Change Font Size

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

durangokid
level0

Change Font Size

Postby durangokid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 pm

I am having a lot of difficulty reading the print in the game. Is it possible to change the font size to make it easier to read? I have my screen on 1920 x 1080 but if I drop the resolution it makes the display unbalanced and the writing is just fuzzy anyway!

Any help would be most welcome. Thanks :D
trickser
level5
level5

Re: Change Font Size

Postby trickser » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I doubt that is possible, you can mod the appearance of the font but not its size.
durangokid
level0

Postby durangokid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks Trickster, that's about what I expected. I will keep fiddling with the resolution and see if I can work something out. You'd think with a 28inch monitor that reading wouldn't be a problem!
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but if you were to went on to options > other, there should be a "Pop-up Scale" which you can use to increase or decrease the fonts. Again i'm not so sure, you could just do a derpy test game with the bots just to find out what it really does.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 pm

General Ivan wrote: options > other, there should be a "Pop-up Scale" which you can use to increase or decrease the fonts.

That can be useful. I have had the popup scale at around 8 - slightly less - which I think enabled me to be a bit faster with the mouse. But I think it doesn't affect the chat box size, which has been a problem for me. Sometimes it's just horrible trying to read that tiny blurry font and many different characters look identical. The blue and the red alliance (=darker) text are the worst. (I play 1600*900 windowed)

Return to “General”