Denouncing AKE Servers

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

keger
level1
level1
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:02 am

Re: Denouncing AKE Servers

Postby keger » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 am

Dantesinferno wrote:I think your all jealous of Keger and his excellent AKE servers. The guy supplies servers to play diplo (and has done for years) without all the hassle of bans and moderators. Sure it can get crazy there (like 4chan) but they are solid servers which people have played great games for a long time - your talking bullshit again and I know why.
You just want people to play on GROUP 6, QUAKE and SFCON so you can control who plays through the DEFCON GESTAPO of so called impartial moderators. This thread is just a pathetic jealous attempt to spread propaganda and to redirect traffic to your "controlled servers". So how much of a power hungry meglomaniac does that make you?

Precisely.

peterpacz1 wrote:Apologies for being a bit skeptical, but is there any evidence for these things that happen on AKE servers?

There isn't. If there was, people involved would be banned. And if it was happening on a regular basis, no one would play on these servers anymore.

I've always said I would take action if I were to receive detailled and verifiable evidence of bad behavior, and I have banned players on multiple occasions. All the recordings are publicly available and no information is obfuscated (neither IP addresses or KeyIDs) so proving something happened during a game isn't difficult. Some of the regulars around here have been upset since I refused to ban someone they accused of hacking because the claims were unsubstantiated, and since then they've been claiming that AKE Group condones cheating, which is just ridiculous.

And for the record, I haven't received any complaints since August 2012 (that's a year and a half ago).

peterpacz1 wrote:So far I had no negative experience with any server, so I see no reason to change the servers I play on, unless I see a issue with them myself. :)

Exactly.

I read the forums about twice a year to make sure I didn't miss any big news about the game, but considering they're only frequented by a minority of the players, I couldn't care less about what people say: I only judge the servers' popularity based on how many games are played on them. More than 150 games have been played on AKE Group servers in the past 30 days so I'd say they're pretty damn popular these days, and that's good enough for me to keep them up.

See you in 6 months,

- keger
Last edited by keger on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Denouncing AKE Servers

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:09 am

To be honest I thought you where dead :p But if you say you ban people if there is evidence then how come you never banned CE and many others? If its because your never around, then you should have some Admins. (:

keger wrote:There isn't. If there was, people involved would be banned. And if it was happening on a regular basis, no one would play on these servers anymore.


I completely agree Keger. But you still need some sort of "supervision". I mean if you want cheaters, trolls, rage slowers, and many other troubled players roaming on your server so be it.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: Denouncing AKE Servers

Postby kudayta » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 am

keger wrote:And for the record, I haven't received any complaints since August 2012 (that's a year and a half ago).


That's only because you don't listen, you cheating asshole.


To be clear, I have provided keger on several occasions evidence of cheating on his servers. He has ignored that evidence. He condones cheating.

To make sure everyone can read it:

AKE Group and keger condone cheating on their servers.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Denouncing AKE Servers

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 am

kudayta wrote:AKE Group and keger condone cheating on their servers.


Indeed.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests