1v1 Tournament Postings/Screenshots/Predictions

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: 1v1 Tournament Postings/Screenshots/Predictions

Postby Endless » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Legendary1 wrote:The tournament is taking too long. We are not even done with the first round. My suggestion: players who have pending matches should post in this thread when they are available to play. This will show who is really serious about playing and who is stalling. Otherwise, how do we really know that players are organizing games via private message or if they are actually stalling?

The real problem is that there are too many non-regular players in the draw.

As I said before, (hind sight is 20/20) This holiday season will have an impact on the duration of this tournament. Just be patient.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Legendary1 wrote:The tournament is taking too long. We are not even done with the first round. My suggestion: players who have pending matches should post in this thread when they are available to play.

I will be migrating the server to another host at some point in the near future since I no longer have other use for the vps currently running it. Depending on the amount of <snip>s given at the time, this may or may not cause some downtime :) But I'd be happy to see when people are planning to play so that I don't take it down just at the wrong time.
Legendary1
level1
level1

Postby Legendary1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Endless, how do we know that the holiday season is preventing players from playing their matches that were assigned 3 weeks ago? I personally have extra time to play in the holiday season, so that doesn't apply to me. I am simply suggesting that players post when they can play to prove that they are making an effort to play, and not being chicken. Otherwise, we can try this: scrap the entire single elimination draw and turn it into an open tournament. Let everyone play whoever they want and set the deadline for matches very short (like 1 week). Reward players for playing more, and get the tournament over with. It doesn't matter how you decide the victor: most wins counts, or best win to lose ratio counts, or etc. This will at least let us "truly regular" Defcon players to play more "official" 1v1s together.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

So because you are impatient, and dont realize that other people have families and jobs (for me 2 jobs) that we should change everything? I somehow don't like that reform, nor will it happen. This tournament will take a while. Just be patient.
Legendary1
level1
level1

Postby Legendary1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:57 pm

It was an idea for if the tourney fails. I'm not saying we should do it immediately. My main point was a request that players with pending matches prove that they are making an effort to play them by publicly posting times they are available to play. If the tourney fails to move along, my additional idea is just a last ditch effort to keep the tourney from completely failing. It is the worst possible scenario.

Can someone else chime in here? Who sounds more ridiculous?

Legendary: Hey guys, if you have pending matches, can you please post publicly when you are available to play so that we can confirm you are actually making an effort to move the tourney along?
Endless: I know what everyone's schedule is. EVERYONE'S. All around the world in all time zones. Everyone is definitely too busy to even post that they are too busy, and you are impatient.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Sorry Endelss I mist you yesterday, my friend came over unexpectedly and wasn't able to play. You free tonight? I'll be on around 7-10 Pm US Central time.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Legendary1 wrote:It was an idea for if the tourney fails. I'm not saying we should do it immediately. My main point was a request that players with pending matches prove that they are making an effort to play them by publicly posting times they are available to play. If the tourney fails to move along, my additional idea is just a last ditch effort to keep the tourney from completely failing. It is the worst possible scenario.

Can someone else chime in here? Who sounds more ridiculous?

Legendary: Hey guys, if you have pending matches, can you please post publicly when you are available to play so that we can confirm you are actually making an effort to move the tourney along?
Endless: I know what everyone's schedule is. EVERYONE'S. All around the world in all time zones. Everyone is definitely too busy to even post that they are too busy, and you are impatient.

Now you sound like a child. Why do they have to show you that they are making an effort? It's not like the tournament will move along any faster or slower if they do/dont show you. And for you to imply that I know everyones schedule is ridiculous. I'm telling you to be patient because you are coming off like a pissed off teenager. If you just relax and communicate with only the person that YOU are playing, then there wont be any issues. You are making this a lot more complicated than it has to be.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:25 pm

SLO101 and Nothing Really, you both have time until sunday to play your match. After that either both of u will be disqualified or im gonna quit. Also I dont care if u dont see this message :mrgreen: .

You have been warned.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Let's go ahead and advance Legendary. We've seen blatant disregard from SLO in the past. So I'm ok with that.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Let's go ahead and advance Legendary.

+1, NR and SLO had enough time for a single game, also Legendary would destroy both of them.

Also I can't load spreadsheet.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Laika_rus wrote:
Let's go ahead and advance Legendary.

+1, NR and SLO had enough time for a single game, also Legendary would destroy both of them.

Also I can't load spreadsheet.

OOPS. Meant NR. I'll do that now. Also, I'll be on tomorrow night SH. So lets get this done so Laika doesnt get bored.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 pm

There we go.
Merkage
level1
level1

Postby Merkage » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:52 am

Anyone seen Blitzkrieg?

Blitz - PM me when you're around. Around evenings GMT - a PM goes straight to my phone, so can rock up to the PC whenever.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 pm

My tournament prediction...
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Nothing really will you be around at the weekend?

Return to “General”