1v1 Ladder: It's A 3 Horse Race For Dominos Challenge

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:57 pm

As much as I'd like to say he lied, I lost :(

Someone's in for unlucky 13 next then...
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 pm

MikeTheWookiee wrote:As much as I'd like to say he lied, I lost :(

Someone's in for unlucky 13 next then...

Dang Mike :shock: I sure hope this is not contagious :!: :P
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:22 pm

For the sake of the ladder and it's population i'm afraid i'm going to have to quarentine MikeTheWookiee :shock: ...

....effective immediately.

(you'll get one eventually >.- )
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:49 pm

[({Re-energisation almost complete})]
Last edited by Cobra Commander on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:58 pm

Cobra Commander wrote:Still havent heard back from OWNER sent him PM on Wednesday as well. :?

Ill move you up, contact Owner and give them 24 hrs to reply or remove them from the ladder.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Tripper wrote:PS - Hyperion, do you think linking to the Dedcon record is sufficient? I can provide screenies if you like but it's more effort :wink:

Whilst i'd prefer it if at least one participant of a game would leave a Game Over screenie (as evidence and just to give people something to look at :roll: ), i can quite easily just check the dedcon lists.

HOWEVER...if 2 players play a game and not on a dedcon and neither posts a screenshot or takes one, the losing participant could say that they never played/lost etc and the game would have to be void :roll: :wink: so remember you ladder folks to place some kind of evidence :D

Hmm, I would think that dedcon scores are a bit more reliable than screenies, and as Tripper said a lot less work. Why anyone wouldn't play on a dedcon (when they're working perfectly) is beyond me.

There are no negatives. If you win, you
  • get to see all your glorious winning strategies any time you want
  • can improve upon successful tactics
  • recognize some that may have gone unnoticed before
  • have a record and rank showing your prowess
  • go back and re-watch how you defeated some player specifically (as everybody has a different style) for any future matches against said person.
If you lose, you can
  • review your game and find your mistakes to hopefully not repeat them
  • see your weaknesses from the outside looking in (not just in game assumptions)
  • get advice from other players as to what you may be doing wrong (if you consistently lose *nudges Mike the Wookie*)
  • see positive progress as you play more, examine your enemies strengths and weaknesses and *exploit them accordingly

*Such as Hyperion's affection for naval nuking and guerrilla tactics. Engage his fleet a quickly as possible before Defcon 1 and retreat (if needed) before Defcon 1 (to give you time to defend against those nukes that are sure to come). After Defcon 1, go after his bombers as much as possible (without sacrificing too many resources) reducing his ability to use his strikingly accurate naval nukes.
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:40 am

Sable....ready when you are.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 am

If Walrus "afk" I challenge MikeTheWookiee 8)
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:03 am

Lost to Sable Again......Damn it Mike.....You are rubbing off on me. Please stop the infection now!!!!
Sable Wyvern
level1
level1

Postby Sable Wyvern » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:08 am

Here's the game recording for Sable vs Angel of Death: http://dedcon.homelinux.net/serverlogs/ ... C_2007.zip

My end-game screenshot seems to have disappeared, but I concur with Angel's admission of defeat. We both agreed that it was pretty much over when my entire sub fleet went active right under the bulk of his navy in the Indian. That my naval nuke evasion skills seem to be improving helped as well.
Sable Wyvern
level1
level1

Postby Sable Wyvern » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 am

I CHALLENGE OWNER
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:20 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:ability to use his strikingly accurate naval nukes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you find Hyperion's naval nukes accurate?!

EDIT:
Ah, may be it's ME who is sooo good with evading, not Hyp who is bad with nuking? :roll: :roll:
NoamChomsky
level0

Postby NoamChomsky » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:55 pm

angel of death, im comming for you ;)
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:58 pm

NoamChomsky wrote:angel of death, im comming for you ;)

Is that a challenge?
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Such as Hyperion's affection for naval nuking and guerrilla tactics. Engage his fleet a quickly as possible before Defcon 1 and retreat (if needed) before Defcon 1 (to give you time to defend against those nukes that are sure to come). After Defcon 1, go after his bombers as much as possible (without sacrificing too many resources) reducing his ability to use his strikingly accurate naval nukes.

Hyperion wrote:Ace Rimmers regular tactics involve playing largely defence, keeping his fleet close to his coastline in long range games unless his scouts have met no resistance, in which case he will push everything forward. He likes to always use his subs in active mode in enemy sub hotspots/travel lines, instead of the use of carriers.

He is very fond in close positional games of placing a few battleships scouts early on as far out as possible in the hopes of finding the bulk of his opponents fleet, to which he will place a few more battleships to ensure radar contact is kept and allow his bombers to do the work from distance come defcon 3. The most effective methods against Ace are to send a significant strike force from another attack vector as he almost never defends from all directions, he doesn't like or see the point in sending subs and fleets 'the long way around' if he thinks the game will be over because of close territories. He works mostly from radar contacts, so even if you've left a large area of ocean undefended make sure you have something there as a radar contact to make him think twice

Two can play at that game :P

Return to “General”