Further humiliation . zero kills in 1 on 1 ?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Is it humiliating having zero kills in a 1 on 1

Yes
35%
Wouldn't know
45%
No
15%
I'd rather not talk about it (it still hurts)
5%

Total votes: 20
JESUS
level2
level2

Further humiliation . zero kills in 1 on 1 ?

Postby JESUS » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:48 pm

YAY my first poll !!

To continue with the humiliation theme , is it embarrassing to acheive zero kills in 1 on 1 duel ? :oops:

I've inflicted this on a few people , but Its not happened to me yet . . .

What do you think ?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I... uh... wouldn't know...

<.<

>.>

/me quietly curls up in the corner and cries.

xander
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:16 pm

I watched JESUS get this in a ladder match not too long ago
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 pm

And I'm playing him soon in a ladder match :shock:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Not at all. Hell, it's more fun though if your opponent only has 0.9 million kills and wins the match with the only point to be scored. At all. Ever :)

I believe that would be called a Buddhist Defcon game ;)

NeoThermic
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 pm

I seriously have no idea how anyone manages to score so low :shock: :shock: :shock: statistically anyone should be able to get some points...ANY POINTS!...just for the sake of their pride :shock: :shock: :shock: i remember Mas Tnega suffered this in your ladder match, then he left the ladder...shame on you holy man! :wink:
JESUS
level2
level2

Postby JESUS » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 pm

Hyperion wrote: i remember Mas Tnega suffered this in your ladder match, then he left the ladder...shame on you holy man! :wink:

heh . . . yeah well what can I say . . . no stamina some people . .
Amerigo Vespucci
level1
level1

Postby Amerigo Vespucci » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:52 pm

No, it's not. It's merely a sign that there's a large experience or talent gap between the two players. I'm more than happy to educate anyone who fails to get a kill against me. Humilitation doesn't factor into it.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:54 pm

Amerigo Vespucci wrote:No, it's not. It's merely a sign that there's a large experience or talent gap between the two players. I'm more than happy to educate anyone who fails to get a kill against me. Humilitation doesn't factor into it.

Even so an opponent should be able to open his silos and hit something...anything :roll: overwhelming numbers of nukes always break through.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:08 am

Hyperion wrote:
Amerigo Vespucci wrote:No, it's not. It's merely a sign that there's a large experience or talent gap between the two players. I'm more than happy to educate anyone who fails to get a kill against me. Humilitation doesn't factor into it.

Even so an opponent should be able to open his silos and hit something...anything :roll: overwhelming numbers of nukes always break through.

Incorrect. A badly synced full-silo attack will not land any nukes. That is what happened in one of my games.

NeoThermic
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 am

I didn't badly synched :wink: fair enough, i concede it must be possible but it must be very defeating indeed.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:15 am

Hyperion wrote:I didn't badly synched :wink: fair enough, i concede it must be possible but it must be very defeating indeed.

It's a bit de-heartening, but you can have a laugh at it after the fact. When it happened to me I even had fun doing the debrief.

NeoThermic
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:19 am

:shock: That is actually a very amusing score, lol... :? my poor brain is most confused as how 2 players could equally score almost nothing...lol...oh well :?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:53 am

JESUS wrote:
Hyperion wrote: i remember Mas Tnega suffered this in your ladder match, then he left the ladder...shame on you holy man! :wink:

heh . . . yeah well what can I say . . . no stamina some people . .
I resent that.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:57 am

I can't recall if this has ever happened to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. That's because my normal strategy is to target installations with bombers/subs first, and launch silos late against cities. Particularly if I'm losing the naval battle, I'll hang back and hope my opponent does something stupid and loses his advantage. Of course, if he doesn't do anything stupid, he could quite well scout and take out my silos before I've even considered targeting cities.

So I consider baiting the opponent, trying for a win but risking no kills is less embarrassing than going off half-cocked and guaranteeing a loss.

(E.g. played Asia v NA recently. Lost control of the pacific but as it turned out sunk all of NA's subs while I still had 8 left. NA besieged Asia but only managed to scout/destroy one silo before running out of bombers/nukes. At that stage I hadn't launched on his population at all. When he eventually lost patience and opened silos, I used subs and some one way bombers against the silos. I was then able to come back and win with my own silo and final sub launch. But if he'd found my subs while I was waiting for him to lose patience, and if he'd scouted Asia better, I risked making no kills at all. But instead I won. So there :) )

Return to “General”