Simultaneous sub launch

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

kb5zht
level1
level1

Simultaneous sub launch

Postby kb5zht » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I read somewhere on the forums that you can use the shift key to somehow make all your subs in one fleet fire at one target at the same time..... but have not found out how to do this. Anybody help me out here? I have tried giving firing orders for a sub with the shift key held down but it only targeted mrbm for that 1 sub.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:07 pm

You can't fire them at the same target with one command, but you can switch them into launch mode together. Hold the Shift key while you give the mode change command for that.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:22 pm

And if you want to fire at one target simultaneously, after you shift-change the mode, you need to manually target all subs at that one target. Because there's a timer for the mode change, after you've finished targeting all your subs they will all fire together and at one target.

It'd hard to explain out-of-game but if you understand then good for you :D
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:43 pm

surfacing all subs in a group isn't the best way to do it. I rarely use more than double subs, mostly single, but if you have picked ur spot - ping once to secure. And raise the subs one by one. Target from the back and raise all the subs to delay the firing. You can also do that after surfacing the entire group, but then again you risk losing all of them.

EDIT: didn't read P&L's post.

How to operate group of subs?:

What she said. :P
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
palehorse864
level2
level2

Postby palehorse864 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 pm

How do you ping? Active sonar, or do you just mean surface one of them and immediately swap it back to pasive and see if it gets shot at.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 pm

palehorse864 wrote:How do you ping? Active sonar, or do you just mean surface one of them and immediately swap it back to pasive and see if it gets shot at.

A surfaced then submerged sub stays visible and can be shot at until it actually gets into passive mode, or for 240 seconds from the time it submerges again, so that method is not advisable.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
palehorse864
level2
level2

Postby palehorse864 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks. I was wondering about that. I thought it might save you from a nearby airfield or something. By the time they reach you, they might fire once before it submerges. Thanks for clarifying it.

What a guy.

Return to “General”