Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

Postby Endless » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 am

I wanted to play tepco today, but caught chatting. I'll try again tomorrow to see what the fuss is all about.
TEPCO
level1
level1

Postby TEPCO » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am

Endless wrote:I wanted to play tepco today, but caught chatting. I'll try again tomorrow to see what the fuss is all about.

k, looks like a fair match (haha) ... see u on battlefield today or tomorrow.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Neither of 2-5 beat me in a 1v1.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 pm

I'd love to see you 1v1 any of them. Would be great matches.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm good with 2v2 and FFA, thanks :)

MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:01 pm

In all honesty, I would love some 1v1 as well. But, having rarely ever played it, I need to be granted quite some time of proper research first.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Playing against two random noobs with a pro for an ally doesn't prove anything...and you didn't play under your real name (until the end) either. Show us some recordings of you beating the top 25.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Huh, Colytic? As you are well aware, I have beat Baton, Cumiro, Senator, Laika, Vicious, Rad Poison, Stealth Mode, Lord Haw Haw, Arst, Freezer, and XB-70, on both Group 6, AKE, MOR, SFCON and ELITE servers throughout the years - quite a few of them several times - and both in 2v2, 3v3 and FFA formats. If you like, I could provide you with screenshots. Have you too, of all, ended up thinking 1v1 is the one "true" format?

Et tu, Colytic!
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 pm

I'm not attacking you (nor FFA ;)), just saying if you are going to display your 2v2 prowess - by all means do so, but don't give us one screenshot of a game like that! Let's have some proper recordings with solid opponents.

I don't really do 1v1s myself either :)
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 am

Max buddy, In every match where you "beat me" please post the recs. That is all I ask.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 am

Interestingly, I cannot, Vicious - my screenshot says 24th of February on the Group 6 3v3 server, but no such recording appears on this page (alongside the rest of my victories) in February: http://group6.info/server/view/26?page=12

Now, how can this be? Although it would be entertaining with some more SH drama, I cannot imagine you got him to delete a humiliating recording for you...?

If not on Group 6 3v3, then on which server could this be? Refresh my memory, Vicious :)

DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:36 am

I would love if there was a rec for this lovely game above ^, I remember it quite well, I was Russia and you were EU. I made EU a ashtray and finished your whole fleet off doing my part for the team, we lost because Arst noobed up and dropped. Looking at the individual battle though I clearly won by miles, but the difference is I just only pretty much concentrated on your EU cities while you just went for all 3 of our big cities hence the points..the rec would show this. Anyways, that's old news and Im still wanting to do a 2v2 with you & Abu.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:45 am

Keep swimming, Vicious.

As you remember, in this particular game I decided to employ, for the first time, my REKT Fresh™ strategy, an extreme, all-out version of Feud's suisilos. Were you around back then, when Feud described it? Anyways - as the recording would clearly show, all I needed my fleet for was providing cover for the first bomber wave. While my good teammates mopped up our opponents, I gathered points so quickly that the timer went off before your time-consuming, conservative strategy could be fullfilled. In other words: A both supreme strategic and tactical victory, even when employing a clearly suicidal (and mostly for fun) strategy. If anything, it proves your lack of skill, being unable to cope with such an aggressive strategy, thus allowing my team to easily secure the win. Your "I won even though both me and my team lost"-approach reminds me a bit of a musketeer, prancing around, swinging his sword and saying "I won the moral victory!", shortly before being hit by a grenade.

I am looking forward to the 2v2, Vicious. I will summon Abu after he is finished with the ELITE server upgrades. Imagine how horrible it will be, after all this bantering, to face the defeat...

...in the hands of MAX the MASTER. You will have to feeeeeeel the defeat. Feeeeeeeel it. And oh my oh my, how fun it will be here in the forums.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 am

MAXtheMASTER wrote:Keep swimming, Vicious.

As you remember, in this particular game I decided to employ, for the first time, my REKT Fresh™ strategy, an extreme, all-out version of Feud's suisilos. Were you around back then, when Feud described it? Anyways - as the recording would clearly show, all I needed my fleet for was providing cover for the first bomber wave. While my good teammates mopped up our opponents, I gathered points so quickly that the timer went off before your time-consuming, conservative strategy could be fullfilled. In other words: A both supreme strategic and tactical victory, even when employing a clearly suicidal (and mostly for fun) strategy. If anything, it proves your lack of skill, being unable to cope with such an aggressive strategy, thus allowing my team to easily secure the win. Your "I won even though both me and my team lost"-approach reminds me a bit of a musketeer, prancing around, swinging his sword and saying "I won the moral victory!", shortly before being hit by a grenade.

I am looking forward to the 2v2, Vicious. I will summon Abu after he is finished with the ELITE server upgrades. Imagine how horrible it will be, after all this bantering, to face the defeat...

...in the hands of MAX the MASTER. You will have to feeeeeeel the defeat. Feeeeeeeel it. And oh my oh my, how fun it will be here in the forums.

MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 am

Oh Vicious, how could I forget this fine victory? It turns out, every time we have faced off, I won.

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52056

(cue excuses from Vicious "my fleet has a better and more aestethic angle/I have more silos left/my precision instant fighter moves were more accurate/I was Asia omg that is so difficult)

In FFA, I beat you.
In 3v3, I beat you.
We will face off in an epic 2v2.

And then you will taste the humiliation. Taaaaaaste the bitter pill. Of losing to MAX the MASTER.

(again)

Return to “General”