the following will apply:

• The TI player can be challenged by the player 1 place below them in the ladder. The challenger should post their challenge in this thread, and send a PM to the ladder administrator (ynbniar). There will be no waiting period for the challenge and the players will swap positions in the ladder as soon as the administrator can make the change. The new placings are not official until the administrator updates the ladder.
  • A TI player in the top 3 will not receive any bonus points on a Wednesday. For example if the TI player is 2nd in the ladder, 3pts will be awarded to the player in 1st, 1pt to the player in third. The 2pt bonus will not be awarded.
  • After 15 days the player will return to normal status and the usual rules will apply.

1st place recieves 3 points every wednesday
2nd place recieves 2 points every wednesday
3rd place recieves 1 point every wednesday
If you beat someone in a challenge the you recieve one point
If you do not reply to a challenge then you lose one point

Ranks
The rankings are as follows (points subject to change):
    Jedi 1
    Power Ranger 5
    Pirate 10
    Mutant Ninja Turtle 15
    Stompy Robot 25
    God like 35
    Chuck Norris like 50

Omnipotent 75+

Stuff

Please inform me if I have missed anything out, or if you have any objections/suggestions. If you would like, you can sign up to Defcon42 (some kind of ladder I think) here.

Domino's Challenge
The first player to reach the top of the ladder AND pass or equal 75pts is in the final.
The 2 players in 2nd and 3rd in the ladder play off (after any outstanding challenges have been resolved, their points total doesn't matter). The winner enters the final.
The winner of the final wins the game.
If there are any disputes about ladder positions, challenges, points totals or anything else the ladder custodian's decision is final.
Current points totals stand.

The winner recieves an IV game of their choice from ynbniar.
Last edited by Hyperion on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 181 times in total.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:29 pm

It's the 27th today so i'll check up on the previous ladder thread to update everything...die-abolical i've moved you above Zjoere as you need't challenge him :wink: and those challenges due to be ended today...unless i get cofirmation that you have a fixed game time i'll scrap them sometime tomorrow and consider those people free bait :wink:
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:31 pm

I dont think crystal_palace and I are going to get our game played in time so you may as well move him up now :(
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm

I think that I am going to give it another go at the ladder. :) With all the TI's I maybe able to get back to where I was when I left. :wink: Angel is BACK :twisted:

With that being said.........I challenge World Idiot!!!! :twisted:
creator
level3
level3

Postby creator » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 pm

My reign of terror (well late updates and mistkaes) is over with a defeat to none other than the new owner!

I killed all his silos and 5 of them were full...how could I have lost!!!

OH sorry angel but i think world idiot challenged owner int he previous thread before you. Oh and i also retire from the ladder having never fallen otu of the top three :twisted: I'll be back!
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:54 pm

creator wrote:My reign of terror (well late updates and mistkaes) is over with a defeat to none other than the new owner!

I killed all his silos and 5 of them were full...how could I have lost!!!

OH sorry angel but i think world idiot challenged owner int he previous thread before you.

A great game and a fitting farewell :wink: only room for one person on the top of this ladder :D i'll write a debrief after this post...ill look back over the past challenges in a moment and see where who is and ete etc :roll:
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:58 pm

creator wrote:OH sorry angel but i think world idiot challenged owner int he previous thread before you.

Doh!!! :x
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Angel of Death wrote:
creator wrote:OH sorry angel but i think world idiot challenged owner int he previous thread before you.

Doh!!! :x

Yes world idiot did indeed challenge owner...sorry Angel but good to have you back :D i think the ladder is up to date, i'll PM the players about those games that needed to be played by today and if i dont have a PM within 24 hrs then the challengers of those games move forwards 8)
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:16 pm

I challenge Angel of Death

(Default mode no nuking ships) :D
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 pm

(MOR) wrote:I challenge Angel of Death

(Default mode no nuking ships) :D

Ave (MOR) :)

If you want to challenge players on the ladder then you need to first join :P which i'll assume is what you're requesting? :wink: i'll stick you at the bottom of the ladder and put yours and Angels challenge up...as far as ocean nuking goes...there is no rule on the ladder than can be stipulated to stop that and i don't think one could be fairly implemented...so anything goes but i'm sure you'll find some players who'll agree not to use it :D
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:33 pm

Hyperion wrote:

If you want to challenge players on the ladder then you need to first join :P which i'll assume is what you're requesting? :wink: i'll stick you at the bottom of the ladder and put yours and Angels challenge up...as far as ocean nuking goes...there is no rule on the ladder than can be stipulated to stop that and i don't think one could be fairly implemented...so anything goes but i'm sure you'll find some players who'll agree not to use it :D

Ave Hyperion :D

Sorry I dont read well, and thank you for the explanation..
Then I will like to join 1 vs 1 ladder if possible, also if somebody interested to challenge me I would be glad, especially without nuking ships :wink:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 am

Evading the overall needlessness of posting four times:

I challenge Church.
Then shinygerbil.
Then zjoere.

Then die-abolical.
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:38 am

(MOR) wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

Ave Hyperion :D

Sorry I dont read well, and thank you for the explanation..
Then I will like to join 1 vs 1 ladder if possible, also if somebody interested to challenge me I would be glad, especially without nuking ships :wink:

Alright [MOR] lets rock :evil:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:59 am

Angel of Death wrote:Alright [MOR] lets rock :evil:

Thank you to accept, just we must specified the time of the game :D
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:13 am

Mas: I've moved you up, just PM die-abolical...you know the rest :wink:

JESUS v ruslMike has been classified as a void challenge...a case of agree to disagree and in turn i accept your challenge via PM ruslMike :wink: (make sure to post your challenges on here :P so the other players know who's free).

I'm clearing all 'mm's of players so i can start a new score and keep count...if a player misses 3 consecutive matches then i'll PM them and wait 24hrs for a reply then take them off the ladder if i get no response.

Thank you to all the players getting back to me so fast about the games due yesterday...it was agreed crystal_Palace would pass walrus47 by default, crystal_Palace also said he'd go challenge _Ender_ but i haven't seen a post on the thread yet...i do remind players to challenge people on this thread first...so everyone knows :wink:

I am also going to mark today as the beginning of the 2 weeks limit to which a player may stay in TI mode...so 2 weeks from now if players are still TI they will be PM'd and will have 24 hrs to state whether they want to stay on the ladder or not (the original time period is 15 days but as there is no dates kept i'll start this from now, expect PM's on the 12th October :P thought it probably won't matter as most of those players will be at the bottom of the ladder by then.)

Return to “General”