Pictures of Defcon players

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:57 pm

Now I get it, he reminds me of Big Brother or someone else from 1984.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:26 pm

xander wrote:And, honestly, kentuckyfried, your picture bothers me on some level. The image suggests, to me, that because you are a nerd with an adoring woman on your shoulder, you are somehow better than everyone else on the internet. There is also a subtle "woman as property" motif in the way that you appear to be completely ignoring her, yet using her to assert your superiority. You may not have been thinking about that when you took the picture, but that was the first thing that came to my mind. I won't tell you exactly what Wendryn said (without my prompting, by the way), but she basically agrees. Your picture just doesn't sit well with me.

xander

Your picture bothers me. It suggests to me that because you are a nerd with a wife, you are somehow better than everyone else on the internet. The way your wife's hand is on top of yours shows that you are completely ignoring her and the angle of her hand suggests that she wants to be shown some love but the other hand doesn't want anything of it, just using it to assert superiority. I won't tell you what someone else who has the same opinion as me said, but they basically agree. Your picture just doesn't sit well with me.

That was absurd, and to be honest so was what you said.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:02 pm

xander wrote:
coolsi wrote:Are you wearing nail varnish?

No, my nails are just naturally shiny. It comes from eating well.

And, honestly, kentuckyfried, your picture bothers me on some level. The image suggests, to me, that because you are a nerd with an adoring woman on your shoulder, you are somehow better than everyone else on the internet. There is also a subtle "woman as property" motif in the way that you appear to be completely ignoring her, yet using her to assert your superiority. You may not have been thinking about that when you took the picture, but that was the first thing that came to my mind. I won't tell you exactly what Wendryn said (without my prompting, by the way), but she basically agrees. Your picture just doesn't sit well with me.

xander

Never really thought of it like that, then again I never intended the pic like that. It's from a while back, I didn't take it for this thread ;)

How about this pic, taken just before the last one. Does it pass muster?

Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Why are you touching yourself with that very feminine looking hand?

:P
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Smiling Buddha wrote:Why are you touching yourself with that very feminine looking hand?

:P

Crap, there's something wrong with this pic too??? I just can't please you Defcon people ;)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 pm

kentuckyfried wrote:Never really thought of it like that, then again I never intended the pic like that. It's from a while back, I didn't take it for this thread ;)

No, and I don't know what set me off about it. I know it wasn't meant that way. It is, after all, just a picture.

kentuckyfried wrote:How about this pic, taken just before the last one. Does it pass muster?

I like that picture. Is that your girlfriend? wife?

xander
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:53 pm

My Girlfriend of 4 years :)

She was my first GF, back in highchool, then we got back together years and years later when we were all growed up :)
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:59 pm

Awww.

For the record, I think your first pic just looks like you two were having a laugh. About what, I have no idea, but a laugh nonetheless. My girlfriend thought it was sweet.

/trying to find a decent picture of myself
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:07 pm

shinygerbil wrote:Awww.

For the record, I think your first pic just looks like you two were having a laugh. About what, I have no idea, but a laugh nonetheless. My girlfriend thought it was sweet.

/trying to find a decent picture of myself

shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:12 pm

NEEDS MORE SHINY ;)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm

kentuckyfried wrote:How about this pic, taken just before the last one. Does it pass muster?

<IMAGE WENT HERE>
Doesn't quite have the "Hah! Owned!" quality of the first one. I liked the first one for that. Then again, I'm assuming that she knew what you were doing in that picture, or at least thought it was funny afterward.

Although, the "pleased to eat you" look's pretty cool too.

*still wondering if there's an image of Mas out there that hasn't been seen by all and sundry already*
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:16 pm

shinygerbil wrote:NEEDS MORE SHINY ;)

Behold the glow

NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:07 am

More spotlight than shiny, i prefer mine (though he looks infinitely more evil than the original):

Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:11 am

Truly only a gerbil that could have hailed from the radioactive forums of the Defcon pages.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:54 am

Seems this one isn't so well known (if NeoThermic is a reliable guide):

Return to “General”