Pictures of Defcon players

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Yet ironically enough, I was reminded of John Cleese.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:09 am

BrianBlessed wrote:You have possibly the most German face I have ever seen.

Wuuut? :shock: Well, I AM german. But actually, I have a very "jewish" profile (in this crappy "nazi-manner") and I'm not blond-haired. According to the "Rassenlehre", I would have been a victim of "nazi-euthanasia".

shinygerbil wrote:Yet ironically enough, I was reminded of John Cleese.

Nobody has told me that before. But looking anew at my picture I can understand your imagination.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 am

I would have said he looked English, reminds me of people I see on BBCA.
BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:02 am

Well I was tempted to say that you were looming over us with your big evil German face, but I was fairly sure that would have had Nazi comparisons drawn from it. I'm not sure where a resemblance to John Cleese came from, there is definitely a German actor who you look almost identical to (hence why I said you had a really German face) but I cannot think what film I have seen him in or any relevent information. That will really annoy me now, trying to think of the person.

Although it brings up a point i've always wondered about, if i'm the only one who can determine nationality just from looking at someone. Admittedly it's not going to be incredibly accurate, but I do see differences between French faces and German faces, Korean faces and Japanese faces etc. Actually it's probably more the fact that I get increasingly annoyed that everyone spuriously guesses my own genetic origin, something which would seem patently obvious to me.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:44 am

Scubduse looks like one of those tragic heroes who kicks a lot of butt but ends up suffering a lot throughout the movie, along with doing a big heavy dose of dramatic yelling and throwing chairs. He also ends up getting lots of girls but because of this, it causes tons of drama and emotional damage over and over while he's still trying to fight the main villain of the movie (and throwing chairs).

That's what my imagination leads me >_<
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 am

One of my favourite pics of me and my chickie ;)

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:00 am

I prefer this picture to that one:

xander
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:12 am

xander wrote:I prefer this picture to that one:

xander

Lots of awwww factor, but mine's got flair ;)
JESUS
level2
level2

Postby JESUS » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:38 am

Schubdüse wrote:Nope! I will NOT fully reveal my face...

Looks more like morrisey to me . . . .
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3

Postby Gen. Ripper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 am

Hey guys, just got back from the G8, here's a couple of pictures of me, although not "that" recent, I should get some from the G8 emailed to me I hope soon!

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... bb&thumb=4 (at a festival in London)

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... ir&thumb=4 (Largest Budda in the world)
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:25 am

xander wrote:I prefer this picture to that one:

xander

Are you wearing nail varnish?
Nakatomi is coming
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 am

Gen. Ripper wrote:Hey guys, just got back from the G8, here's a couple of pictures of me, although not "that" recent, I should get some from the G8 emailed to me I hope soon!

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... bb&thumb=4 (at a festival in London)

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... ir&thumb=4 (Largest Budda in the world)

G8? Schwarzer Block? O.o! Homeland Security!!!!! MOTHERLAND! Ahhhhhh!
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3

Postby Gen. Ripper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:05 pm

hehe, no not Black Block, just a peacefull activist...adding my voice and presence to the many ^_^

(East gate held for 48 hours! - woo)
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:08 pm

BrianBlessed wrote:Well I was tempted to say that you were looming over us with your big evil German face,...

Can't deny, that I like this thought. :twisted:

Peace and Love wrote:Scubduse looks like one of those tragic heroes who kicks a lot of butt but ends up suffering a lot throughout the movie, along with doing a big heavy dose of dramatic yelling and throwing chairs. He also ends up getting lots of girls but because of this, it causes tons of drama and emotional damage over and over while he's still trying to fight the main villain of the movie (and throwing chairs).

Can't deny, that I like this imagination too. 8)
BTW, did I said that you look very cute? Perhaps I could throw some chairs only for you? :lol:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm

coolsi wrote:Are you wearing nail varnish?

No, my nails are just naturally shiny. It comes from eating well.

And, honestly, kentuckyfried, your picture bothers me on some level. The image suggests, to me, that because you are a nerd with an adoring woman on your shoulder, you are somehow better than everyone else on the internet. There is also a subtle "woman as property" motif in the way that you appear to be completely ignoring her, yet using her to assert your superiority. You may not have been thinking about that when you took the picture, but that was the first thing that came to my mind. I won't tell you exactly what Wendryn said (without my prompting, by the way), but she basically agrees. Your picture just doesn't sit well with me.

xander

Return to “General”