Re: Dear John

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:35 am

Sudoku is gay.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:03 pm

The_Doctor wrote:Trying to prove that this community is dominated by assholes. Thanks for all the help.

So now your telling me this was all BS? I wasted my time reading all these long stupid post? -_- great.....

The_Doctor wrote:Sudoku is gay.

Is great, love Sudoku :D I say people who hate it are not smart enough to play it :D Although if you really know how Sudoku works it really doesn't require much of any skill really. Other then brain power.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't like sudoku because at first it's brains but in time it gets mechanical.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:38 pm

It is mechanical from start to finish. If the puzzle is solvable, there is an algorithm which was published in AMS Notices a few years ago that will give you the solution in a reasonable amount of time. Solving a puzzle is then a mechanical working through of the algorithm.

xander
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

I enjoy playing Memory from time to time. The algorithm is brain dead simple. But utilising it is challenging given the board it big enough.
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:22 am

well Doctor as a active poster on these forums you can't expect to say goodbye without being served up.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 am

trickser wrote:I enjoy playing Memory from time to time. The algorithm is brain dead simple. But utilising it is challenging given the board it big enough.

While I don't really care for Memory either, I think that the distinction is in the name. Memory requires both an algorithm and storage (i.e. a good memory). The challenge is not in implementing the algorithm, but remembering where things are (of course, it can be done without, but that algorithm is much less efficient, and you will lose if playing against someone using a better algorithm). In Memory, the game requires a skill, namely a good memory or mnemonics for remembering things. Sudoku requires nothing of the sort. Plug and chug from beginning to end.

Of course, you could do it without knowledge of the algorithm, which would be harder. Not my cup of tea, though. My main point is that one can dislike Sudoku for reasons other than not being good at it. It is a previously solved problem. I'd rather do something new, like attempt to find lower bounds on the Assouad dimension of the set of differences of the fractal attractor of an iterated function system in terms of the upper box dimension of the original attractor.

xander
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:17 am

xander wrote:I'd rather do something new, like attempt to find lower bounds on the Assouad dimension of the set of differences of the fractal attractor of an iterated function system in terms of the upper box dimension of the original attractor.

Why, do you suffer from insomnia?
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 am

Doc, honestly.. There is no world without Verona walls. Trust me, I'm from Verona.

You can't find a game so beautiful like Defcon. Many reasons can let you leave the game or the community, I can also be with you about some points, but there is no world without Verona walls.

It's true, the community is not in a good moment but ask yourself if you did it better or not.

And about the game? The game is there, beautiful in its marvellous bugs that still waiting some great actions (if you are able to make them).

You can leave and you can be bored but you can't lie saying that defcon is only practice and skill (what is genius without practice and skill?).

I rarely can play but I miss the time when I played every day. I'm happy to have found defcon on my way and I'm happy to find that rarely moments to jump in again..with all my lost practice, all my good skill, and all my idiot genius.

I love defcon..and you love it too, fuckin nerd.
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:01 pm

can confirm that chess is a good replacement for defcon :(
F.A.H.E.S.
level1
level1

Postby F.A.H.E.S. » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Assassins Creed... :roll:

Pseudo-interactive soap opera. Most video games today are just high end graphic cartoon movies with the need to press A all the time. No story, no need for dextirity and all the way just brainless.

Tetris is much better than Fallout 3, Assassins Creed and many more.

But taste differes from one to the other. Go and watch... eh, I mean play Assasins Creed^^
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:22 am

This post is a real shame.

Personally I think Defcon looks amazing
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:14 am

The community is actually v. good at the moment. lots of great games and interesting mix of old and new players.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:08 pm

jon wrote:The community is actually v. good at the moment. lots of great games and interesting mix of old and new players.

I disagree but I hope you are right. I'm usually too much pessimistic..
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:30 pm

I just get a pain in the back of my neck whenever I try to start defcon. I have not clicked on that exe for a month.
Something about it all of the sudden just feels repulsive.
Then I load up steam and see all the cool cheap fun relaxing (dumb) current and future games that look amazing.
I guess it's because of stress, defcon is hard these games are easy so I chose something that's not a chore.

Return to “General”