SFCON Unban Request

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: SFCON Unban Request

Postby Zorotama » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 am

The best thing to have a chance to be unbanned is to stop crying. Play other servers in these time..in the future we will see.
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:57 am

Dante as was pointed out in this topic, admins can do what they like on peoples servers that have chosen them to be admin. Stop with the defcon Gestapo shit or dont play on these servers.
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 am

Mr Cows, old colleague - I will stop when the DEFCON GESTAPO stop's - every now and again people get all Nazi-like around here.
The send each other names & IP adresses on secret messages and kill peoples KeyID's. KeyID's which never again will be able to play this game we love so much on servers they control.
Normally it's because these players are Noobs or don't play in a way which the DEFCON GESTAPO's wants you to play.
They are ruthless and want to populate 100% the DEFCON servers with player's which conform to their ideals ONLY and would ban everybody else if they could.

I won't name "names" but we all know who they are and they can take it...

BTW its also a "joke" not meant to be taken to seriously remember the TOC Elite?
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:39 am

Dantesinferno wrote:Mr Cows, old colleague - I will stop when the DEFCON GESTAPO stop's - every now and again people get all Nazi-like around here.
The send each other names & IP adresses on secret messages and kill peoples KeyID's. KeyID's which never again will be able to play this game we love so much on servers they control.
Normally it's because these players are Noobs or don't play in a way which the DEFCON GESTAPO's wants you to play.
They are ruthless and want to populate 100% the DEFCON servers with player's which conform to their ideals ONLY and would ban everybody else if they could.

BTW its also a "joke" not meant to be taken to seriously remember the TOC Elite?

Wait, you were trolling us the whole time?!?!?
JMS
level1
level1

Postby JMS » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 am

I was in a diplo game earlier today with AO as Eu, Coke as Na, and me as Sa. Af was named "NewPlayer" but when I asked him, he told me that he was CE. this was about 6 hours ago. Hes around...
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 am

JMS wrote:I was in a diplo game earlier today with AO as Eu, Coke as Na, and me as Sa. Af was named "NewPlayer" but when I asked him, he told me that he was CE. this was about 6 hours ago. Hes around...

I know, just was in Public Chat sfCON he popt up and ask me for "peace". I said no you will always be Public Enemy number one, you will never be able to play Defcon "Normally". Banned five times this week!
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:59 pm

I have no personal problem with conflict Europe but he was in 2v2 just after that and attacked his teammate doom didn't tell me what happened it came to my attention when endless joined and asked him if he attacked team mate we decided to end the game and banned his IP then he returned several times and I personally banned him 3 IP addresses lol he must have static IP ? Maybe Burt can tell us how to kick his Mac address or something ?
Last edited by nuclear cocaine on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Dantesinferno wrote:Mr Cows, old colleague - I will stop when the DEFCON GESTAPO stop's - every now and again people get all Nazi-like around here.

Remember.So called Defcon Gestapo always warns noobs if they quit that they wouldnt do it again. (only exception might be Endless, I dont know anyone else who bans on sight)
After all we THE so called GESTAPO are positioned here by the owner of the server to enforce the owners so called Nazi laws. If you dont like our Nazi laws here in Nazi servers you can move to more democratic ones.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Mr.Cows wrote:
Remember.So called Defcon Gestapo always warns noobs if they quit that they wouldnt do it again. (only exception might be Endless, I dont know anyone else who bans on sight)
After all we THE so called GESTAPO are positioned here by the owner of the server to enforce the owners so called Nazi laws. If you dont like our Nazi laws here in Nazi servers you can move to more democratic ones.

Preach it brotha, and Amen!
LordMarshallPhoenyx
level0
Location: Arizona, United States, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby LordMarshallPhoenyx » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:46 pm

JMS wrote:I was in a diplo game earlier today with AO as Eu, Coke as Na, and me as Sa. Af was named "NewPlayer" but when I asked him, he told me that he was CE. this was about 6 hours ago. Hes around...

So May I be unbanned as I am not Conflict Europe, and did not ghost. The leaving game after being sanitized I can see how it looks like rage quit, and will not do it again.
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:01 am

Deadcows I do play on "un-nazi" servers , AKE, VSJ and DEDCON exclusivly these days.
Being as the "gestapo" controls the rest it does not leave many left these days.
Hopefully you silly boys will tire of trying to "own" Defcon and let the rest of the world in soon....
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 am

nuclear cocaine wrote:I have no personal problem with conflict Europe but he was in 2v2 just after that and attacked his teammate doom didn't tell me what happened it came to my attention when endless joined and asked him if he attacked team mate we decided to end the game and banned his IP then he returned several times and I personally banned him 3 IP addresses lol he must have static IP ? Maybe Burt can tell us how to kick his Mac address or something ?

Indeed, but I tried to bring up Mac Address banns, (& other forums of what I like to call a "Sure-Fire Ban" So it would be next to impossible to get around a Ban, but the discussion went no where. Also I am personally seeing this will be developed. Lastly I know these types of bans are "Frowned" upon by Internet Right Activist, but I really don't care, if you play the game and don't go looking for trouble you should not have to worry. :)

(Btw Connecting to a server automatically shows your Mac Address because the server logs information for many things like, recordings and other things. Not sure how that is a "Internet Right Violation".)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:51 am

You seem to be confused about MAC addresses. They do not show up automatically. They are unknown to the server and can only be determined in special cases (LAN games, mostly). The discussion about it went nowhere because it had nowhere to go.
What does show up automatically is the IP address. Whether is/should be legal/right to store those is a matter for lawyers/philosophers. For context, pretty much every web server out there keeps a connection log with IP addresses in it. I personally think that as long as you do not automatically share those logs with some central authority and only run automatic data gathering tools to help you provide the service you are providing (game stats, for example), everything is OK. Manually sharing selected subsets of the data you gathered is also fine (to help other server admins weed out troublemakers).
Ivan le Fou
level0

Postby Ivan le Fou » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Sorry for the "necropost".

I am fairly new here (just a few minutes old actually) and, while I was going through different section, I found out I was quiet in the same situation LordMarshallPhoenix. So I didn't really want to create a whole new other thread.

Thing is I also have been accused of "ghosting", don't really get what that is, by NuclearCocaine and eventually kicked from sfcon servers.
More or less the same thing, a "SFCON: 2v2 Equalised 2013-12-04___17:41_-_18:38".

Apparently the video is on but can't watch it for some reason. He said I had to talk with "senator", though I have no idea who this can be since no "senator" can be found here...
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Senator is trickster.

Return to “General”