1vs1 ladder, Prizes anyone?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:55 pm

Yes, as may have been gathered from my recent (in)activity, I'm just too busy for Defcon at the moment. I'd like to be made TI for a while. My humblest apologies to those I've kept waiting. :(
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Mojo
level2
level2

Postby Mojo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:07 am

I prefer to win on game :) Ok, that's it.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:31 am

Yes, as may have been gathered from my recent (in)activity, I'm just too busy for Defcon at the moment. I'd like to be made TI for a while. My humblest apologies to those I've kept waiting. Sad

So I'm playing Ender once again :? ....
Last edited by rus|Mike on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALLIN Angel
level0

Postby FALLIN Angel » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:54 am

Mojo wrote:I prefer to win on game :) Ok, that's it.

ok Mojo...I'm new at the game so this may be your chance to win a game. I challenge you!!!
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:46 am

JESUS wrote:ok thanks . . . . how long is the tourney running for ?

The tourney just started (no games played as yet in round 1) check the ASW tournament thread on the general forum or PM xander...he might still put you in it if you're interested since there are empty spots and no games have been played yet. The tourney will probably last anywhere from 2-6 weeks, depending on how organised the players are.

crystal_palace wrote:we had a close one the other day, and was hoping it was his toughest, that's all.
I heard from hob. but was around all day yesterday ( he said he would be) and did not hear a peep!

Hmm...judging from Ace's response you may have played someone using his name O_o people tend to do that for many reasons :roll: but most forum players will admit to playing games with other players (either that or his bad memory).

Either way i've had 2 very close games with Ace (within 1 points final score)...that's as far as 'closest', but everybody is beatable and we all lose matches now and again :)

Ace Rimmer wrote:Besides, being that you're the only one that effectively stopped my run, I'd like a chance to properly lose. Hyperion just took too long to get here.

Oooooooo....*bitch slaps Ace* :x lol, i had to go through EVERYBODY from the bottom of the ladder...you didn't :wink: so i think i got there pretty quickly.
crystal_Palace
level2
level2

another dam MM!!!!!!!!

Postby crystal_Palace » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

well It was not as close as that, and I know it was him, well at least he made me believe it by the talking, and I asked him to post the SS he took. No matter, I cannot begin to believe I can beat the top seeds on the ladder yet.
although I almost got MVPE last night, getting closer to improving, used rus's naval setup and with some modification's I may be very formidable.
Anyway, NO WORD BACK FROM HOBOPHOBE. ( was home all day Sunday, like he said would be a good day to do it)SO move me up one and I gotta challenge the next in line. diomedes (TRIPPER is listed as TI, so Dio, would be next???
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Re: another dam MM!!!!!!!!

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:20 pm

crystal_Palace wrote:well It was not as close as that, and I know it was him, well at least he made me believe it by the talking, and I asked him to post the SS he took. No matter, I cannot begin to believe I can beat the top seeds on the ladder yet.

Were you using a different game name? Do you remember the date? Was it on a dedcon? I'll go back and look when I get a chance.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
_Ender_
level2
level2

Postby _Ender_ » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:08 pm

So I'm playing Ender once again ....

Nah, I've actually got some things to do the next few days. I'll leave you alone for a little while at least :wink:
Mojo
level2
level2

Postby Mojo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:48 pm

FALLIN Angel wrote:
Mojo wrote:I prefer to win on game :) Ok, that's it.

ok Mojo...I'm new at the game so this may be your chance to win a game. I challenge you!!!

I accept if rules allow us to play. I think you must challenge first Megadeathkill. Creator? Bring some light. If we cannot play i challenge Braddock.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Nah, I've actually got some things to do the next few days. I'll leave you alone for a little while at least

Don't worry: exclusively for you I'm always availiable for friendly matches :D And may be you'll be back in time :wink:
Last edited by rus|Mike on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crystal_Palace
level2
level2

Postby crystal_Palace » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
crystal_Palace wrote:well It was not as close as that, and I know it was him, well at least he made me believe it by the talking, and I asked him to post the SS he took. No matter, I cannot begin to believe I can beat the top seeds on the ladder yet.

Were you using a different game name? Do you remember the date? Was it on a dedcon? I'll go back and look when I get a chance.

I play as JOSHUA
sry, I forgot that its not crystal
it was 80something to 60something I think.
Not trying to make a big deal I just was curious. everyone at the top destryoys me, but I seem yo have a handle on runaway losses now I think, as proven by yesterday's small loss to MVPE
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:27 pm

crystal_Palace wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:

I play as JOSHUA
sry, I forgot that its not crystal
it was 80something to 60something I think.
Not trying to make a big deal I just was curious. everyone at the top destryoys me, but I seem yo have a handle on runaway losses now I think, as proven by yesterday's small loss to MVPE

Ah, well I remember that game. I'll go back and look for it. I remember it only because you asked me to post it. I didn't because I played a number of games that day/night and nothing really stood about that one in particular.

I've seen the name Joshua since I've been playing (Defcon was inspired by WarGames) and figured there are different people playing under that name. The only other non-New Player name that I've seen more is Skynet and maybe Dr. Strangelove.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:45 pm

Yeah the name Dr.Strangelove has been around alot recently and MVPE is not hard to beat (sorry to take anything away from you there :? )
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:/me still hopes Buddha/Supreme Buddha will get changed...

:x

Bring back the Buddha rank at 100 points? 8)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Smiling Buddha wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:/me still hopes Buddha/Supreme Buddha will get changed...

:x

Bring back the Buddha rank at 100 points? 8)

Maybe the 1/5 point rank? :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “General”