I can't figure out./?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

The Empire
level1
level1

I can't figure out./?

Postby The Empire » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 am

I would like to watch forum players play a game.
I am in NO WAY good enough to play, I can't even beat the AI, so I wouldn't want to subject anyone to my aweful playing.
But I would love to watch the pro's play a game.

*How do I "spectate" a game?

Thanks Pete.
The ILLUMINATI are controlling you.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 am

After you join a game in the lobby, click on the little side-ways arrow beside your name and select spectate.
The Empire
level1
level1

Postby The Empire » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:44 am

Rock on!
Tanks, Pete...
The Empire
level1
level1

DEFCON is the best game EVER!

Postby The Empire » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:31 am

I figured out how to log on as a spectator.
I watched a couple of games last night, it was awesome.
I learned a lot.
DEFCON is the best game EVER!
I will have to do a lot more watching and playing agaist AI before I will join forum players.
I will watch you guys from the side lines (for now Mmaahhhhh). lol
Thanks for all your help.
-Pete...
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:51 am

As a side-statement, my new server provider seemed to have f*'d up my new subnet of IPs they gave to me.
I on the other hand, made it so my ssh daemon listened _only_ on one of the new IPs, so I can't access my own server anymore. They set up some console (a lara console) but they keyboard will not let me have a # which appears in ALL my passwords :roll:
As I refuse to pay for "hands-on support" we're still in a bit of a disagreement there (though they gave me a new subnet, which they've correctly routed this time :roll: but I can't configure, because the other subnet isn't routed appropriately :roll: )
So people, know I'm working on bringing the new dedcons to you, if I at least can get access to my box... :roll:

edit: actually, it seems this ended up in the wrong thread. Apologies. I'll leave it, for when I bump into that thread, so I can copy-paste. Meanwhile the issue's been resolved anyways ;)
Last edited by torig on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MegaDeathKill!
level2
level2

Postby MegaDeathKill! » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:14 am

I can't wait until November, when I'll be able to ditch BT Option One and its stupid 5gb limit! Then I'll be able to test myself against you guys online...
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am

MegaDeathKill! wrote:I can't wait until November, when I'll be able to ditch BT Option One and its stupid 5gb limit! Then I'll be able to test myself against you guys online...

Depending on if you download heavily or not that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
My connection at home is limited to 10GB down, and 2GB up, and I haven't run into issues because of Defcon.

Return to “General”