My All-Star Dream List for 1v1

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hyperion
level5
level5

My All-Star Dream List for 1v1

Postby Hyperion » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Welcome! :D so i've been online for a few minutes and 2 ideas from 2 posts caught my imagination...basically everyone wants to play the good players, they want to say either 'ha, you're not that good, i can beat you!' or 'i want to learn from a good player and say i was beaten by a good player' :roll: or something bordering those opinions.

Anyways...upon my comments (and other players) of late regarding good players and the idea (which im liking more and more) of a USA vs EU tournament (ideally we'd need seeded players for this but having 2 seperate polls, 1 for USA/EU respectively given the forum folks the chance to seed good players to compete as they see fit, maybe even on their nations behalf) or who are in the top 20 players of the forums (perhaps a pointless and moot point :roll: ) but like a few others of you i want challenging games that i enjoy (whether i win or lose :) ) and to be honest, noble spirit and moralities aside i want bragging rights :D i'm a competitive person in nature and the lack of IV support for tournaments/leaderboards has saddened me somewhat since buying Defcon :( .

So here is my post out of fun :D for players i'd wish to play more 1v1 games against that i either haven't played against before or wish to play again. These lists are from what i remember only and the game numbers are only 1v1 games :)

Players i've never played that i'd really like to:

Feud.
Countersmurf.
Hank Scorpio.
Peace and Love.

Players i've been beaten by most of the time but fancy my chances against now:

Skynet. (beaten in too many games since before he came to the forums, lol :roll: )
Caranthir.pkk. (3 games)
Radiant Caligula (KOTH settings only :P )

Players who i've beaten but may feel they haven't played enough games against me for me to say 'i'm confident i can beat them to a high percentage'

Ace Rimmer (4 Games).
Xocrates (2 Games).
JESUS (1 Game).
Erasmus J Homeowner (2)

I'm in the Ladder tournament and will take that quite seriously when i get back from holiday, but other than that and random games i'm finding it hard to find equal/better opposition now :? not because i'm very good at the game or arrogant enough to think that but because most of the commonly known good players are never able to play at my times (hence my 'would you like to play?' post). I will be away for my holidays soon but if anyone would like to play/beat/teach me :D i'm going to go update my 'come and play' post for times when i get back right now :wink: This is an invitation to any registered user :)
Last edited by Hyperion on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:52 pm

Aye, I'll play ye.

We just need to work out when. Let me know.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:54 pm

Feud wrote:Aye, I'll play ye.

I'll be disappointed if you lose Feud. Especially since I've beaten Hyperion and haven't beaten you.

However, I think in 1v1 there's more of a layered "net" of ok/good/great players rather than a straight up/down ladder.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Not me and my DWWCNM?
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:

I'll be disappointed if you lose Feud. Especially since I've beaten Hyperion (once...so far) and haven't beaten you (once from many games).

However, I think in 1v1 there's more of a layered "net" of ok/good/great players rather than a straight up/down ladder.

Fix'd.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:

I'll be disappointed if you lose Feud. Especially since I've beaten Hyperion, once out of 3 good games (fourth one was absent 80% of the time) and haven't beaten you once in the same number of games (4), number 5 I won but doesn't count at it was a CPU replacement.

Fix'd.

Fix'd. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Touche :D
hi there (name sux)
level2
level2

Postby hi there (name sux) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Hyperion wrote:Touché :D

Fix'd
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:38 pm

:roll:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Hyperion wrote:Image

Fix'd
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:46 pm

Lol, P&L comming here really did ruin my chances of becoming a good player didn't it :lol:
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:39 am

lol OAM, how did my arrival stop you from being a good player??? O__o

And I'm surprised I'm on that list >__< but you can play me later (by climbing up the ladder) ^__^

Probrably won't stand a chance if Ace Rimmer only won once against you :D

Btw: play Feud first, I can testify that he is a beast!
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:57 am

I was good for my limited experience, then you totaly eclipse me lol, plus ever sence playing you I am increasinly worse then I was. You mess with peoples heads :P
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:03 am

OAM wrote:I was good for my limited experience, then you totaly eclipse me lol, plus ever sence playing you I am increasinly worse then I was. You mess with peoples heads :P

I do not >_<

How are you getting worse? O_o
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:10 am

I've only won around 1/3 of my games sence I started playing with you, as compared to about 80% before hand.

Return to “General”