Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

Postby Zorotama » Tue May 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Calm, calm..it's not true that I don't recognize good (or very good) new players. This is not the topic. We were talking about the endy's "wall of fame" and about the absence of senator in it.
The rest is your supposition.

For your knowledge..before people said me that you are a cheater I thought you were the new dawn of defcon, after a bad period for the game finally I was watching a new fantastic player. If you remember I many times congrats with you for the best naval that I ever seen. But it was fake.

And also if I don't play I watch many games, I never left to follow the evolution of the game and to recognize good new elements. When I can I give some suggestions if someone asks me and anyway I ever find pleasure to see beauty matches..as live spectator or recordings.

But you have not part in this evolution. And generally about me..I never considered myself a great player, I learned something losing tons of matches..but if the new perspective of an old noob (endy, not the new forces of defcon..simply a dinosaur like me but with less talent) is that endless believes to be a pro, krunk is in a top ten of all time and Senator or stiffy are erased..well, I have to try to reset the meaning of words.

And beyond my dirty english, and beyond my arrogance, it's evident my intent. But you want to mask it and make it different. Simply saying "zoro u are the past. Let us our game e don't bor us with your noise. We are the present"".. But you, laika or endy, are not the present..the present are other guys: more talented and more honest. Like I was.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Tue May 19, 2015 4:35 pm

You have a point here.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue May 19, 2015 5:16 pm

And Senator is one of the greatest player ever..at the same level of Ace, nighty and mike.

I know that you didn't see him when he played regularly but only when he came back as a rusty old player (noone remember how was MOR when he came back?) but endy seen him in the old days. But simply he doesn't understand.

I forgive you if you think that cristiano ronaldo is better than the real ronaldo..but I can't forgive a guy that seen the real ronaldo before his broken legs.

Senator is not a strong player of the past, he's one of the summits in the history of this game. And don't see this point means don't know the game, don't understand it properly.

And endy is a normal player (more normal than me) that alone in his room dreams to be the king in the castle (but maybe I have to forgive him too..in that days he rarely played the bigs, usually he played sad noob 2vs2 with fake identities. He talk more by hearsay instead of a real experience).
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 pm

"Defcon players never die...they just fade away!"
-LHH

@Zorotama Below is your quote, I know of 3 of these players....

MVPE is an artist,he made the group 6 logo seen on the group 6 website, and I have seen him play,he is a defcon great!

I love Eral and thus far I have had 3 games with him, the first was awesome, normally I don't get along well with the old guard as I think they are prima donnas!
But Eral was not and I enjoyed the game we had and I would rather fight at his side then fight against him,to me he is a great defcon player, and I am lucky I know him.

A long long time ago I was a spec in a game and I saw Groeteschele playing, first I like his nick, as his nick and the group 6 name both come from the same movie. Second thing is was the game I was a spec in, Groeteschele was Afrika and he was placing single BB and single CV against SA,spread out, about and inch apart and sending them along to SA coastline, I assume with the intent to try an early scout? I don't know what happened as I lagged out. But I have never forgotten that tactic.

I may be a noob by your standards,and I appreciate our history, maybe you could enlighten us about this random list of great players. Maybe a few paragraphs from you about each would be really awesome to read. And then along time from now, just before I fade away, I will write a few paragraphs about the great defcon players that I recall. I will include Endless,I will leave out the villain part, but I will talk of the great combat skill, that makes him a great defcon player in my time. -LHH

Zorotama wrote:Here a random list of great players that noobs can't remember:
Razorjack
Renholder
Hyperion
Wu China
Mogwai
Blackbeard
Eral
Shai Hulud
Groeteschele
Julian
I Am Legion
Sfericz
John the Greek
mvpe
Tsar Bomba
NZ army
All these deserves to be in a wall of fame.
You still not add Senator (that is a big shame) and you don't understand zoro's dog (how you can?) that as Hi There won several times vs Nightwatch with 6fleets and random silos placement in enemy radar range. As hooru he won all the players with an evident supremacy.
You don't know anything about this game.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed May 20, 2015 1:04 am

I would like to support my "enlighting" action with some recordings. Give me a bit of times to find them..your invite deserves to be followed.

Yes, mvpe is great..the best silo launch ever (am I arrogant if I consider myself the best in this...after mvpe and senator of course? Lol)

Beyond my idiocyes...thanks for your request, I have to be consequent. I will try to satisfy you.

You believe me if I say that I love this game and also that noob of endy?

Edit: if you recognize groete sweet style you have to be really addicted..lol.
Edit2: maybe you are not a noob but anyway it's not important..the important thing for "my standard" is to have good eyes.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed May 20, 2015 3:23 am

Zorotama wrote:You believe me if I say that I love this game and also that noob of endy?

Yes I agree you love the game,we both do,I disagree that Endy is a noob. He is not a noob as you say. We might agree that a noob is a player that has no concept of even basic combat tactics,they throw units down with little or no care for themselves or there allies.

There could even be such a thing as an advanced noob, this player may place units correct, know some basic combat tactics, can formulate an independent battle plan and execute it and maybe even win a few games.

To advance to the next level a player needs a full year of playing several games everyday no exceptions.

Endless is an old guard elite player,with knowledge of advanced combat tactics in all modes. He knows the ground, and he can be a obstacle to your victory, as I know all too well.

Please take all the time you need to find recordings to enlighten us about those great players.

LHH
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed May 20, 2015 11:19 am

Haha..ok.

Probably we use the word noob with different meaning.

Talking seriously: one/two months of costant playing is enough to learn the basis and to use them properly.

The difference between an experienced player and a good player is the strategic aptitude.

Endy is a normal player, like many others, like me, that knows many tactics and that know how to execute them: knowledge and experience. That is good. But not invention and not strategy. In this situation the match is decided only by the skill in the execution of tactics, so it ever depens by how much a player is fresh or rusty, and by one or two random episodes.

As I would like to show you with some recs, it happened that I won different times vs edward (I think I have more wins than losses in a 1vs1 vs him) but I would never dream to say that I am better than ed or at his level...because he did ever the show, taking tons of risks, giving lessons of unpredictable strategyes, with elegance and fluidity. Like Greeks versus Romans..they lost the war but they won the minds and the heart of Rome. Ed is a genius of this game while me I was simply applying my knowledge to profit the chances that he gave me.

I use noob with the meaning of mediocrity. It's obvious that a guy after more than 5 years knows how to play..but he's still mediocre. He's still a noob.
__infinity
level1
level1

Postby __infinity » Wed May 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:There could even be such a thing as an advanced noob, this player may place units correct, know some basic combat tactics, can formulate an independent battle plan and execute it and maybe even win a few games.

Zorotama wrote:Haha..ok.
In this situation the match is decided only by the skill in the execution of tactics, so it ever depens by how much a player is fresh or rusty, and by one or two random episodes.

Well, let me say something to this. I am a new player, maybe an advanced noob. Nowadays it's very hard to be good only with own experiences. I searched youtube, looking for old articles and advices in web archives, even watched a lot of old demos of great players from that list. I adapted tactic from different players, now trying to enhance my technique. It seems for me that the hardest thing in this game is timing and determine the right targets. My opinion is that everybody can be better, but one must accept that score isn't everything. Every game is so different.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Zorotama wrote:
I use noob with the meaning of mediocrity. It's obvious that a guy after more than 5 years knows how to play..but he's still mediocre. He's still a noob.

Then come show me how to play great and all knowing dimitri.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed May 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Impossible to show you..you seen Senator for ages and you still think that he doesn't deserves to be in a top ten. Blind man..I can only speak to you.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Just another excuse for you to back down.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed May 20, 2015 10:05 pm

watchin drama that not related 2 me, nice change of pace.

/me eatin popcorn.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 am

Zorotama wrote:
I forgive you if you think that cristiano ronaldo is better than the real ronaldo..but I can't forgive a guy that seen the real ronaldo before his broken legs.

But zoro.... Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than R9. He is a more complete player and has better stats, Cristiano Ronaldo is the most prolific goal scorer this world has ever seen, the numbers he put's up yearly is insane.Some might say R9 is better because he won the World Cup but look at the team he was on, Cristiano Ronaldo has to be on a Portugal side that is terrible and in every competition he carries them.

Edit: And you have 47 on your list and not me tsk tsk , even as a nobody vicky I beat 47 on the reg and now i outclass everyone on that list. Cocky statement perhaps but idgaf :)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Don't blaspheme please. Ronaldo had rare feet, he had velvet feet as only an handful group of player. Pelé, Maradona, Di Stefano, Cruijff...maybe Messi one day.

No, no, no Cristiano "Ronaldo" is nothing. When Ronaldo won the world cup was already out..I don't count the world cup, neither generally the scores. I consider the talent. Ronaldo was superior, CR7 is really far with any comparation with Ronaldo.

Yes, CR7 plays with portugal but also with ManchesterU and Real Madrid. I think you could do some goals too in that teams :). And his "incredible" score is not the most prolific in the history, anyway.

Ronaldo, as Pelé, Maradona, Cruijff, Di Stefano (maybe also Zidane) is a perfect incarnation of the total soccer player. CR7 is only a very good player in a stratospheric team..in a world of soccer with many good players but very poor of giants.

Messi is surely better than CR7 but he has still to show to be not only a great performer but also a great leader for his team.

Anyway if you have time remember a bit of the real Ronaldo before his second broken leg (and before the korean world cup) watching this:

The only Ronaldo!

I know the comments are in italian but it is the best video about the nederland, spanish and italian phases of Ronaldo.

Watch it!! Instead of blaspheme..and you will understand why you are not in my wall of fame list! LOL
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo has been in stratospheric teams yes but R9 was also.....R9 was on the "Galaticos" Real Madrid with zizu/figo/raul/beckham/roberto carlos etc.. and didn't win any trophies and he did not score a lot either. Now if you look at what Cristiano Ronaldo has brought Madrid since he came over from Man Utd you can see the difference.

you state " in a world of soccer with many good players but very poor of giants." no there are many superstar players but currently Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are just ahead of everyone else by miles, they both are once in a lifetime type of player.

Now back to the reason why Cristiano Ronaldo is better than R9, you say stats don't matter but they do when comparing attacking players. Maybe if we were comparing CM's or another type of midfielder then stats wouldn't matter because its hard to measure by stats how much influence a mid has but when looking at Strikers/Wingers the stats are available for comparison and need to be taken into consideration. Since Cristiano Ronaldo has came to Madrid in 2009 he has more goals than games played for them and is about to become Real Madrid's all time leading scorer in only 7 seasons. He is also the leader for goals scored in European play.

Also to say Cristiano Ronaldo isn't " a perfect incarnation of the total soccer player" is plain stupid. He's 6'1 185 pounds of pure muscle and a perfect athlete, his acceleration his second to none, he is also one of the fastest players in the world when dribbling with the ball. He has the best header and his weak foot isn't a weak foot, it's like he has 2 right feet, he also can strike the ball from huge distance and do not forget about his free kicks. Even though his free kicks have gone down over the recent seasons, he is still the most feared player from the FK spot. There is nothing he can not do, so to say he isn't the perfect incarnation of a total soccer player is just stupid. He is the most complete soccer player in the history of the game and the best athlete on top of that.How many good seasons did R9 have in top european play? How many good seasons does cristiano ronaldo have? exactly. Cristiano ronaldo is 30 year's old and still has many many seasons left in him at top european play.

R9 played on the best Brazil side to date and zidane still shit on them, Cristiano Ronaldo plays on the most weak portugal side to date and leads them on the field to 99% of their wins, to say he is not a leader is absurd especially since he is the Captain of the team and gives 150% every game. Last World Cup he played even though he was injured, so he risked his career to play for his country in the World Cup...

Don't get me wrong R9 is still one of the best players to have played but Cristiano Ronaldo is better and when he is done with his career will be even more miles ahead of R9 and thats the truth, and if you don't think that then you need to start watching some of his games :) or just watch these youtube video since I watched the one you posted.

also do not even try a rebuttal against what i just wrote because there is nothing you can say about Cristiano Ronaldo that i just didn't say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyXKSDbQUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9nE-AZe6g - Most Complete player vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XViy9Mk6DPM - Best Headers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NoNFvMBVUE - Best Long Shots

EDIT: and actually I don't need to be on your list because the noobs remember me now because I'm still giving out the ass kickings daily unlike all of those who don't play anymore. I will go down in the defcon history books as the noob/forum troll who started in late 07 and who grew up to now controlling the forums and is now a classy as fuck hard dick shit kicker in defcon... and I'm ok with that :)

Return to “General”