ban removal request - SFCon

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

MajorWatson
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm

ban removal request - SFCon

Postby MajorWatson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:04 pm

to whoever runs SFCON SERVERS...
i was playing Diplomacy a while back on your servers, when i backstabbed some 1. might of been Europe.
at the time i didnt know trhat this was a bannable offence and as such whuld like to request an Unban.
i play defcon alot so not being able to join SFCON servers is really anoying.
i whuld like this to be delt with as fast as humanly possable.

Also i appoligise for backstabbing, (i only did to win the game).

Yours sincerly
MajorWatson.

c.herrington2013@ymail.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< for a reply if needed.
Thanks
blane
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Re: Griefer Database and Banfile for DedCon

Postby blane » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Wait wat? Backstabbing is not allowed?

I remember backstabbing as a common tactic in diplomacy games. In fact, I can't remember any diplomacy game where not at least one backstabbing occurred. And nobody ever got mad about it, because, well, it's diplomacy. Every pact you make is a potential lie; the art of diplomacy gaming lies in removing incentives for others to backstab you.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: Griefer Database and Banfile for DedCon

Postby kudayta » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Backstabbing is allowed, and necessary to a diplo game. You werent banned for that reason.

That said, backstabbing is bannable on 2v2 or 3v3 games. Please let me know which server you were on, what nick you were using and when the game took place and I'll look into the matter.
blane
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby blane » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Ah, that makes sense. (Wasn't me who got banned, was just surprised to read this)
User avatar
VSj
level2
level2
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Finland

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby VSj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:18 am

Oh my...

MajorWatson, I remember you on some server a long time ago saying that you're not able to join SFCON. And I threw as a joke that maybe you shouldn't stab people, since I had witnessed that thing you probably mean (edit: I don't think it even was on SFCON). I was about to say that I wasn't serious but you left and I haven't seen you since. Sorry, if I made you think you are banned for that. :D I'm 100% sure no one banned you for for backstabbing in a diplo game. Diplo, afterall, IMO, is based on being an asshole, isn't it? :) Must have been something else.
MajorWatson
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby MajorWatson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 pm

@ VJS.
im sorry but everytime i try and join a SFCON server it says kicked.
i cant remember the server (it could possabley be a 2v2 or 3v3 match that i did it in but it was about 6 months ago.)
all i whuld realy like is to get unbanned so i can Experance the full game of defcon.

I Solumly Swear it wont happen again as i follow all rules set by Bots because of this unfortunate occerance.
Yours sincerly
MajorWatson <<<< this is the name i use on DEFCON. For All Matches.

Thanks for the Fast Reply.
User avatar
VSj
level2
level2
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Finland

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby VSj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:32 pm

MajorWatson wrote:@ VJS.
im sorry but everytime i try and join a SFCON server it says kicked.


Now I don't doubt that at all. I just tried to say that if you are banned, it must be because of something else :)
MajorWatson
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby MajorWatson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

:( im very sorry but i dont know why i have been banned. some 1 yesterday said it may be something to do with my ping. but everytime i try and join a SFCON server it says kicked by server. id just like to get unbanned, and start playing defcon.
i dont know why i have been banned (obviosly i have done something wrong but to be fair it was about 6 months ago so i cant really remember)
if you can unban me then id be really happy. if you cant then id be really upset.

Kind Regards
MajorWatson
MajorWatson
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Griefer Database and Banfile for DedCon

Postby MajorWatson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:21 pm

kudayta wrote:Backstabbing is allowed, and necessary to a diplo game. You werent banned for that reason.

That said, backstabbing is bannable on 2v2 or 3v3 games. Please let me know which server you were on, what nick you were using and when the game took place and I'll look into the matter.

sorry dont know what server. my nick is always MajorWatson.
id just like to resolve this matter like grown ups.

i also think that a 6 month ban is a bit harsh considering i did not get a warning.

kind Regards
MajorWatson
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: Griefer Database and Banfile for DedCon

Postby kudayta » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:43 pm

MajorWatson wrote:
kudayta wrote:Backstabbing is allowed, and necessary to a diplo game. You werent banned for that reason.

That said, backstabbing is bannable on 2v2 or 3v3 games. Please let me know which server you were on, what nick you were using and when the game took place and I'll look into the matter.

sorry dont know what server. my nick is always MajorWatson.
id just like to resolve this matter like grown ups.

i also think that a 6 month ban is a bit harsh considering i did not get a warning.

kind Regards
MajorWatson


It's entirely possible that you've been caught up in someone else's ban. Get with me next time you're in the game, and I can run some more tests.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Just un ban him and give him a second chance.. I mean GROUP 6 Bans are not permanent like sfCON neither is Quaker. We un ban after a few weeks. Also we keep track if you break the rules more then 4 times then it becomes a indefinite ban. I am only sharing this information so that Senator may adopt a more fair banning "Protocol". Also we like to teach NewerPlayers that come into the community instead of banning them, because newplayers don't know our traditions and our culture and how we do things. Because if you think about it, someone buys Defcon for 10-20 USD and comes on and rage quits or what ever it may be and gets banned. This really doesn't seem fair because he didn't know that his behavior and what he did was unexceptable.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby kudayta » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:Just un ban him and give him a second chance.. I mean GROUP 6 Bans are not permanent like sfCON neither is Quaker. We un ban after a few weeks. Also we keep track if you break the rules more then 4 times then it becomes a indefinite ban. I am only sharing this information so that Senator may adopt a more fair banning "Protocol". Also we like to teach NewerPlayers that come into the community instead of banning them, because newplayers don't know our traditions and our culture and how we do things. Because if you think about it, someone buys Defcon for 10-20 USD and comes on and rage quits or what ever it may be and gets banned. This really doesn't seem fair because he didn't know that his behavior and what he did was unexceptable.


Hound, last time you told us to give someone a second chance, he threw it back in your face within hours.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:07 am

kudayta wrote:Hound, last time you told us to give someone a second chance, he threw it back in your face within hours.

Sooooo? Your point is? Then you ban him again, it really isn't that hard, tis not rocket science. GROUP 6 just believe in second chances when it comes to bans. There is no reason for heavy BanHammerers, or being very heavy handed. Besides we only have about 100 people playing this game, why scare more away? :D
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby kudayta » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:
kudayta wrote:Hound, last time you told us to give someone a second chance, he threw it back in your face within hours.

Sooooo? Your point is? Then you ban him again, it really isn't that hard, tis not rocket science. GROUP 6 just believe in second chances when it comes to bans. There is no reason for heavy BanHammerers, or being very heavy handed. Besides we only have about 100 people playing this game, why scare more away? :D


My point is that you don't have a good track record when it comes to judging character.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: ban removal request - SFCon

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 pm

kudayta wrote:My point is that you don't have a good track record when it comes to judging character.


I never Judged anyone, the guys said vouch for me, so I did. I gave him a second chance, and it is on him not me that he fucked it up :D

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest