Cheaters and game ruiners

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pater
level2
level2

Cheaters and game ruiners

Postby Pater » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Hello, I'm Pater Punishment and play a few games in a week.

Today a game I hosted was attacked by a game ruiner, who tried to create overwhelming lag with a spectator spam. I have reason to believe this player has done it in earlier games also, so I am posting his IP and Port here.

76.80.255.89:33398 Nick: Wrong Way

Be on the lookout for this idiot. Also other game ruiners or cheaters I see, I will come here to post.

Hope this will help someone root out a waste of time from your game. I really like this game, but the usual Internet nerds & nolifes are starting to raise their (empty) heads in this magnificient game also.. I wish also Introversion would consider some kind of a ban system to get rid of this scum.

-Px
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Re: Cheaters and game ruiners

Postby Smiling Buddha » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Pater wrote:Hello, I'm Pater Punishment and play a few games in a week.

:lol:
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Yea I hosted a game the other day after I installed my new MB and some kid named Peter -Something was spectating and told the other player all my positions of fleets and airports. Then was cursing like a sailer and even stated he was going to hack me. I would like a way to kick/ban these type kids. I know this has been brought up MANY times before, but it is to easy for any player to just change their name. Maybe some type of IP ban. Just an idea.
hi there (name sux)
level2
level2

Postby hi there (name sux) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey Pater. I told you he would ruin the game! It's the same guy, going on different names (trying to ruin reputations). I knew from the beginning that he would ruin the game, because he said some bad things about me (he hates me the most it seems).

This guy will leave it on 1x speed at any random moment in the game. He will also spam the chat to lag the server, and will use a lot of foul language towards players. He uses so many different nicknames, so watch out for his IP before you click Ready. As for him joining spectators, either set spectators to 0 or wait until IV makes a kick spec option...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Here we go again... :roll:

xander
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:14 pm

You know, maybe there is only one, but he is everywhere. Just a thought.
hi there (name sux)
level2
level2

Postby hi there (name sux) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Its just one guy. Its not possible for two assholes to be so similar. No two assholes are alike. I can tell its one guy because the way he types, and the same insults he uses, and the patterns in which he changes his name (example: changing his name to "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE" or something in capital letters mid game).

I understand that you don't like to see these kind of threads xander, but this guy needs to be dealt with. Its not some guy who will drop the server if he is losing or something minor, its someone who spend $20 with the purpose of ruining it for everyone. He'll go from game, to game, to game, changing his name, and ruining it (leaving it on 1x speed until the host shuts down). One day I had him do it to me three games in a row (using different nicknames of course).

Everyone should prevent this guy from joining their games.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Yes, I've had him on a server I was on under the name Keppler's Planet.
Zenon
level1
level1

Postby Zenon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:13 am

All of you do realize that it probably isn't the same person under different aliases? If they all use similar exploits, then you can indeed say they are the same person.

I just saw Wrong Way make use of the naval-units-through-land glitch to get to Hudson's Bay and the Mediterranean an hour ago, by the way.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:48 am

What I'm trying to say is that there are fewer then we think, but it is a problem. One was just an example.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 am

I stand by my previous statements. Griefers get off on irritating people and making them react. If you don't react, they don't have as much fun. Publically shaming them on a forum is nirvana to them. Ignore them, and they go away. Yes, you have to deal with them for a couple of days or weeks, but they will get bored and move on. Get over it.

xander
jessdarkcyde
level0

Postby jessdarkcyde » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:02 am

hi there (name sux) wrote:This guy will leave it on 1x speed at any random moment in the game. He will also spam the chat to lag the server, and will use a lot of foul language towards players. He uses so many different nicknames, so watch out for his IP before you click Ready. As for him joining spectators, either set spectators to 0 or wait until IV makes a kick spec option...

Peter Svidler and Sir Jonston are two that spring to mind
hi there (name sux)
level2
level2

Postby hi there (name sux) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:04 am

I'm just warning you. Oh and yes I know about the general rule for trolls (which never works by the way!): ignore them and they will go away. I ignore them in game (I just leave), but like I said, I'm just warning everyone.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:28 am

Actualy, in my experience, ignoring them causes them to flood the chat box and lag the server to death.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:31 am

OAM wrote:Actualy, in my experience, ignoring them causes them to flood the chat box and lag the server to death.

As I said, for a game or two, they will be obnoxious, but eventually they will get board of Defcon and go away. Who cares if they spam the chat box, anyway? Does it really matter?

xander

Return to “General”