Time

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Time

Postby The Mighty Santa » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:10 am

Nowadays, I find myself having very little time to play- or rather, I find that I need to leave abruptly very often. After my father's death my mom needs me for more tasks and I need to help her a lot in filling out forms, making phone calls etc since she cannot speak English very well. I go into every match with the possibility of having to leave. Fortunately, that has only happened once- I'm very sorry Deadcows :oops:

But anyways, to the point. In my situation, what am I supposed to do? Every game there's a chance I'll have to leave, wasting the time of 1-5 other people. Should I not play unless I know I won't be bothered? Which is almost never. I announce that I might have to go before every match and because of this situation I've been speccing a lot more than I've been playing. I'd really appreciate your feedback on this. If it's a big issue I'll probably just stop playing mostly and spectate until the situation improves. Thanks everyone!
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Re: Time

Postby Rad Poison » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:47 am

There is always the option to pause the game if an admin is there. So if your task doesn't take too long and the others are aware that they have to wait a little during the game, then this, i suppose, is a way to handle it, without cancelling the game.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Rad Poison wrote:There is always the option to pause the game if an admin is there. So if your task doesn't take too long and the others are aware that they have to wait a little during the game, then this, i suppose, is a way to handle it, without cancelling the game.

Well it depends really on how long his tasks are. Are they going to be like your 5 minute job where a pause option wont be much of a fuss, or will it be tasks that last an hour?

I'm glad you brought this up anyways. To me this isn't too much of a big issue, but i do agree with you about speccing until you have the time. Others (and perhaps me i'll admit) will probably suggest just not to play and just spec until you have the time.
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 am

Fuck happened again. Against sven this time... shit wanna play but can't :(.

Return to “General”