Why is Defcon like the World cup

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: Why is Defcon like the World cup

Postby Zorotama » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am

Ghost Division wrote:I want a Brasil x Spain in finals, for the epicness.

I don't understant how you can define epic this. Spain, like France, did only a great season (very great indeed), a magic cycle but it was not the start of an era.

The only epic final is Brasil vs Italy. It was the final for the Rimet cup, they are the biggest football traditions, they were the biggest in the old days, in the golden days and in the present. they won 5 and 4 world cup and we can't hide this only because a country has a special limited period of glory.

Also a semifinal Brasil vs Argentina sounds pretty epic..and above all a semifinal Italy vs Germany is epic.
But the real final is Brasil-Italy, the rest is a clone.

This about epicness..

About the real soccer right now, Germany looks good although it usually starts with goleadas to end then with aridity (usually vs Italy in semifinal).
Italy looks slow but not bad as team integration..I need to see italy outside amazzonian weather. Anyway it is ended the long era of the perfect italian defence.
Brasil..not a great show but it was the first match, anyway not a great show. They really needed the samurai thieve with them.
Holland...well, I have to be honest..I don't think 5-1 is a correct score. Spain started better, then they had a collapse. I didnt like the big scores after a bad moment of a team, not so epic to do the 5th goal when the match is already over. Only the loser team thinks in that way. Like Germany, or holland..or Spain. When you have 3 goals of advantage when only 15 minutes still remains..to make easy goals is simply ridicolous. Maybe it's usefull for country not used to win something important.
Argentina...I seen a really bad argentina. Messi is an alien, no doubt, but I didn't see argentina.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:18 am

Zorotama wrote:
Ghost Division wrote:I want a Brasil x Spain in finals, for the epicness.

I don't understant how you can define epic this. Spain, like France, did only a great season (very great indeed), a magic cycle but it was not the start of an era.

The only epic final is Brasil vs Italy. It was the final for the Rimet cup, they are the biggest football traditions, they were the biggest in the old days, in the golden days and in the present. they won 5 and 4 world cup and we can't hide this only because a country has a special limited period of glory.

Also a semifinal Brasil vs Argentina sounds pretty epic..and above all a semifinal Italy vs Germany is epic.
But the real final is Brasil-Italy, the rest is a clone.

This about epicness..

About the real soccer right now, Germany looks good although it usually starts with goleadas to end then with aridity (usually vs Italy in semifinal).
Italy looks slow but not bad as team integration..I need to see italy outside amazzonian weather. Anyway it is ended the long era of the perfect italian defence.
Brasil..not a great show but it was the first match, anyway not a great show. They really needed the samurai thieve with them.
Holland...well, I have to be honest..I don't think 5-1 is a correct score. Spain started better, then they had a collapse. I didnt like the big scores after a bad moment of a team, not so epic to do the 5th goal when the match is already over. Only the loser team thinks in that way. Like Germany, or holland..or Spain. When you have 3 goals of advantage when only 15 minutes still remains..to make easy goals is simply ridicolous. Maybe it's usefull for country not used to win something important.
Argentina...I seen a really bad argentina. Messi is an alien, no doubt, but I didn't see argentina.

I generally agree, and after Brazil tied Mexico tonight, I'm gonna have to rethink my prediction of the Brazilians winning this thing.

I do, however, strongly disagree with your sentiment about running up the score. This is the World Cup. These are grown men, at the very top of their profession. You play the whole 90 minutes at that level, as hard as you can. And who knows, maybe that extra goal will come in handy if it comes down to goal differential.
anwarshafy
level0

Postby anwarshafy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:22 am

no i dont like that world cup at all i like only Cricket World Cup 2015
and waiting for that as it will be full of fun ..
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Theres a world cup for cricket? Huh learn somthing new everyday.

Return to “General”