Wanted: Dedicated Diplomacy Server

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Braddock
level1
level1

Wanted: Dedicated Diplomacy Server

Postby Braddock » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:53 pm

There is the AKE Group diplomacy server, but lately it has been lagging terribly. Any chance someone can set up another one?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:10 am

When I finally get the internet setup in my new house, I'll be running about four servers, of which one will def. be a diplomacy server.

NeoThermic
Braddock
level1
level1

Postby Braddock » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:29 am

Thanks a lot.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:04 pm

I will bring my diplomacy one back online once the key issue has been addressed.
=dB=Ed
level1
level1

Postby =dB=Ed » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:38 pm

torig wrote:I will bring my diplomacy one back online once the key issue has been addressed.

? What key issue are we talking about? I see you have at least one server running?

@All: The =dB= server can run diffrent modes in rotation (I like the game but not enough to buy a seperate key for each mode). If you guys would like to post the configs you prefer here I would be happy to host them one at a time so that when one mode ends the next begins and the cycle continues. Please remember that the server itself is standalone and not usually moderated so if it is a setup that requires an admin interaction it wouldn't work too well. But I really have no serious preferences myself on how the games are conducted there as long as they are fair and I am happy to see it getting good use. Currently I think it is running as close to default as possible which I personally like but I remember enjoying diplomacy as well its just been a long time since I have played.

Thanks
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

The issue that if a server announces itself with the same key multiple times, the names of the different servers will not appear together on the metaserver list.
And that if my keys is online simultaneously, IV might get the impression it's a shared and thus pirated key ;)

My orgazmo mode config can be found in the Dedcon server owners thread ; but it is included in bert's latest package as well as his radar defense setup.
keger
level1
level1

Postby keger » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:17 pm

Braddock wrote:There is the AKE Group diplomacy server, but lately it has been lagging terribly.
That's strange, I just checked and the server never used more than 20 % of its available bandwidth in the past couple of weeks :roll: Do you still have these problems on the server ?
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 pm

I joined an AKE Group server about a week ago - only to find rather a lot of lag, and everyone complaining about it. I assume there's something wrong somewhere :\
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:34 pm

keger wrote:
That's strange, I just checked and the server never used more than 20 % of its available bandwidth in the past couple of weeks :roll: Do you still have these problems on the server ?[/quote]

It could just be some odd routing glitch or saturated router ...

Alternatively, check out one of the new parameters introduced by release 0.6 of dedcon. It allows you to configure a maximum lag for players. I started mine off at 800 (vs the default 1000)ms, and if I get complains about lag I will consider dropping it further.

Return to “General”