All things old are new again

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

PUNK
level1
level1

Postby PUNK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:There is, the host can just go look up his IP and not allow that person to join any more games.

I had thought about this, but I could not tell the host to do so since I didn't know the command or process to check the IP.
Omerta
level1
level1

Postby Omerta » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:39 pm

On behalf of all of the newer wave of players, Im sorry for all of the jackasses lol.

I'm new and even I run into them!
o·mer·tà - Secrecy sworn to oath; code of silence.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:36 pm

Yeah, I just recently upgraded my demo witch had been lying around from the start, and noticed alot of morons. One guy said I was retarded for not linking him spamming me with join alliance requests. I let him in once, but it was defcon two and he hadn't placed anything. He insisted he was smarter then me, I asked him to prove it, he asked me questions and I got them all right, then he told me to ask hima science question, I asked what kind he would like, and he said that was retarded :roll: So look out for Keppler's Planet. He then flooded the chat box and shut the server down.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:43 am

From my long and most extensive experience in dealing with stupid people ^__^

Veteran of Starcraft and World of Warcraft (games plagued by armies of stupid people XD)

step 1: tell them to shut up politely
"please keep words to a minimum, it increases lag" should do

step 2: if this fails, ignore. If a player is talking to a responseless wall, he'll ussually stop talking.

step 3: if their chatting lags the game to unbearable extremes, just leave. Don't make a fuss, don't fight, don't exchange curse words, just leave and find another game :D

Personally I've only played for a month and there doesn't seem to be much rudeness in this game. I've only met one true rude rude rude guy but that's just once in a whole month. Most people seem to be very nice :)
Back on SC and WoW, the cussing and drama would become so extreme that they'd overpower the actual game. People would actually stop playing because they're angry or to prove a point. It was so bad >__<

The server disconnects are probrably just because of connection problems. I've only met one person who left because things didn't go his way, but that was just one person in a whole month.

The exploit it rampant O___O. In fact I used to use the exploit thinking it was just a part of the game until someone pointed out that it was because of a bug. I accidentally stumbled upon the whole sub over land thing and just went with it lol. I don't do it anymore though, but I think this happens often because new players just don't know any better.
Erasmus J Homeowner
level2
level2

Postby Erasmus J Homeowner » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Just had a run in with some dude called creator who took exception to something i said, and proceded to ruin two games! Damn his cunning IP frippery =]

Well he certainly showed me that internetland is full of tiresome people with nowt to do but whine. Boy have I learned my lesson now =]
May the blessing of the bomb almighty descend on us all, this day and forever more.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:55 pm

I can't help it, if someone wants to argue with me, I must oblige.
creator
level3
level3

Postby creator » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:46 pm

Erasmus J Homeowner wrote:Just had a run in with some dude called creator who took exception to something i said, and proceded to ruin two games! Damn his cunning IP frippery =]

Well he certainly showed me that internetland is full of tiresome people with nowt to do but whine. Boy have I learned my lesson now =]

wasnt me...

IP frippery?
Erasmus J Homeowner
level2
level2

Postby Erasmus J Homeowner » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:16 pm

yeah, kicked him from the second, but he just joined as a spec from another IP. One canadian, one american......
Went by the names of both creator and Power Nuke. Ah well, if he will go around asking questions.......
May the blessing of the bomb almighty descend on us all, this day and forever more.
kb5zht
level1
level1

Postby kb5zht » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

I never worry about abusive players.... this just means they are mad because they're not doing well against you. Consider it a feather in your cap. Haveing just recently ended an 18-month run in starwars galaxies, I have a little experience with whining, angry, name-calling juvelines. Just overlook them.
creator
level3
level3

Postby creator » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:42 pm

I guess its time to add numbers to the end ofmy name...sigh. creator58 it is
RedDwarf
level2
level2

Postby RedDwarf » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Up until recently I was on a good run of quality 6 player games and then following the retail launch theres been a distinct and hopefully short term lowering of standards.

I've rarely seen abuse or spectators giving out info and instead suffer from:

Bad servers - people without a good connection setting up 6 player games - shortly followed by disconnects, then reconnects and then CPU's
Players leaving after getting hit (always happens tbh, but more than usual right now)
Finally (and slightly oddly) I'm winning more games than ever and enjoying it less, as I prefer quality over quantity.

I'm very sure that as some new players leave the current release will also introduce a bunch of decent long term players and ultimately add to those who have played from the start.

See you on the Battlefield.

Red
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:13 am

Wow, I just encountered someone who hosts a game and gets a laugh out of kicking everyone who tries to join. I even got kicked the other day for wanting random territories. Got called a fag and a noob for liking diplo. Lots of other fun stuff to.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:51 pm

One guy wanted 5x minuimum the other day, when we went without it, he put it on real time alot of the time 0_o.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:23 pm

I changed my mind about posting this a few times, but here goes.

Couple of days ago I was speccing a game. I saw some subs move into territories which were not intended to be sailed.
So after carefull consideration I decided to say "I see some illegal sub moves" (and nothing more). The players then all defined what were legal and illegal implacements for subs and the "illegally" placed subs were retracted.
Then I shut up (mostly) as I think that's the "role" of a spec.

But another spec really...got my attention....
The screenshot says it all :

I really was going :shock: :shock:

Return to “General”