Postby Ärstotzka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:20 am

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Score Board:
Team A - 25 (5 wins)
Team B - 10 (2 wins)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2015 [2v2 ladder] Season...
How teams will work

There will be two teams with 6 players at this point. Each team will have a captain. Players will scheduled their own games with each other and not by a calendar. The Season will last 9 weeks.

I have compiled my list of fair teams, which we can change as we see fit.
Who plays for each team will be determined by the team and if there is a conflict between team members, the team captain gets the deciding vote. For example, if you have three players from team A that want to play and nobody wants to step aside, the captain can make the decision (assuming they're around). Otherwise, be mature. Team captains are determined by team members.

[For now]Games can be played where ever, just have a screenshot to provide here in this thread to collect your points.

Rules
- Keep it respectful
- Use common sense
- Dont Ghost
- Dont Abuse glitches
- Mods are permitted
- Drops
- Before Def 3 restart
- After take vote
- If late into game please wait for reconnect
- Use main alias and have prefix in your name while playing tour game.

I also think it would be a good idea to, when playing a game in associated with this tour they should have their team name as a prefix of some sort so everyone knows. :)
For example: /name .:|banana|:. Arstotzka
Scoring:
Win - 5 points
Tie - 2 points
Loss - 0 points
Bad loss (enemy players are both in negative) - -2

$25 goes to charity of winning teams choice?

Teams(Team can decide on a better name if they like):

Team A:
Baton
Stealth Mode
Vic
Ars
Alabama
UA
MegaDeath
u happy now?
Laika
Deadcows

Team B:
Senator
Coke
Eral
Mvpe
LHH
Max
Endless
FreeZer
Nothing Really
Rad Posion
infinity
RadiKal PizzA
CZA
Mojo
Legendary

For new players to join the game please post your desire to join a team, then wait for another to do so, team Captains will take turns making their pick of the two of you. :)
Last edited by Ärstotzka on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: ***[2v2 ladder] 2015 Season***...?

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:33 am

Good luck getting it started and good luck getting it to keep going. I am done hosting tournaments because they never succeed anymore because there are not enough players in the community and not enough dedicated players to stick it through.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 am

If its not about the individual players and its really about the team, then you can count me in.

LHH
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:Good luck getting it started and good luck getting it to keep going. I am done hosting tournaments because they never succeed anymore because there are not enough players in the community and not enough dedicated players to stick it through.

Hate to sound like i told you so but...i told you so!

I ask of you Dynamic to study why the G6 2014 tourney, Cokes 2013 Winter tourney and probably other tourneys before that failed. Because of reality getting in the way or people not finding the time (note all of us live in different timezones afterall) and what hound said about not enough of us being dedicated enough to see it through.
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Postby Ärstotzka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:32 am

General Ivan wrote:I ask of you Dynamic to study why the G6 2014 tourney, Cokes 2013 Winter tourney and probably other tourneys before that failed. Because of reality getting in the way or people not finding the time (note all of us live in different timezones afterall) and what hound said about not enough of us being dedicated enough to see it through.

Im glad you brought that up. :)
Most of the people signed up for those tournaments continued to play regardless of the tourney. I'm not sure exactly why they couldn't spend 1 game for the even the first stage of the tournament but Im not qualified to go into their heads about the reasoning behind that. However i think this has the potential to be [more] successful than the rest because i believe that they perhaps those tours were too high stakes. With this I hope to have more causal seeing as it isn't a tour more of a competitive season with accouple of large teams.

If a there are 2 teams of 8 players for instance [i think] there is much more chance that 2 players from each team are wiling to play a more competitive game but isn't as stressful as a 1v1 tour would be. That is why i structured in the way i did.

As always feedback from everyone is what will make it successful.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 am

yeah I'm in, sign me up for this fucking shit show wooohooo. Lets see what panzy excuses everyone comes up with :)
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 am

Problem i see with this tourney though is the fact that you are waiting for 3 other players (your ally and opponents obviously) as well as finding the time to slot in a game yourself in order to get it rolling and keep it rolling in the progressive stages. And again, time-zones would perhaps also play a bit of a headache factor here as it has done with the previous tourneys.

When you mention how people were still playing regardless of the tourney had me thinking, what the hell was everybodies excuses? Well maybe the answer could be the build up the tourney generated of how it was going to be great, only to turn out to be quite disappointing and a big let down in the end...a bit like England in every FIFA World Cup really. :mrgreen:
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 am

Ladder seasons have worked really well in the past, I think if everyone really cooperates this could work also.. Easier said then done I know.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:38 am

I have already asked a player to be on my team and I will see if I can secure the support of 3 more active players to join. If possible I would like there to be both 2v2 and 3v3 games in the season.

LHH
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:35 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:11 am

No thanks.

That is mainly because the last two events WinterTour 2013 (Coke), Group6 2014 and probably that in-the-near-future-failing DefconTournament2015 (SquareRoot) failed.
Though the ladder-system and a pool of players for teams may help, i have my concerns:
-It'd be fine if there were like ten teams, where one is able to move on the ladder, not only 'first or last' which is what you get when the ladder has only two teams, and that is more likely what you are going to have. I am sure that after the first two games when the score is 10:0, there won't be any further matches.
-having a bigger pool of players per team, my strategy would be: lets wait for our two best players until we play a match, not risking a defeat, making it super slow again.

Great idea anyways. If you need any support, like someone acting as a referee for the matches, keeping the ladder up to date, etc. I'd help.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 am

If you want players to follow through the tourney, find a way to get them commited, we've seen several times relying on discipline of average guy doesn't work. I wish I knew how though.
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 am

count me in.As the last actual tournament winner im a good luck charm for any team and a solid but not great player,
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Postby Ärstotzka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Rad Poison wrote:-having a bigger pool of players per team, my strategy would be: lets wait for our two best players until we play a match, not risking a defeat, making it super slow again.

Perhaps a point system for the skill level of players? just spit balling here :)
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Dynamic wrote:
Rad Poison wrote:-having a bigger pool of players per team, my strategy would be: lets wait for our two best players until we play a match, not risking a defeat, making it super slow again.

Perhaps a point system for the skill level of players? just spit balling here :)

Wich rank we take as base? Endless' or Vicious' list? My favorite is having both on the screen, staring at it until it gets blurry and they merge into a single one :twisted:

Return to “General”