fireing all at once

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

rome87
level2
level2

fireing all at once

Postby rome87 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi is it possible to fire for example u hav 4 subs in a group is it possible to fire nukes from all of them at the same time?

thx
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:21 pm

No
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Err, yes? O_o

Only if you do the following:

When clicking on MRBM LAUNCH MODE, make sure to hold Shift. This will set all the subs to launch mode at the same time. You now have 120 seconds (of game time) to target all of those nukes. If you target all of the nukes before they launch, then they will launch at the same time.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
PsychicKid
level2
level2

Postby PsychicKid » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:43 pm

This is true, BUT they will not impact at the same time, due to the spacing between the subs when they're placed in groups. Still though, they fire so tightly and close in smaller groups that even if you lose one, the rest will get through. Might lose two if your opponent is lucky or you're shooting right into 6 silos.
kb5zht
level1
level1

Postby kb5zht » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:44 am

I know it may mess with game balance... but I wish there was some way of makeing a single silo fire off all it's nukes at the same time, the way they would in the real world..... as it is now, even if you target every single nuke with repetitive key clicks to launch against the same target (within the space of a few seconds), it will only fire 1 nuke at a time with a long delay spaced in between....
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:14 am

PsychicKid wrote:This is true, BUT they will not impact at the same time, due to the spacing between the subs when they're placed in groups. Still though, they fire so tightly and close in smaller groups that even if you lose one, the rest will get through. Might lose two if your opponent is lucky or you're shooting right into 6 silos.

Depending on the numbers of subs in a fleet (2-4 being the best) and the distance from their respective targets, those inbound nukes (that are targeted at the same target) will almost overlap each other as they follow their trajectory arcs...'close enough' is better and more efficient than having each nuke overlap each other to land at the same time for the following reasons -

1) The freak incident that if 2-4 nukes were overlapped and almost as 1 nuke, that AA fire would manage to take them all out at once :? i dread to imagine it.

2) Allowing nukes a lead on each other allows for distracted AA fire...basically the principle that you sacrifice your first nukes in order to distract and allow your more critical nukes to hit home. i.e. 4 subs off Portugal...you want to hit London...Launch the first nuke from each sub at random other targets or preferably all at Paris/Rome and target the next 3 nukes of each sub at London allowing them clean airspace towards their target :D
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:46 am

Also, he didn't ask about impacting, he asked about launching, so the answer to his question is a definate yes.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:22 am

OAM wrote:Also, he didn't ask about impacting, he asked about launching, so the answer to his question is a definate yes.

Touche but it was easy to assume the reasoning behind his initial question :P and henceforth the effect of which i gladly exampled :wink:

Return to “General”