As before PM me results even if the match is not played.
Some suggestions for some new ranks anyone?
JESUS  v rus|Mike  ------- 27th september
crystal_Palace  v walrus47  ------- 27th september
ynbniar/Domino  v Mojo  ------- 30th september
Ace Rimmer  <----T I
MikeTheWookiee  <----T I
zjoere  <----T I
shinygerbil  (1mm) <----T I
Church  <----T I
Mas Tnega 
Tripper  (1mm) <---- T I
Braddock  (1mm) <----T I
hi there (name sux) 
World Idiot 
mm = missed match
T I = temporarily inactive
PSBirch  <---- Inactive (finished 15th place 17th aug)
Bunnet  <---- Inactive (finished 11th place 16th aug)
Peace and Love  <---- Inactive (finished 1st place 29th june)
Xocrates  <---- Inactive (finished 10th place 1st july)
Navigator  <---- Inactive (finished 25th place 2nd August)
torig  <---- Inactive (finished 11th place 24th August)
Angel of Death  <---- Inactive (finished 6th place 4th september)
NukeLord  <---- Inactive (finished 6th place 4th september)
Simply shout some [preferably comical] variant of 'in'. You will join the bottom of the table. Creative joining posts may well be rewarded with the rank of Jedi (see below). It is not too late to sign up. Don't join unless you are prepared to check this thread every other day, and are available for matches.
How The Ladder System Works
All competitors are ranked on a 'ladder'. Any contestant can challenge a competitor ranked one place above themselves; if the challenger wins the match (or the challenge is refused/the match cannot be played) they swap places on the ladder.
- You may not challenge someone if:
- They are not directly above you in the ladder
- You have been challenged yourself
- They have challenged someone else
- You have played against this person in the last three days and neither player has played another ladder game since.
- They have advanced past you by default in the last 3 days
- When you challenge someone:
- Say so in this thread
- PM them with the times you are available
- When challenged, a player:
- Has 2 days to accept the challenge
- Has a further 3 days to play the match
- The challenger wins the match by default if:
- The challenge is not accepted within 2 days
- The game has not been played within a further 3 days (i.e. within 5 days of the challenge being issued)
- Please PM me after a match has been played (or not, due to the 'deadlines' being missed)
A player can request to be made “Temporarily Inactive” (TI) up to a period of 15 days (e.g. on holiday) by sending a PM to the ladder administrator (creator). During this period the following will apply:
- The TI player can be challenged by the player 1 place below them in the ladder. The challenger should post their challenge in this thread, and send a PM to the ladder administrator (ynbniar). There will be no waiting period for the challenge and the players will swap positions in the ladder as soon as the administrator can make the change. The new placings are not official until the administrator updates the ladder.
- A TI player in the top 3 will not receive any bonus points on a Wednesday. For example if the TI player is 2nd in the ladder, 3pts will be awarded to the player in 1st, 1pt to the player in third. The 2pt bonus will not be awarded.
- After 15 days the player will return to normal status and the usual rules will apply.
1st place recieves 3 points every wednesday
2nd place recieves 2 points every wednesday
3rd place recieves 1 point every wednesday
If you beat someone in a challenge the you recieve one point
If you do not reply to a challenge then you lose one point
The rankings are as follows (points subject to change):
- Jedi 1
Power Ranger 5
Mutant Ninja Turtle 15
Stompy Robot 25
God like 35
Chuck Norris like 50
Please inform me if I have missed anything out, or if you have any objections/suggestions. If you would like, you can sign up to Defcon42 (some kind of ladder I think) here.
The first player to reach the top of the ladder AND pass or equal 75pts is in the final.
The 2 players in 2nd and 3rd in the ladder play off (after any outstanding challenges have been resolved, their points total doesn't matter). The winner enters the final.
The winner of the final wins the game.
If there are any disputes about ladder positions, challenges, points totals or anything else the ladder custodian's decision is final.
Current points totals stand.
The winner recieves an IV game of their choice from ynbniar.