Group 6 Unban Request

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: Group 6 Unban Request

Postby Endless » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 am

Can someone tell me why max and abus posts are being deleted?
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 am

No idea, wasn't me.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 am

I did, here's why. I had to do that after abundance of these posts both from Elite and G6 hosts. I'm glad Max and Abu are here with their servers, the problem is with promoting - the only acceptable context for a post with no other message but telling how great your servers are is posting those in respective thread, namely G6 or recordings. I have removed comments of Sicilian for the same reason. if you wish for Elite server thread - create one, I'll stick it.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Ok is that the moderation that we need though? I agree that I hate the propaganda and promotional BS, but it's not like they were spamming the thread? They were just pointing out that this type of situation wouldn't happen on their servers and what better way to show everyone, than to put the offending faction on blast? Just a thought for consideration.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:29 pm

That's not how I see it, but as you wish, I won't remove posts as loosely unless there is a different opinion.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm

And I will, on my part, cut back on promo.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Laika_rus wrote:That's not how I see it, but as you wish, I won't remove posts as loosely unless there is a different opinion.

I would say there was some context as there was a reaction. But thanks in gerneral for moderating that part, all those unsubstantial posts are quite annoying.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:35 pm

trickser wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:That's not how I see it, but as you wish, I won't remove posts as loosely unless there is a different opinion.

I would say there was some context as there was a reaction. But thanks in gerneral for moderating that part, all those unsubstantial posts are quite annoying.

I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't think that this particular situation required it. Now if it was the 2v2 tourney thread and it happened, or threads that have nothing to do with their servers, I'm all for it.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Well I thought I would ask nicely three times to unban my IP but you guys are still power-tripping. As "adults" maybe you'd want to bury the hatchet and move on from all your grudges and hate. I was wrong.

At first I thought it was kind of funny that you are the way you are. Then it became more sad when I realized that you like being angry.

I'm overwhelmed at the positive responses and offer of other servers and I and many others are taking you guys up on it (Abu and Max). I also appreciate Laika's efforts to keep the "advertising" down to acceptable levels. Thanks you guys :D

So "Cool Cool" guy, I'm still going to play on your servers anyways. :P See you around.

Return to “General”