I think we've been had!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Feud
level5
level5

I think we've been had!

Postby Feud » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 am

As many of you know some time ago Radient Caligula "left" the game for an undiclosed amount of time and for very unspecific reasons, saying that he would reutrn. Well, I believe he never really left. In fact, I think he may very well play amoung us as... Peace and Love!

Tha'ts right, I think that Peace and Love is actually bacon reincarnate. I put forward the following evidences, which I feel give some weight to this idea:

1) P&L advanced very quickly in skill, unusually quickly one might say. http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4694

2) P&L arrived at the forums and game world very shortly (a week) after RC "left"

3) When RC announced it, the joke wasw made mulitple times that he was leaving to get a sex change (including here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=1 )

4) Around the time that P&L arrived, other community members begain to suspect that RC was still around, under an assumed name http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4682&highlight=bacon

5) RC said himself that he was wanting to return early http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4694

6) P&L is making sure to go WAY over the top in trying to play the "cute teenage girl" card, more so then any girl I've ever meet in my life (much less one who is a long time gamer)

I propose the hyposthesis that RC was getting tired of everyone gunning for him, tired of living up to the hype and image he had built for himself, and saw an opportunity to duck out. He then returned as a differant charecter so that he could start again with another over the top personality, but without the hype. All the while he laughs as he pulls off a giant practical joke on the boards.

Just before leaving he put forward what he called the "ping switcharoo"

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4659

Int his, a sub makes a big show of leaving, while another takes it's place quitely. The victum thinks the player left, but he actually remains with a differant unit. I think RC is tryign to play a switcharoo on us. Making a show of leaving, while quietly returning as P&L.

What does the community think? (If I am wrong, then my apologies to P&L)
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 am

Hmm...*contemplates* and interesting hypothesis Holmes...any of the following may be true...

a) You just grossly insulted Peace and Love...as a Defcon player and a women/girl.

b) You read too many conspiracy theory books.

c) You're a genius.

d) If said hypothesis is true then Radiant Caligula is a genius for giving the forums the rejuvenation they needed, all i'm reading over the forum is Peace and Love this...Peace and Love that (the top 3 threads in the debriefing room are about Peace and Love).

You missed out some possibilities though. Radiant Caligula was a girl all along. Radiant Caligula has Multiple Personalities. Radient Caligula went to alot of trouble to use different IP's/IV accounts/Defcon Games/Timezone changes to pull this off.

It's the perfect crime :shock:

IM CONVINCED! :D
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 am

Makes sense to me as Peace and Love has only beaten me once out of (now) several 1v1 games. I do know how to fry bacon up right!

:wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:29 am

Does it matter? ;)
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 am

Maybe to Rogviler...:wink: but not to me. :
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Maybe to Rogviler...:wink: but not to me. :

Heh. Touché.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:25 am

All this reminds me of the "Matrix in the Matrix-theory". After "Matrix Reloaded" a lot people speculated about the next Movie and what could be the end. After "Matrix Revolutions" it was right clear, that the stories and theories developed by the fan-community were far more sophisticated than that crappy story from the Wachowski brothers.

If RC is P&L, then he should change his job and start a career as an actor. :D

We all have seen the hands of an emperor, so its quite certain to assume that RC is a male.
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4437

Nevertheless Feud, you came up with a great "hoax".:wink:
Maybe I have one argument against your assumption: P&L uses permanently these strange "Emoticons" like ">_<" and so on. I think RC has never ever used one of them, right?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 am

I've met P&L in a school game when she was starting about a month ago. If this is RC he would have been setting this up for a rather long time and he is in fact an incredible actor, even because P&L doesn't play anything like RC.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:40 am

A very convincing theory, but unless RC also moved country and continent in those short days, P&L is not RC.

NeoThermic
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:46 am

just ask P&L to post a picture of her and her computer with defcon running on it.
i'm pretty sure those kind of pictures would be hard to find on the internet for RC

although i doubt any conspiracy shit is true
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:53 am

Schubdüse wrote:Maybe I have one argument against your assumption: P&L uses permanently these strange "Emoticons" like ">_<" and so on. I think RC has never ever used one of them, right?
If I tried acting like a normal girl on the net, I'd use them too! ^-^
creator
level3
level3

Postby creator » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:31 pm

hah, wow this isn't actually bad. hmm if peace and love isn't radiaent caligula...then i hope she is mercyful on you feud...
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm pretty sure she's not.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

It's very probable.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Again, if I"m wrong then apologies to P&L. Regardless of if I'm wrong or not, comparing you to RC in skill is nothing to chaff about.

zjoere wrote:just ask P&L to post a picture of her and her computer with defcon running on it.
i'm pretty sure those kind of pictures would be hard to find on the internet for RC

although i doubt any conspiracy shit is true

If he is married, has a girl friend, has a sister, or is a girl himself in real life, then it's easy to fake.

NeoThermic wrote:A very convincing theory, but unless RC also moved country and continent in those short days, P&L is not RC.

NeoThermic

Well, if he went on vacation (he mentioned he was on a beach at one point) then perhaps he thought he would go on vacation from his old in game personality.

Return to “General”