Kicked from Group6 servers?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DataHavok
level0

Kicked from Group6 servers?

Postby DataHavok » Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 am

Very surprised today to find I couldn't get onto any Group 6 servers today... No matter which one I join, I just get 'Kicked by server...'.

My username is DataHavok. I've been playing Defcon for years. I used to be on Group 6 servers often. I'm not rude or abusive, I don't cheat, I've never been banned anywhere, and I've never been warned I'd be banned for anything. I don't understand why I'm banned.

About two months ago I bought a third copy of Defcon, this time on Steam, (so that I could play easily at gaming lounges, etc... I already have mac and windows keys on other machines) so I thought may have some steam authentication issues. I'm not seeing any indication of a defcon key/authentication issues connecting to any other servers, but just to be sure, I installed a separate copy of Defcon (without uninstalling Steam) and applied my original key to it, and ran that separate copy, but I still can't connect to any Group 6 server.

Is it possible that someone got themselves banned against a specific IP address in the past, and that since I'm on a dynamic IP, my ISP (AT&T U-verse) assigned that address now and that's why I'm getting kicked?

If someone can help me know what's going on, I'll be checking the forums here, and I'm ok to share by email some other details like other usernames I sometimes used in the past (also not abusive/cheating/etc), or my external IP address, to help identify the issue. My email address is datahavok@hotmail.com

Thanks,

--DH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: Kicked from Group6 servers?

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri May 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Because Obama Mit Biden you used space bombers.

I will keep the recoding secret, if you push the matter I will reveal the Rec. to the community.

No further responce from me. Take this matter privately if you wish to keep discusing this issue.

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52874
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon May 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Wasn't Obama mitt Biden a CE alias?
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Tue May 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Endless wrote:Wasn't Obama mitt Biden a CE alias?

NO. He is not CE!
I wrote this ban for the space bombers and whilst its serious. He will do his time and get square with the house and all will be forgiven. I will not forget the many good games I had with OmB.

LHH
DataHavok
level0

Postby DataHavok » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 am

Sicilian Hound, did you get the email I sent you via the site here on May 16? I haven't heard back so I wasn't sure.

I also tried PM'ing you and Lord Haw Haw here, but apparently my permissions are insufficient so I can't PM anyone, and now I see that you've been injured and aren't checking mail, so not sure what else to do.

Lord Haw Haw, I posted my email here earlier... Out of respect for Sicilian Hound wanting to keep it private, can you email me or something, so I can forward that email back to you?

Thanks,

--DH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:51 am

Introversion anything gos to my spam box on my email anyways. I will PM you my email address and we may speak that way. Otherwise contact me via steam, username is Sicilian Hound. Will await your message thanks.

Return to “General”